Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Script for selling bitcoin through a website?  (Read 1234 times)
Ch33s3mast3r (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:46:16 AM

Hi all,
I've been spreading the world about bitcoin locally and people are really keen on getting involved. The only problem is the lack of availability in New Zealand without using an exchange or heavily marked up service. I aim to create a basic website that gives instructions on creating a wallet and shows a form allowing people completely new to bitcoin to enter their bitcoin address and amount they want to purchase (in NZD or bitcoin) and be given a reference number and a bank account number to deposit funds to. Ideally this would be saved in a MySQL database or similar system which I can check daily and send orders when the bank transfer comes through.

Is there an existing script for something like this or should I write my own (I have limited coding knowledge but I'm happy to do some googling to find some tutorials)

Thanks!

Angus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:04:43 AM

Writing code which deals with money is probably and unbelievably bad starter project.  It would be likely to be educational though...

I'd suggest to just work on an educational web site which includes information on sustainable ways to obtain BTC in quantity, and perhaps work on automating the creation or funding of wallets at an existing on-line service.  Instawallet was awesome for this purpose back in the day since account creation was non-existent...dunno if what is kicking around now.  Self-fund the wallets and see if donations can cover the costs.  Just a suggestion.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Ch33s3mast3r (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:14:40 AM

Writing code which deals with money is probably and unbelievably bad starter project.  It would be likely to be educational though...

I'd suggest to just work on an educational web site which includes information on sustainable ways to obtain BTC in quantity, and perhaps work on automating the creation or funding of wallets at an existing on-line service.  Instawallet was awesome for this purpose back in the day since account creation was non-existent...dunno if what is kicking around now.  Self-fund the wallets and see if donations can cover the costs.  Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your reply!
There would be no coin stored on the server, and rather than automating it I would handle all the payouts manually. All the form would do is handle requests for bitcoin, notify me and serve the visitor a reference number.
mkbit88

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:50:34 PM

Would you not be marking up the BTC price yourself though for the trouble of doing all of this?
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:04:32 AM

Hi all,
I've been spreading the world about bitcoin locally and people are really keen on getting involved. The only problem is the lack of availability in New Zealand without using an exchange or heavily marked up service. I aim to create a basic website that gives instructions on creating a wallet and shows a form allowing people completely new to bitcoin to enter their bitcoin address and amount they want to purchase (in NZD or bitcoin) and be given a reference number and a bank account number to deposit funds to. Ideally this would be saved in a MySQL database or similar system which I can check daily and send orders when the bank transfer comes through.

Is there an existing script for something like this or should I write my own (I have limited coding knowledge but I'm happy to do some googling to find some tutorials)

Thanks!

Angus.

Take a look at htt://www.spiceworks.com it's among other things a very good help ticket system. it has a web portal or can use email. BTW it's free with ads on the server you see your customers never see adds.

your webform sends an email to the box spiceworks is pointing at. It sends a reply with ticket number you update staus in spice works and it emails customer. You can customize email to include header images logos sigs etc.

Windows only lots of videos and tutorials for it

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:21:53 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 01:21:20 AM by TheButterZone

Emailmeform.com might work too. Example: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/9HlrdJQe3uSf85B7ac1X

Plan:
Basic
Free
Unlimited Forms
50 Fields
100 Submissions / Month
1 User
1 Theme
3 Reports
100 MB Storage Limit
SSL Encryption
Payment Integration

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: