Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:59:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth investing ETC?  (Read 578 times)
Rainbowwww

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:54:13 AM

Hi,

ETC is priced quite low at the moment and was wondering if its worth buying into ETC?

What price can it go too in future? Is it better than ETH?

Please let me know your thoughts?

Thanks

yesterday i have bought ETH, but now i'm not consider thats is a good idea.. i think such dump obviously expecting... 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:55:32 PM

Maybe in the long run this coin will bring profit, but not now. ETC has grown recently because of the fork. I think that after that many investors lost interest in this coin after that...

barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:38:14 AM

Hi,

ETC is priced quite low at the moment and was wondering if its worth buying into ETC?

Thanks
No, Ethereum classic ETC is not at all worth investing according to me. Now, many people will say that it will cross $150 mark till end of this year, but to me its sounds pure rubbish. ETC in no manner is better than ETH. ETC has security and privacy flaws in its blockchain technology. Also ETC doesn’t really have any real world applications in the crypto industry.

Moreover its scalability is low and is only alive in the market because of hype and people believing that it was the first platform based on smart contracts and must have same position as Bitcoin in the market.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:08:58 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Yeap price is low, same things with NEO. But their price will depen from new ICO's. I think much more chance to grow up than at ethereum.
In no manner can NEO be compared to ETC. NEO is a far better and potential platform than ETC and is much more worth investing. NEO is making effort to connect outside world to the blockchain technology and is proving itself of immense utility in the market. The technology beneath NEO is far better and advanced than ETC. Also NEO is highly scalable and has no security or privacy issue. NEO is based on smart contacts too, but is way better than ETC. ETC will die once its hype is over among its believers.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:56:21 AM

ETH is much more popular and useful than ETC. But yes, you can invest a small part in it as a diversification strategy and hope for a bull run in future. But don't invest a big part of your income in it. It's just not worth it.
True. I would say it’s not even worth investing a penny in ETC because of its history as we all know that ETC was hacked and in order to compensate the amount lost by the investors and to improve the security system hard fork called Ethereum was launched.

Why would people even wanna go back to old technology that isn’t even worth? There are far many better projects in the market now such as NEO, ADA and WAVES that have smart contracts and advanced technology.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

Hi,

Thanks

yesterday i have bought ETH, but now i'm not consider thats is a good idea.. i think such dump obviously expecting... 

Well, this time ETH is performing will as value is increasingly high, this is because the value of bitcoin will increase and some altcoins in cryptocurrency today are really good making the whole markets are green. This might be a partial increase as market is unpredictably to analyse.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:24:17 AM

Maybe in the long run this coin will bring profit, but not now. ETC has grown recently because of the fork. I think that after that many investors lost interest in this coin after that...
Fork for what? A lot of people are losing trust in the callisto developer because ETC foundation never tries to create any cooperation with callisto project. This fork gonna make another fork and it doesn't make sense at all.
ETC doesn't even perform better rather than a new platform coin just like cardano or credits as new comers in the crypto space.
LuckyHopper18

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:26:07 AM

Looking at how ETH had performed last year just like BTC. I'd say, its still worth investing. Plus don't ignore the fact the ETH is widely adopted because of its smart contract.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:28:07 AM

I already dump my ETC and ZEC,  I feel that these coins are just pumps and dumps.  Everytime Barry shills ETC crashes afterwards. It's up to you if you want to buy at the top everytime they shill.

Hi,

Thanks

sangtuosimino

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:31:36 AM

If let me choose between ETH and ETC. I will not hesitate to choose ETC. Etc is completely decentralized, though ETH is not strong in application. But from a long-term investment and stability perspective, etc will have more advantages. Now its price is still increasing.
Tiigon

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:34:26 AM

I think if ETC and ETH do not differ greatly from its popularity, it is therefore very good to invest in ETC at current prices, because this is a low price. and I'm sure it would be good to invest in ETC coins Smiley Thanks

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:16:27 AM

Hi,

Thanks
Maybe I'm wrong, but the price itself can not be the basis for making a decision about buying. Need more weighty reason than just a "cheap" price for a coin.
True. You cannot decide whether to buy a coin or not just by seeing its price. If it was so, people would have invested in TRX, ETN, XVG and other cheap coins. The main reasons that decide whether one should invest in a coin or not are :
1.   Technology in which it is based.
2.   It's utility in crypto market as well as real world.
3.   If it provides security and privacy.
4.   Its team of developers and team of advisors.
5.   Its position in the market and whether it is well established or not.
6.   Its market cap and circulating supply. And also the demand among public.
kanna

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:07:27 AM

Yes, you should. ETC is also my favorite coin and it gave me more profit
watervo1999

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:08:47 AM

I advise you to buy LTC instead of ETC because LTC is much more profit than ETC  Grin
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:13:44 AM

I believe ETC will be  at the higher price in 4th quarter of 2018.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
zafmine

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:04:39 AM

I think ETC’s situation does not seem to be very promising.  ETC now reaches only 3% of the value of ETH.
rosabella

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

ETC is as profitable or a bit more profitable to mine than ETH, so they do. miners like money and if ETC gets them more money, they mine ETC. My prediction is that pareto effect will make one of them 80% and the other 20%.
Daeshim

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:10:44 AM

Various experts and crypto research websites claims that looking at the current growth seen in the Ethereum Classic is very bright. These experts also expects that the coin going up by almost 75% nearby $57.24. This means that the investors can hold the coin to earn more.
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:11:07 AM

Yes I think because a lot of people supporting classic ethereum because of its benefits. I think it will be around 100$ soon, so you can make x5 easy
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:14:30 AM

I read somewhere this year will be great for ETC, they got some project release this year so yes it will worth invest it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: