Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:30:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenEx: Progress Report - 95% launching this week  (Read 9531 times)
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:43:34 PM

Stablecoin may in fact find a home on the exchange, since we are having problems with Gridcoin and there are varying reports on whether the coin actually works as intended or not.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep our fingers crossed and await the verdict!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:07:03 PM

that sounds great r3wt, but what about forged ip address in http headers? great question.
functiong getIP()--this makes it difficult to cloak or forge the ip address.
Code:
<?php
function getIP()
{
    foreach (array(

'HTTP_CLIENT_IP',

'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR',

'HTTP_X_FORWARDED',

'HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP',

'HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR',

'HTTP_FORWARDED',

'REMOTE_ADDR'

) as $key) {
        if (
array_key_exists($key$_SERVER) === true) {
            foreach (
array_map('trim'explode(','$_SERVER[$key])) as $ip) {
                if (
filter_var($ipFILTER_VALIDATE_IPFILTER_FLAG_NO_PRIV_RANGE FILTER_FLAG_NO_RES_RANGE) !== false) {
                    return 
$ip;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
?>

Works IF a user does not use a Proxy that does not send HTTP_X_FORWARD Headers or a VPN.

I could not post this here at the time (newbie)but please read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=374922.0

You're really splitting hairs picking at that bit of code. I agree however that not using transactions is shocking. How did OP get so far into the project and not know what transactions are?
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:10:54 PM

The code posted so far here scares me. Why are you not using mysql prepared statements? You're just asking to be injection attacked.
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:25:04 PM

The code posted so far here scares me. Why are you not using mysql prepared statements? You're just asking to be injection attacked.

i don't know how to use them. i tried, but it makes getting results harder. i have < 6 months experience. maybe one of you really smart guys would like to join the staff in a paid position as dev # 3? if not, maybe you would like to be paid nicely to convert all our queries to PDO? I'm willing to accept that i don't know everything there is to know, and that one of you take our work and make it alot better. any takers?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
zavtra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 09:27:32 PM

Stablecoin may in fact find a home on the exchange, since we are having problems with Gridcoin and there are varying reports on whether the coin actually works as intended or not.

That's good. I would really like to see SBC listed on this exchange as well. It seems like it has a lot of potential (of course I'm a little biased towards it, but I picked it for a reason), and your exchange looks like it has a lot of potential as well.

I'll be following on twitter for updates.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
callawey

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:30:48 PM

the code scares me too, i just took a look and a lot of database queries are outside of transaction, actualy there is no transaction at all the system. In such system every single item must be inside a transaction, with this system, i can assure you, in a single lag that your server faces or on a little overload, all the balances on the system will be get crazy.

I suggest you to take the progress to %60 and re-do all your db functioalities, otherwise a big horror movie awaits you.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:32:06 PM

That's good. I would really like to see SBC listed on this exchange as well. It seems like it has a lot of potential (of course I'm a little biased towards it, but I picked it for a reason), and your exchange looks like it has a lot of potential as well.

well launch of the site is now postponed in the light of recent posts highlighting some security issues and lack of database transactions, and not using PDO. two things i have no experience with. i wanna do this right so for the time being we are putting launch on stand by while we search for a third dev with the security expertise necessary to complete our dev team. I've spoken with justin and we are willing to admit that we need someone with more experience to shephard us in completing the project.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:33:43 PM

If you guys add Stablecoin, consider me hooked.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
PGomer

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:38:42 PM

well launch of the site is now postponed in the light of recent posts highlighting some security issues and lack of database transactions, and not using PDO. two things i have no experience with. i wanna do this right so for the time being we are putting launch on stand by while we search for a third dev with the security expertise necessary to complete our dev team. I've spoken with justin and we are willing to admit that we need someone with more experience to shephard us in completing the project.

I love your approach and attitude. Keep learning and press on!
zavtra

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 10:08:43 PM

Well I am glad that you are considering SBC, but it is great to see you make sure everything is working properly, rather than doing an incomplete launch and then just barely trekking along like Cryptsy has been doing.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:28:10 PM

I suggest you to take the progress to %60 and re-do all your db functioalities, otherwise a big horror movie awaits you.

Ditto
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

Ditto

Are you always such a jerk? It's one thing to offer helpful advice, but to make vague negative statements is far from constructive.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:48:11 PM

the code scares me too, i just took a look and a lot of database queries are outside of transaction, actualy there is no transaction at all the system. In such system every single item must be inside a transaction, with this system, i can assure you, in a single lag that your server faces or on a little overload, all the balances on the system will be get crazy.

I would like you to explain this comment to me, particularly since you seem to be suggesting something that doesn't make much sense at all. After researching what has been stated in this thread, all of our queries are blocking operations, so a transaction record queue isn't necessary, but it is useful in case of unforseen error. taking this into consideration, this does not mean we have to restructure all our queries. i can just add a function that encapses the query in a try catch loop. try the query, or catch the exception and rollback. very simple. as far as pdo, yes we will have to convert to prepared statements, but as far as functionality goes, it makes no difference since mysql functions are removed but not deprecated. i'm going to ponder this for a bit, and do some more reading and investigating. i may go get a redbull and a pack of cigarettes and spend the night rewriting our queries. as far as a transaction queue goes though, its a good idea but i am not capable of implementing this alone. i will have to seek a proffessional dba.

monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:15:02 AM

Are you always such a jerk? It's one thing to offer helpful advice, but to make vague negative statements is far from constructive.

Here is some helpful advice: you do not have the necessary knowledge to perform the task you are undertaking. Transactions are absolutely essential in a system like this, to be without them is to be asking questions like this on stack overflow -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15026825/php-mysql-how-to-prevent-two-requests-update

Please stop what you are doing. Do some research. Implement some unit tests on your current code to show why it will break, then move to transactions on the same test, confirm the fix and move on.

Cheers, Paul.
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 09:35:33 AM

A while back I stepped up to take care of another abandoned exchange project. I became aware of this project, and considered using it since it was 85% done.

Anyway, private beta testing for the Scifi Coin exchange starts tonight. If you want to participate, please register to scificointalk.com and follow instruction http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,12.15.html

Bounty available.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
callawey

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:45:07 AM

I would like you to explain this comment to me, particularly since you seem to be suggesting something that doesn't make much sense at all. After researching what has been stated in this thread, all of our queries are blocking operations, so a transaction record queue isn't necessary, but it is useful in case of unforseen error. taking this into consideration, this does not mean we have to restructure all our queries. i can just add a function that encapses the query in a try catch loop. try the query, or catch the exception and rollback. very simple. as far as pdo, yes we will have to convert to prepared statements, but as far as functionality goes, it makes no difference since mysql functions are removed but not deprecated. i'm going to ponder this for a bit, and do some more reading and investigating. i may go get a redbull and a pack of cigarettes and spend the night rewriting our queries. as far as a transaction queue goes though, its a good idea but i am not capable of implementing this alone. i will have to seek a proffessional dba.

Let me give you a little example for what i mean:

Code:
                $PricePer = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET["price2"]);
                $Amount = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET["Amount2"]);
                $X = $PricePer * $Amount;
                $Total = file_get_contents("http://openex.pw/system/calculatefees.php?P=" . $X);
                $Fees = file_get_contents("http://openex.pw/system/calculatefees2.php?P=" . $X);
                $user_id = $loggedInUser->user_id;
                if(TakeMoney($Total,$user_id,$Currency_1) == true)
                {
                        AddMoney($Fees,101,$Currency_1);
                        mysql_query("INSERT INTO trades (`To`,`From`,`Amount`,`Value`,`User_ID`,`Type`,`Fee`,`Total`)VALUES ('$name','$Currency_1a','$Amount','$PricePer','$user_id','$name','$Fees','$Total');");
                }
                else
                {
                        echo "<p class='notify-red' id='notify'>You cannot afford that!</p>";
                }

So, on below code, you have a method AddMoney, which updates a table on mysql, and below it you have an insert query. In that code, there is no guarantity that the insert will work after the update script. Update script can work, but insert may not, so this will cause you a balance issue, as you will deduct the amount from the user but there will be no trade operation. This both queries must be inside one transaction, so one fails, all rollbacks automaticaly, if all succed everything goes fine.

As monsterer stated, you can find a lot of information on this by google'ing or from stackoverflow but without this it will be just a horror movie. You have to change your statements and i can say that by the view of the code, yes you have to change a lot of part on the project

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:25:28 PM

Let me give you a little example for what i mean:

Code:
                $PricePer = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET["price2"]);
                $Amount = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET["Amount2"]);
                $X = $PricePer * $Amount;
                $Total = file_get_contents("http://openex.pw/system/calculatefees.php?P=" . $X);
                $Fees = file_get_contents("http://openex.pw/system/calculatefees2.php?P=" . $X);
                $user_id = $loggedInUser->user_id;
                if(TakeMoney($Total,$user_id,$Currency_1) == true)
                {
                        AddMoney($Fees,101,$Currency_1);
                        mysql_query("INSERT INTO trades (`To`,`From`,`Amount`,`Value`,`User_ID`,`Type`,`Fee`,`Total`)VALUES ('$name','$Currency_1a','$Amount','$PricePer','$user_id','$name','$Fees','$Total');");
                }
                else
                {
                        echo "<p class='notify-red' id='notify'>You cannot afford that!</p>";
                }

So, on below code, you have a method AddMoney, which updates a table on mysql, and below it you have an insert query. In that code, there is no guarantity that the insert will work after the update script. Update script can work, but insert may not, so this will cause you a balance issue, as you will deduct the amount from the user but there will be no trade operation. This both queries must be inside one transaction, so one fails, all rollbacks automaticaly, if all succed everything goes fine.

As monsterer stated, you can find a lot of information on this by google'ing or from stackoverflow but without this it will be just a horror movie. You have to change your statements and i can say that by the view of the code, yes you have to change a lot of part on the project
Well, we clearly have different definitions of what constitutes being "alot" but thanks for the heads up. now i see exactly what is going wrong and why submitting an order for a negative amount results in that amount being placed into an account. alot of the trading needs to be reworked, but in comparison with the rest of the codebase, that is not much.

Here is some helpful advice: you do not have the necessary knowledge to perform the task you are undertaking. Transactions are absolutely essential in a system like this, to be without them is to be asking questions like this on stack overflow -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15026825/php-mysql-how-to-prevent-two-requests-update

Please stop what you are doing. Do some research. Implement some unit tests on your current code to show why it will break, then move to transactions on the same test, confirm the fix and move on.

Cheers, Paul.

A little less condescending this time, but still a condescending douchebag. why even bother? You have no idea what knowledge, although i did not know about transactions. Instead we were trying to use a trade history table so we could manually "rollback" in case of error. i think the transaction system is probably the way to go, as both you and calleway said, although you really have yet to say anything helpful, other than being disrespectful. i read what you posted from stack overflow, but you know what? these guys there are the same way as you. they alll talk shit, but never provide any useful knowledge, or a real world example. luckily enough, i was able to find a book on it on kindle and holy crap, never knew this was such a complex subject. i'll be reading and studying up on how we can tackle this. btw, justin did some work on it again last night, moving towards oop again. to practice/learn prepared statements, i began working on building configuration functions, a switch from the variable based system to a system where a 1 or a 0 is stored in the db for each setting. I think realistically, in 1 or 2 weeks we could be done. we'll see how it goes.

BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:10:46 PM

keep up the good work regardless of the % its all progress to the end result Cool

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
Sejnt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:26:34 PM

Code:
if($_SESSION["Login_Attempts"] > 4)

I didn't see the whole code but this, you know it won't secure anything? A script can remove session cookie easily.
gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:34:58 PM

I don't want to seem negative, but you really should not use mysql anymore. (It will be deprecated in PHP5.5) Use mysqli or PDO instead.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████