Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From new registration to activity of 14 in half a day.  (Read 83 times)
Talk merit (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

I think this illustrates the need for the activity and merit controls, and how they are helpful to new members with an interest in Bitcoin. Without those controls, I could be a legendary by the week end. I hope that new members realise the opportunities that membership of Bitcoin Talk can open up for you. It is sad that so many seem to squander their time in the pursuit of pennies in the bounty arena. Instead of chasing rank and merit, you could be building the foundation for a lucrative career in the new world of crypto based economies.

It doesn't take much to start and run a Bitcoin node, and this gives you the chance to explore all the features and commands associated with the Bitcoin blockchain. There is a shortage of people with a reasonable understanding of its potential.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

I think this illustrates the need for the activity and merit controls, and how they are helpful to new members with an interest in Bitcoin. Without those controls, I could be a legendary by the week end.

You don't seem to understand how the activity system works. You can get 14 potential activity for each period. ( 1  period is roughly 2 weeks), which correlates to about 1 activity per day.

It'll take somewhere between 2 and 3 years to become legendary activity-wise ( and ofcourse you'll still need 1k merit, which is going to take a lifetime at the current rate   Roll Eyes )

There is a shortage of people with a reasonable understanding of its potential.

Ironic  Roll Eyes

Talk merit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

You don't seem to understand how the activity system works. You can get 14 potential activity for each period. ( 1  period is roughly 2 weeks), which correlates to about 1 activity per day.

I understand it perfectly, but you don't seem to be able to read and understand a post. My point is that without the restriction of the activity and merit controls, new members could just race ahead and rank up in no time.

Did you check my join time, and my activity. If that doesn't demonstrate an understanding of the activity system, I'm not sure what does. I'm very pro the activity and merit controls, and they are quite clearly having a beneficial effect on the boards. Now if only we can get members to realise that the pursuit of merit is really going to hold them back from realising the potential that membership of this forum can give them.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:02:18 PM

I understand it perfectly, but you don't seem to be able to read and understand a post. My point is that without the restriction of the activity and merit controls, new members could just race ahead and rank up in no time.

Did you check my join time, and my activity. If that doesn't demonstrate an understanding of the activity system, I'm not sure what does. I'm very pro the activity and merit controls, and they are quite clearly having a beneficial effect on the boards. Now if only we can get members to realise that the pursuit of merit is really going to hold them back from realising the potential that membership of this forum can give them.

Again, you don't.

You could have registered an account back in 2011, but that doesn't mean that you can get 2000 activity by the end of the weekend ( if you were able to create 2000 posts), since you'll only have the potential activity for 1 period ( 14). ( Which means you'll only be able to get 14 activity ( although you have 2000 posts).

Did you check my join time, and my activity

You have 17 posts, 14 activity and was registered: "Date Registered:   Today at 07:55:50 AM"

If that doesn't demonstrate an understanding of the activity system, I'm not sure what does.

How do these two correlate with each other in the slightest? Huh

Talk merit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 05:31:57 PM

Why do you keep banging on about activity, and attempting to derail the thread. Obviously we both understand at least the basics of activity. Have you considered that this thread may have been pre-planned, and without an understanding of activity, that would not have been possible.

The whole point of the thread is that without activity, a prolific poster can rank up in a very short time. The activity restriction prevents this, and it means that the more senior ranks have had some experience and knowledge from supporting the forum. Your figures are completely irrelevant, as we are discussing the concept, and not the detailed application.

Your point that I couldn't gain 2,000 in activity is of course true, because in the situation that I postulated activity didn't exist.

The Talk Merit projects
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: