Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:26:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter banned cryptocurrencies Ads  (Read 1885 times)
SlickMoTwoToe

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:49:50 AM

Twitter will follow Google and Facebook's lead in banning cryptocurrency ads.

The ban will roll out Tuesday, and become fully enforceable for all advertisers within a month, including initial coin offerings and token sales.

It will also cover ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services.

Is that a problem for bitcoin too or only ICO's ??
It will have a big impact on the ICO because their project is promoting on the social to gather more investor I would like to wish that it was just a fud so we can continue to promote social media

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arcanayou

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:22:34 AM

the prohibition of bitcoin ads on twitter, google and facebook will give you a slice on bitcoin prices, this means that twitter, google and facebook do not believe in bitcoin, more and more do not believe in bitcoin so the future of bitcoin will be less good, I hope this kind of situation do not last long and I hope also twitter immediately revoke the decision or the plan because bitcoin has many benefits and advantages
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:25:25 AM

Twitter and facebook banned crypto ads because some ICOs are fraud and not acting on good faith. They only wanted to protect the citizens from scams.
panukurap

Activity: 486

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:41:23 AM

True, twitter now follows facebook and google to ban crypto ads, but that's just in the beginning, affecting bitcoin prices, bitcoin will definitely go back up again in the next few weeks, even though social media prohibits crypto advertising, it will not affect investors for investment , they can still find information about crypto, on the web or on this forum.

troglobait

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:55:29 AM

constantly unpleasant news. Countries are afraid for their banks and their own currency. Trying to crush the crypto market, but it's all useless. The fact that Twitter prohibits advertising of crypto currency. first of all it will hit the ICO and the development of the blockchain system. In general, this is very unpleasant news for the market.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:06:14 AM

it is really sad these social medias and google are actually doing this. i really dont understand what their problem is. they get money as thousands and millions of people use their platform so why fight people for doing this. i strongly believe government is behind all these bans from twitter, facebook and google. just a way to fight bitcoin
PPumpsTogether (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:28:03 AM

The ban will roll out Tuesday, and become fully enforceable for all advertisers within a month, including initial coin offerings and token sales.

It will also cover ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services.

Its only happen only on ICOs. After many happen scam ICOs, some social media platform banning ICOs ads to protect their user from being deceived. That will effect to start up with good project want to lauch their ICO
i hope so, from another hand i can say that this bans of all cryptocurrencies from social media it's reasonable because of many fake projects which inflicted heavy losses on people, we are parties of this community of crypto, we have to find a way to ban all the unoriginal developers.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:40:09 AM

There's any link on this or just a speculation? Seem there's no news break on the web anyway.
that is true , take a link from CNN:

https://www.ccn.com/twitter-bans-cryptocurrency-ico-advertising-starting-today/

karlkino

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:43:50 AM

Conventional Social media platforms like facebook and twitter have realised the potential of the cryptocurrency markets, hence, these measures in a bit to stall the markets so they can have a chance in the market when they launch theirs.
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:28:39 AM

Conventional Social media platforms like facebook and twitter have realised the potential of the cryptocurrency markets, hence, these measures in a bit to stall the markets so they can have a chance in the market when they launch theirs.

Most likely it is! But also care about people who can lose money in this too! Advertising is prohibited, and we can do posts and tweets of the promotion of ICO and participate in the bounty campaign. Crypto currency will stand before this blow and will develop!
hen cet

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:40:58 AM

After facebook and google, now twitter which prohibits advertising crypto, this is really not good for the world crypto, I still wonder why meraka, to prohibit advertisements crypto, but crypto does not harm them, I still believe despite all the social media, banning advertising crypto , crypto will continue to grow and more advanced again.
Traidia

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:06:49 AM

There will be an effect from the banning as its going to reduce the number of platforms advertisement can be done. This means it will be harder to promote and reach a larger audience. It's suggested that i will be more of a problem for ICO's because they rely more on advertising to get their message out. Also, a lot of the Bitcoin ads that were being made were more scams than legit adverts.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:26:13 AM

There is no need to worry about the banning of the cryptocurrency ads from twitter because it already happened in the social platform called facebook but i can still see a lot of promotions in that social network and i will still see the same thing in the twitter because of they banned he advertisement for cryptocurrency then the people who supports cryptocurrency will do it manually using their account.
Boysen

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:28:27 AM

They don't necessarily ban all cryptocurrency ads in the social networking site twitter, what they did is banned the ads that seems to suspicious to let it pass and the ads that they deem are coming from ICOs that are reported for scamming their users. I think it is just good but the Media is just exaggerating things.

Miles123

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:48:36 AM

That's bad news for me because I work hard to have a many followers and I apply many twitter campaign. But I hope that they will not banned my account. As of now I can post about my campaigns. I think it's very useful because they remove all spamming accounts. If the result of that is very good then I agree with the twitter team.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:01:19 PM

That's bad news for me because I work hard to have a many followers and I apply many twitter campaign. But I hope that they will not banned my account. As of now I can post about my campaigns. I think it's very useful because they remove all spamming accounts. If the result of that is very good then I agree with the twitter team.
i think that it's not about bans accounts, the bounty stays work always, i think that they target the paid advertising for the company, for example google company they will never accept Ads for ICO's and cryptocurrencies in google adsense as long as the ban is  in force , but everyone can launch an video for any coin he want in youtube.
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:08:27 PM

can be a problem in increasing the popularity of a token, because when a social media is a place to share information, it will slightly lower the enthusiasts and investors. so, hopefully twitter does not block the ad retweet and tweet.
rippedjeannes

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:34:14 PM

This is really a sad news for cryptos currency because Twitter is the most popular social way to advertise Bitcoin and altcoins also.
I think there should be a soultion for this banned because this could damage so much to the cryptocurrency market.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:56:41 PM

This is really a sad news for cryptos currency because Twitter is the most popular social way to advertise Bitcoin and altcoins also.
I think there should be a soultion for this banned because this could damage so much to the cryptocurrency market.
it's not that big sadness, we still have bounties, everything gonna be stable, only news affects on the market few days.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:11:44 PM

Twitter already banned bitcoin and every cruptocurrency ads after google announced it early this month. Because of this, bitcoin prices are going low. However I believe that this prices will still go up. I think this ban only affects bitcoin prices not all ICO because ethyrium is already taking the front stage
All such action do really hit crypto coins hard but the poor thing is, still bitcoin or altcoins could not be eliminated from the face of Earth. These have the potential to survive even under the toughest situations, they can take up all the hatred from twitter and will keep on growing anyways. Actually, there is nothing new about this banning. Many countries have been doing such lame actions against crypto currencies only because it can hurt their power and control.  Just because they can’t peek into other’s doing anymore. Twitter is pathetic

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄