Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:54:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just bought GHash's from CEX is that a good idea?  (Read 2455 times)
CaptainGoodVibes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:00:26 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 09:21:02 PM by tysat

Well at the current price, no. If it was cheaper then it might be worth your money.

It was.  Just about a week ago the high price was only 0.04 BTC, if you had bought it then, you wouldv'e made quite a lot of dollars.
its an Exchange for GHash as well so the Ghash you mine with , you sell back . CEX.io are pumping out the blocks there is no way I can get a 4-5 Ghash mining rig set up and going straight away. I'm thinking I'll get a BTC or 2 over the next month or 3 (: Then the mining difficulty gets to hard unless you got 100's Ghash For a noob like me I'ts a good way to still mine a few BTC

https://cex.io/

MOD NOTE:
Referral link removed
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:06:32 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 09:21:14 PM by tysat

Well at the current price, no. If it was cheaper then it might be worth your money.

It was.  Just about a week ago the high price was only 0.04 BTC, if you had bought it then, you wouldv'e made quite a lot of dollars.
its an Exchange for GHash as well so the Ghash you mine with , you sell back . CEX.io are pumping out the blocks there is no way I can get a 4-5 Ghash mining rig set up and going straight away. I'm thinking I'll get a BTC or 2 over the next month or 3 (: Then the mining difficulty gets to hard unless you got 100's Ghash For a noob like me I'ts a good way to still mine a few BTC

Don't think your referral link would suffice to gain some money out of it.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:08:05 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 09:21:28 PM by tysat

Buy a ASIC blade for 1.1 BTC, 2-3 days for shipping and have .11/Gh. Plus it's not part of a monster centralized bitcoin pool...

Overclock it to 14-16Ghash too, if you can solder.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
madman4bit

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:13:49 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 09:21:44 PM by tysat

Buy a ASIC blade for 1.1 BTC, 2-3 days for shipping and have .11/Gh. Plus it's not part of a monster centralized bitcoin pool...

Overclock it to 14-16Ghash too, if you can solder.

Got a link to these and overclock instructions?
pontiacg5

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:13:50 PM

No link to the blades, search will find you some, maybe for even less...

Here's the overclock "instructions." The new blades only have one clock chip, so you have to swap it as well as some current set resistors to increase the voltage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310752.0

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
madman4bit

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:24:23 PM

No link to the blades, search will find you some, maybe for even less...

Here's the overclock "instructions." The new blades only have one clock chip, so you have to swap it as well as some current set resistors to increase the voltage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310752.0

Thanks!.. I found some blades on Amazon.. will check out the overclock instructions..
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 12:37:01 AM

Buying on Cex.io is better than buying hardware in many ways.  No heat, No huge electicric bills, and a liquid market to buy/sell more GH/s.

It's certainly a better deal than any ASIC offering at the moment once you consider the hosting expenses.  Plus you get access to what is currently the best pool, ghash.io.

And by all means use the link in my sig.
BitcoinHeroes

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:46:33 AM

Not worth it unless the price is lower and can ROI....
nynexx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:22:43 AM

Again, it's an exchange. It's super fluid, and the price definitely varies. I've seen it as low as 0.040 and as high as 0.125 BTC per Gh/S. Hell, I've dumped all my Gh/S into BTC twice and have in no way lost money on the investment. Oh, and ROI? I have every 0.0001 BTC back + mining profits + trading profits. Yeah, lost a lot of money on that one Huh

So long story short: Buy in and sit on CEX shares? Probably a loss. Trade, like a good member of a commodity exchange should? You'll head out on top. If you're smart.  Wink

Cheers, fellows.
CaptainGoodVibes (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:56:42 AM

Again, it's an exchange. It's super fluid, and the price definitely varies. I've seen it as low as 0.040 and as high as 0.125 BTC per Gh/S. Hell, I've dumped all my Gh/S into BTC twice and have in no way lost money on the investment. Oh, and ROI? I have every 0.0001 BTC back + mining profits + trading profits. Yeah, lost a lot of money on that one Huh

So long story short: Buy in and sit on CEX shares? Probably a loss. Trade, like a good member of a commodity exchange should? You'll head out on top. If you're smart.  Wink

Cheers, fellows.
I agree nynexx , for the short term its hard to see how you can lose. Cheers mate BTC
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:03:01 AM

What you have to do is play the market with your GHs.  Buy low and sell high just like a stock.  There's usually a mass sell of a couple days before a diff increase so you can sell at whatever it is then pick up more hashing power after the diff increase and keep up somewhat with the increase.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
CaptainGoodVibes (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:47:14 AM

What you have to do is play the market with your GHs.  Buy low and sell high just like a stock.  There's usually a mass sell of a couple days before a diff increase so you can sell at whatever it is then pick up more hashing power after the diff increase and keep up somewhat with the increase.
Any which way BTC are a fantastic investment. Good luck to all in the quest of BTC
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:28:12 AM

no you're not..but good luck anyway
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:00:59 PM

People don't get what's a GH/S at CEX.IO : it is something that loose 50 % of its value every 15 days and go down to negative as the fees and electricity are higher than the gain from mining. It is only because most of you don't get it that it stay overpriced.

Wake up people, 1 GH/S produce nothing, we entered the area of TH/S.
Compton

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:00:14 PM

I haven't settled on whether it is a good or bad idea.  What I'm certain about is that these forums are littered with CEX referral spam.
pontiacg5

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

I haven't settled on whether it is a good or bad idea.  What I'm certain about is that these forums are littered with CEX referral spam.

And signature spam, and altcoin spam, and obvious scam spam, plus a lot more I don't care to try and list.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:03:35 PM

these forums are littered with CEX referral spam.

You are smart and foresighted sir.
nynexx

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:55:50 AM

People don't get what's a GH/S at CEX.IO : it is something that loose 50 % of its value every 15 days
As opposed to a $2.5k USD machine that never sees ROI and will have a HORRID resale value come, say, February?

"At least with CEX I can pull out."
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 06:51:34 AM

People don't get what's a GH/S at CEX.IO : it is something that loose 50 % of its value every 15 days
As opposed to a $2.5k USD machine that never sees ROI and will have a HORRID resale value come, say, February?

1 GH/s at cex.io will also never see a positive ROI and will have a HORRID resale value in February, probably somewhere around 0.005 BTC, if you are lucky.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
GroupHashing

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:09:51 AM

Hmm, good luck making back your investment. But worth a small investment for the 'fun' of it I think.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: