Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 06:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The best time to buy tokens in exchange??  (Read 122 times)
adekogbe (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

I am still pretty new to ICO investing, and I always here different analysts saying things like; get a token in exchange if you miss the ICO.

The problem is that some tokens dump hard after ICO and others make as much as 10-15x as soon as it gets to exchange.

So buy in the good tokens may be expensive but they don't really grow much for a long time after exchanges while the others that has crashed may take long to reach the ICO price or make reasonable ROI

Thus my question: when is the best time to get a token in exchange to make a good ROI, and not have too much capital tied down for a long time.

eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:33:13 PM

You answered your own question. There is no right time and it is dependent on the coin. Some go much higher than ICO price and so it would be best to buy right away before it pumps too much. Others fall very low and so it would be best to wait. The challenge is in identifying which coins will do which, I think the majority of coins fall in to the latter in that they dump initially. A good thing to look out for is bounty payments, if they have a bounty the price often dumps when they're released so you can look out for that and anticipate dips.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:44:45 PM

I am still pretty new to ICO investing, and I always here different analysts saying things like; get a token in exchange if you miss the ICO.

The problem is that some tokens dump hard after ICO and others make as much as 10-15x as soon as it gets to exchange.

So buy in the good tokens may be expensive but they don't really grow much for a long time after exchanges while the others that has crashed may take long to reach the ICO price or make reasonable ROI

Thus my question: when is the best time to get a token in exchange to make a good ROI, and not have too much capital tied down for a long time.
First, I recommend you never invest in ico because not all ico is successful. And because now too many ico are out then many are also a scam.

To get a profit you can trade on an exchange and it is safer than wasting your money on a project that is not necessarily a success for the future.
Bittrex and Binance offer lots of coins to trade, all you can do is research on the coins you'll trade or find a telegram channel that gives you accurate trade information and certainly gives you a profit. Good Luck  Wink

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:58:05 PM

I think there is no best time to invest in Crypto. Each of us has our own thoughts and takes chances at different times. I think you should watch the market for a long time. Once you understand their fluctuations, grab the opportunity and invest in them. It is better to ask when to invest the best time. I think there will be no reasonable answer for you.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
adekogbe (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:01:20 PM

First, I recommend you never invest in ico because not all ico is successful. And because now too many ico are out then many are also a scam.

To get a profit you can trade on an exchange and it is safer than wasting your money on a project that is not necessarily a success for the future.
Bittrex and Binance offer lots of coins to trade, all you can do is research on the coins you'll trade or find a telegram channel that gives you accurate trade information and certainly gives you a profit. Good Luck  Wink

Okay if I am getting you right, you mean trading is better than ICO investing, however what about the tokens that do well in the long run, so I just ignore those?

Koalamite

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:06:09 PM

For now anytime is the best time to buy token but for me i earn tokens in signature campaign or bounty campaign and after you finished the campaign you can earn token and buy altcoins.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:09:58 PM

<snip>

Just do you own research and don't rely on peoples opinions. Suggesting investments to people is a very bad idea, especially when it's something so risky and volatile like crypto. According to statistics, more than 90% of all the coins are losing their value after the ICO. That is why it is important to filter out the bad ones from the good ones.
Get a complete information about the product, team, work progress, future business plans and legal authority of ICO before investing.   
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:13:16 PM

The best time to buy tokens is when the price is in a big dip,you pay at low price and sell at a high price when there is a turn up in the market and that will give you huge profit
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:19:21 PM

I think the best time to buy is the pre sale where you get up to 70% bonus but it will take a lot of time before it hit the exchange, you can also make a profit on exchange but be sure you know if you are investing in a very good project, not a pump and dump one.

adekogbe (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:20:19 PM

I think there is no best time to invest in Crypto. Each of us has our own thoughts and takes chances at different times. I think you should watch the market for a long time. Once you understand their fluctuations, grab the opportunity and invest in them. It is better to ask when to invest the best time. I think there will be no reasonable answer for you.
Thank you very much really insightful reply.
I'll take your advice on board

stitch80

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:21:04 PM

In my opinion, if you have enough time to learn a lot about some coin you should do it and try to predict whether it will grow in price or it will be dumped.
You should analyze the current trend of the whole cryptomarket, the idea of the coin, news and team progress, because even the coin with the bright idea may be distributed in descending trend time thus many bounty hunters prefer to sell it immediately to buy bitcoin, for example.
On the other hand, you may diversify your deposit and buy some tokens while ICO is coming and then buy another bulk of tokens after they are dumped.
If tokens grow after ICO you will get profit anyway.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:23:46 PM

For now anytime is the best time to buy token but for me i earn tokens in signature campaign or bounty campaign and after you finished the campaign you can earn token and buy altcoins.
In this case the tokens received from a bounty are made for capital buying some altcoin, this is exactly as I do. Certainly can save money if you want to invest in coins that have good prospects.
adekogbe (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:24:50 PM

<snip>

Just do you own research and don't rely on peoples opinions. Suggesting investments to people is a very bad idea, especially when it's something so risky and volatile like crypto. According to statistics, more than 90% of all the coins are losing their value after the ICO. That is why it is important to filter out the bad ones from the good ones.
Get a complete information about the product, team, work progress, future business plans and legal authority of ICO before investing.   

Yea Its important to filter out the bad eggs, because while I was going to Icodrops and I stumbled upon their stats list, I discovered that majority of ICOs are dumping post ICO, which really makes me question the essence of ICOs at all.

melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:27:19 PM

No one know when will be the right time to buy it. But for me i prefer buying at exchange halfprice in the ico will be good buy for me if its much lower then its much better for me. I feel also disappointed in the project after 6x finsih the ico cant even make the price to ico price.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:29:25 PM

Okay if I am getting you right, you mean trading is better than ICO investing, however what about the tokens that do well in the long run, so I just ignore those?
If that's what you believe, do it and believe in yourself. I just give advice.

But make sure you invest in the correct ico, first check the developer, roadmap and also its whitepaper.
This is a good time to invest in ico (which is really good) because bitcoin and crypto are down, so we will not spend much money to invest.
Good Luck

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

Not all ICOs go 10x-15x at launch, only the really good ones with huge potential goes that way. And the majority of ICO tokens just tank below ICO price at the very beginning of the launch. So, there is just no way to predict any coin from before. It entirely depends upon the project, the team, the hype surrounding the project and the market itself.

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:40:24 PM

<snip>

Yea Its important to filter out the bad eggs, because while I was going to Icodrops and I stumbled upon their stats list, I discovered that majority of ICOs are dumping post ICO, which really makes me question the essence of ICOs at all.

I understand what you mean. I think ICOs will survive in some form, I just hope that SCAM projects will come to an end. Perhaps market regulation can fix this, or something else, but the situation will improve over time.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:57:05 PM

I think you have already figured it out, since you have proposed both the scenarios. Now the thing is that some tokens might really hit off well when they are launched at exchanges, look at dragonchain for an instance, and then there are some which might take time, look at storm. You just have to sit patiently on your ICO and long term alt coin investments.

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

<snip>

I understand what you mean. I think ICOs will survive in some form, I just hope that SCAM projects will come to an end. Perhaps market regulation can fix this, or something else, but the situation will improve over time.

The whole market is taking a beating at the moment, and a lot of ICOs are dropping post ICO. This Ita currently ICO winter like some friends will call it so its best to be as picky as possible when choosing ICOs to invest in & you can also decide to wait out the ICO and get some good coins as soon as they get on exchanges 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: