Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedicated Bitcoin Mining Rigs  (Read 27874 times)
BitcoinRigs.com (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2011, 09:26:46 AM

BitcoinRigs.com is now selling computers custom-built for bitcoin mining. With a wide range of options from affordable price to extreme performance there is something for everyone. Each system is fully configured. Just plug it in and turn it on and it will start generating bitcoins. In a matter of weeks it could pay for itself. After that, it's all profit.

No need to rent. No need to share. Keep all the bitcoins for yourself!  Grin

Dedicated Bitcoin Mining Rigs from http://bitcoinrigs.com/
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 10:41:26 AM

There is a perfect income opportunity for businesses that custom-assemble PCs.

The more reputable ones "burn in" these systems for 48 hours to check that everything is working properly. The "new" way to "burn in" a PC is to have it mining for those 48 hours. Suddenly the cut-throat custom PC business became more profitable!
comboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 11:29:52 AM

Would be nice to know things like what PSU it has exactly (mobo could also be nice). And talking about PSU - because you configure it, do you provide some warranty so I can be sure it won't burn within given amount of time, when running only on software prepared by you?

PS. Configured water cooling solution with some kind of warranty would be something really outstanding.

Variance is a bitch!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 06:00:37 PM

So someone finally open up a mining rig business.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 06:10:24 PM

How much would you charge to assemble a rig with the following specs?  http://bitcoind.org/mediawiki/index.php/MinerHardware

And, what is your warranty policy?

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2011, 06:33:43 PM

You should consider just putting a 5970 in that low-end rig. It'll be much better than three 5770s.  Also, how are you addressing the card cooling issues with 3 cards in any of these boxes?

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
BitcoinRigs.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2011, 11:42:18 PM

More detailed specs will be coming soon. Watch the web pages for updates.

You should consider just putting a 5970 in that low-end rig. It'll be much better than three 5770s.

That depends on your view of "better". 3x 5770 will still cost less, especially considering that 5970s are out of production and are going to be hard to get at a decent price very soon.

Also, how are you addressing the card cooling issues with 3 cards in any of these boxes?

Good cases with several fans.

kldunc

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 01:59:12 PM

What makes these rigs so great for bit coin mining?
Anonymous

February 07, 2011, 02:27:57 PM

Would be nice to know things like what PSU it has exactly (mobo could also be nice). And talking about PSU - because you configure it, do you provide some warranty so I can be sure it won't burn within given amount of time, when running only on software prepared by you?

PS. Configured water cooling solution with some kind of warranty would be something really outstanding.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

Cheesy
brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2011, 02:36:20 PM

More detailed specs will be coming soon. Watch the web pages for updates.

You should consider just putting a 5970 in that low-end rig. It'll be much better than three 5770s.

That depends on your view of "better". 3x 5770 will still cost less, especially considering that 5970s are out of production and are going to be hard to get at a decent price very soon.

Also, how are you addressing the card cooling issues with 3 cards in any of these boxes?

Good cases with several fans.

That will not handle the issue of putting the intake fan from one 5970 up against the hot back plate of another 5970.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 03:23:52 PM

Sure it will cost less but 3x 5770's do not equal 1 5970...

3 5770s = 2/3s of the power of a 5970. You can go by the number of stream processors they each have. 5770 = 800 stream procs. compared to a 5970s at 3200 procs.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
BitcoinRigs.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2011, 06:24:05 PM

Why is it that your prices are not in BTC? (...with the option to buy in fiat, of course)

We're just starting out, and we're not backed by a large investor. We have to buy all our parts in fiat. Once things get going we can add BTC as an option.

Sure it will cost less but 3x 5770's do not equal 1 5970...

So for someone who doesn't want to spend as much money, 3x 5770s is a better choice.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 06:37:17 PM

As a wildly enthusiastic fan of bitcoin with hardly any understanding of the technical side of mining I am interested in this offering.
But I would like to see some 'estimated payback' or 'expected generation' rates presented and open for critiquing by other members of the community.
Anonymous

February 07, 2011, 07:54:41 PM

I really don't see the point in 500GB hard drives.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 08:46:09 PM

movies, pictures, anything really. I mine all the time on my computer but I surf the web and do things too, just because it's good at mining doesn't mean you cannot touch it.
Anonymous

February 07, 2011, 08:55:24 PM

movies, pictures, anything really. I mine all the time on my computer but I surf the web and do things too, just because it's good at mining doesn't mean you cannot touch it.
Well, I guess that's true but I would imagine most people would just install CLI linux, plug it in the back of a closet and call it a day. At least that's what I have done. I can use another more energy-efficient computer for surfing and I don't have to waste a monitor on the thing.
dingus

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 08:58:09 PM

Well, I guess that's true but I would imagine most people would just install CLI linux, plug it in the back of a closet and call it a day. At least that's what I have done. I can use another more energy-efficient computer for surfing and I don't have to waste a monitor on the thing.
I don't see someone who is interested in a pre-built mining computer having the knowledge to run gui-less linux on one of these. I think the market for these exists with those who have little knowledge of how to build a computer, which mostly goes hand in hand with not knowing cli-linux. Smiley

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 09:03:07 PM

Will your machines automatically reboot and start mining again after a power failure?  I think this is an important feature.  Because of the huge power draw (my modest setup is pulling 2 KW continuously from the mains), it isn't practical to run a UPS.  At the same time, you don't want to have to run back to your mining installation if there is a power loss.  The Ext4 filesystem can take it all in stride, but you need to modify a standard ATX PSU if you want it to power up without pressing the power button.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 09:19:16 PM

I don't see someone who is interested in a pre-built mining computer having the knowledge to run gui-less linux on one of these. I think the market for these exists with those who have little knowledge of how to build a computer, which mostly goes hand in hand with not knowing cli-linux. Smiley

<shrug> After years of building my own computers, I learned the value of pre-built computers with warranties and support.  Plus, my own time has a cost.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
dingus

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 09:57:28 PM

<shrug> After years of building my own computers, I learned the value of pre-built computers with warranties and support.  Plus, my own time has a cost.

Good point. +1

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: