Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenEx: Progress Report - 95% launching this week  (Read 9531 times)
antithetical

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:21:52 AM

Hey dudes,

What happens with you progress 85%,

See comment #97 - 91%

See before 87%

Is it joke? Could you point true date of beta release?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc1210

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:31:57 AM

Interesting project, thanks for doing this all public.

I know it can get stressful when faceless users make less than constructive comments, but keep it up.

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:42:28 AM

Looks like it could be promising, and I appreciate that you're taking your time to make sure you have a stable, secure and reliable system before releasing it. Seems like there's a few here bashing on the fact that it's not out yet, but it's nice for once to see someone that is not rushing to make a few bucks and actually trying to release a solid product. Look forward to seeing it in production.  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:57:24 AM

Got a chance to work on the site again tonight.

-Investigate the Session Logins incremental counter exploit suggested in this thread. the poster was wrong, sessions are stored on the server. only exploits are session hijacking and session fixation, neither of which are a problem in our application(session hijacking is possible, but difficult.) despite it, i identified a vulnerability in the process, of which i patched. each increment over 4 of Session 'LoginAttemps' results in an access violations. as you already know, 10 access violation results in an automatic ip ban. i'm thinking up setting an ip tracker global on the site, so that ip bans can be carried over to any account registered/logged in from that ip address. not particularly high on the priority list, but its there and its a good idea.

-Moved all configurable options to a database table, built functions to check each enabled option, as well as 1 function to disable the option, and one function to enable it.

-Fixed moderators page. mods and admins can now ban and unban posters at will. when a poster is banned or unbanned, a message immediately appears in the chat notifying of the ban or unban "system: <username> was banned from chat."

-Patched glitch that allowed Banned users to continue posting in the chat until they refreshed the page.

-Found new bug, chat messages aren't being reloaded on an interval, they are only reloaded on page refresh or form submit. seeking a jquery guru to tell me where my error is, i can't see why the setinterval timeout isn't working correctly and independantly of the reload in the callback function of the submit field.

-Pruned unnecessary files, and dispatched all procedural code from index.php into a function to clean up the index a bit.

Still a ways to go guys, sorry i'm pretty much alone here in development at the moment, working at my own pace and doing as much as i can, and revising the code as i deem necessary. i'll call it some progress. Tomorrow i will be working on the site and catching up on some much needed house chores. My mom has agreed to watch my daughter for me tomorrow so i can work. should be able to get quite a few things done tomorrow.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:01:48 PM

A little less condescending this time, but still a condescending douchebag. why even bother? You have no idea what knowledge, although i did not know about transactions.

Maybe he's condescending, but you are making absolute rook mistakes. Don't take criticism so personally. It's ok if you are not a programming super wizard, but expect better programmers to be very critical of obvious flaws. Everyone's time gets wasted otherwise. Transactions are one of the basic database primitives for maintaining database integrity, it is something you should understand. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to take yourself seriously and do your research, as has been suggested.

Good luck.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:02:13 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 11:27:25 PM by r3wt

It's time again for another update.

here she is  Shocked

http://dev3.openex.pw

github

https://github.com/r3wt/openex

Trade Engine fixed, now with DB transactions and trade history tables.

modern database driven configuration engine

improved moderator and administrator features

option to block tor access

option to redirect mobile users

option disable:
-logins
-registrations
-deposits
-withdrawals
-markets
-debug navigation
-maintenance

option to force ssl.

new gui.

improved access violations system.

patched server level vulnerability.

optimized code for speed. site performance is legendary.

ajax updates on trade page.

fixed bug in chat.

high security json calls.

deposits/withdrawals fully functional

todo:

api

account history

transaction history

audit system

bot detection

csrf protection, investigate the need for and if necessary, implement a formkey system to protect against forged requests.

patch session time out bug, logged out users are still able to send messages while logged in.

implement rpcssl

withdrawal authorization queue

system maintenance daemon.

wallet maintenance schedule.

i'll push the changes to git tomorrow from my *nix machine.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:27:47 PM

github updated.

https://github.com/r3wt/openex

Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:38:59 AM

Could you please add GME?
http://game-coin.org/
http://www.gamecoinforum.com/
Thank you
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

any launch date ?
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:08:03 AM

any launch date ?

to be honest, we could launch today if we wanted to. atm we're debugging some peculiar jsonRPC errors. every so often, an RPCcall fails for no apparent reason. on top of that our error log is filled with exceptions thrown by withdraw function, and to date we haven't recorded a succesful withdrawal. until we get these two mentioned issues lined out, it will not be able to be launched.

once thats in place i think we would be good for launch. maybe a good once over of the code and seeing some small optimizations. Thanks to an anonymous tip, i patched a File inclusion vulnerability.

I think one more, bare minimum thing needing to be addressed prior to launch is csrf keys for all forms. other than that and whats been mentioned, we're ready to roll.

slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:22:26 AM

I have 1000$ invested in you and i am NOT rich Smiley

I was poker affiliator for 5 years, so maybe could I help for PR and affiliation program.

btw do you have any plan for that ?

It's my first day officially unemployed, i'm dedicating myself to crypto; maybe could I join.

Could you contact me ? PM; we can talk on skype or anything if needed. cheers  Grin
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:24:54 PM

See OP. we will be launching later this week. github updates will now be delayed 2 weeks.

current git version: 0.3

current dev version: 0.3.4

anticipated production version: 0.3.8 -0.4.1

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:56:54 PM

4.access_denied.php
priority: high
-add mysql to gather information about the user(ive documented it for you nicely so this should be a 5 minute job tops).
-add logic to increment number of times a user has seen this page.
-add table `access violations` row(s) `username` `ip` `count` <-number of violations.
**template access_denied.php
**when you finish this, i will build a page for us to track this table and add it to the admin pages.

Way to annoy users behind proxies.

I can confirm that "**template access_denied.php" is working and looks good, though that's all I can see.

Not your keys, not your coins!
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:11:06 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 06:43:22 PM by hamiltino

Please add gridcoin to this exchange.

http://www.gridcoin.us/

stacking coin
Satyre_Noir

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:31:02 PM

How do you integrate altcoin wallets with exchange software, do you code API for each altcoin wallet or there is some other way to go around?
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:46:00 PM

Hi r3wt!

Please, look at Pandacoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399127.0
It's the first cryptocoin with block reward decreasing everyday + Kimoto Gravity Well diff algo.
If it's intresting - please add it on your wonderful exchange.
kjaiswal

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:02:18 AM

How are the balances updated I sent a few BTCs to my wallet address and next time I see my BTC deposit address changed with no coin funded to my wallet. Does bitcoind update the balances table in openex when it receives coins?
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:52:42 PM

How are the balances updated I sent a few BTCs to my wallet address and next time I see my BTC deposit address changed with no coin funded to my wallet. Does bitcoind update the balances table in openex when it receives coins?

did the coins ever show up?

kjaiswal

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:37:28 AM

Coins show up in the coins stats link but are not credited to individual account i.e. it doesnt update the balances table.
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:01:19 PM

What's the status on this now?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: