Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:00:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Share please tips to know project scam or not?  (Read 608 times)
archer02

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:46:02 AM

I've seen the post on this thread, it seems difficult to know a project is a scam or not. Even for the legendary. I always follow all the projects I think I can do while praying that the project that I follow is not a scam.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ardan17

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:22:01 PM

one way to find out a scam project or not is to pay attention to a site offer
Does the offer make sense? Is it not excessive? If the offer makes sense, there could be a chance of success. But if the offer is too good, there's probably something wrong.
xxc123

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:23:00 PM

You also can analyze the activity of the project team in the bounty and ICO preparing process - if you start to suspect that the ICO success is more important for you than for the team it may be a sign that project is a scam.
And of course, you may rely on your luck
hawaii236

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:33:14 AM

If the web page is easy and not very elaborated and the team is only one or 3 persons, and not more than 12.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:14:25 AM

I've seen the post on this thread, it seems difficult to know a project is a scam or not. Even for the legendary. I always follow all the projects I think I can do while praying that the project that I follow is not a scam.  Grin

Indeed, it is not easy to judge if the project is good or is a scam. Even a project that looks good at the beginning can turn into a failure for various reasons. Investing in ICO is always very risky. That is why risk assessment is very important.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:43:39 AM

The first thing I always pay attention to is how the project team reveals their personalities(photos on the site, profiles on social networks and more). The concealment of these data are the first sign of a Scam.Also be sure to pay attention to the team's activity in social networks and on the Bitcointalk. Hiding the smart contract address is an obvious sign of a Scam.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:26:33 AM

Yep. I think everyone in this forum also joined at least 1 time in a scam bounty Smiley)). Unfortunately I joined 2 times Smiley). At the first time, it's Lydian bounty and the second time is Envion bounty campaign Smiley.

Until now, I still don't receive reward for my work. LOL. I think it's almost impossible to find out which one is scam or not, sometime you need to use your luck Grin

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:16:52 PM

Honestly, when you have a good knowledge and background in that field, you can know easily if this project is a scam or not, so before you start in that area you must learn and understand the basics and trust me, knowledge is power. and unfortunately, I see that many people easily fooled because of these ICO's scams, or fake projects, the main reason for this is the greed of many of them through the airdrops, and other easy money.

In addition to that, if you read the Whitepaper very well then you can know if this project is a scam or not through the technical things. Plus, the cheaters are everywhere in whole internet and the issue is that scam projects develop over time, So be careful of them and do not rush when choosing the right project.
sharkpc2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:24:00 AM

consider the achieve advice, if it cosmetics answer or not, whether you envision it's an institution so chase it in ICO, and furthermore memo the band and the amount supplay coin
Sinderela

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:30:37 AM

we will be very difficult to know the project is scam or profesional.karena seen from the beginning of the project all the projects look the same no one is different, so this is very difficult we solve
wabashky

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:46:57 AM

I think if the ICO project admin team don't use real profiles in twitter and LinkedIn then the project may be a scam its better to avoid such ICOs and more over the admin team should be active in all social media platforms
morantis2015

Activity: 30
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:49:06 AM

Ultimately they can all start off as a legitimate business and turn into a scam.  The business owners/ICO partners often have good intentions and then when they are not getting the returns that they wanted, or can't cover the investment they made, those will a lot on the line or not great moral codes can bail with the peoples money.
katawan4741
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:55:22 AM

You can't really identify if the project is a scam or not from the start of its campaign. They will make promises that the project is going to be something, hyped everything, provided promising WP that most of the contents are to good to be. You will only notice it as the ICO goes along and the Main team starting to dimish one by one.
Aggioni

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

I think one of the best ways is to know more about this project's team. If they have big experience and worked in serious companies, then there are no reasons to worry. If their team doesn't look too impressive, then it's better to be careful with this project.
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 04:36:24 PM

I think one of the best ways is to know more about this project's team. If they have big experience and worked in serious companies, then there are no reasons to worry. If their team doesn't look too impressive, then it's better to be careful with this project.
At least learning the team is the main goal that the future participant of their project should pursue. Due to technical information, you can very little about the real goals of developers.
flavio.rib

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:22:09 PM

do you ever follow the work bounty signature program, social media campaign but ended a scam? then how can we know the project ended a scam or a professional? Give me more tips
thank you
Nope, i never had that.
Other people will tell you to read all of their WP, team, and their project, is it good or too good to be true. But it doesn't guarantee you will be not scammed by them (many scam project even managed by some reputable member on here back then).

I only can say, it's based on your luck. There is always a risk to join in any campaign (including getting scammed)

For sure is based on luck, until now No luck for me =(
baeva2

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:25:37 PM

I don't think you know exactly what the project is. Even one that seems reliable can turn out to be fraudulent. As lucky.
hastang

Activity: 149
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:33:28 AM

we won't know unless we get there.. we can participate and have less chance of being scam by reading their whitepaper and others document they presented. knowing the project better and understanding their idea.
Tak bersalah

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:08:16 AM

I think you can try looking at his website, use hypestats to view daily and monthly visitor data on his website, Also read the whitepaper of the project
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 05:06:21 PM

I've only encountered some ico's that turned out to be a scam. It seemed very weird that they had collected over 50 millions $ in presale. looked sketchy. Well, I did not participated in ico. thank God!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: