Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi! I run a exchange in the US, I need posts, so ask me questions if you want?  (Read 1198 times)
cashintocoins_will (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:49:23 PM

Hey!

I run https://cashintocoins.com.   I'd love to get out of the newbie section, so I am making trying to get 5 posts.

If you see me around, say hi, or feel free to ask any questions about running an exchange site in the US, regulation, banking, or bitcoins  in general.

nice to meet you all,
Will
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:53:56 PM

How will you deal with the FBI breaking down your door? Is it a 60cm titanium door only opened by a passphrase (swordfish)? Are there tripwires and claymore mines around the compound? AA guns versus the inevitable copter based attack?
cashintocoins_will (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:12:40 PM

How will you deal with the FBI breaking down your door? Is it a 60cm titanium door only opened by a passphrase (swordfish)? Are there tripwires and claymore mines around the compound? AA guns versus the inevitable copter based attack?

This is a great question.   I actually reside in an underground bunker and a m1-abrahams tank is parked on the only door into the facility.  I have multiple safety measures to open the door, including a 100 BTC payment to one of my addresses before you can even access the first of 6 biometric scanners.  yes, 6.  

Seriously, 6.

greyhawk

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:16:43 PM

This is a great question.   I actually reside in an underground bunker and a m1-abrahams tank is parked on the only door into the facility.  I have multiple safety measures to open the door, including a 100 BTC payment to one of my addresses before you can even access the first of 6 biometric scanners.  yes, 6.  

Seriously, 6.

That sounds reasonable enough. Though I would advice adding guard dogs. They're great companions too.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:18:12 PM

Any thoughts on a referral program?
cashintocoins_will (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:19:33 PM

That sounds reasonable enough. Though I would advice adding guard dogs. They're great companions too.

I may consider the dogs,  I hired 100 duck-sized horses but they don't really do much.
cashintocoins_will (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:20:04 PM

Any thoughts on a referral program?

I have a beta version up right now.  interested?  send me an email will [] cashintocoins.com

Will
madman4bit

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:47:18 PM

Hey!

I run https://cashintocoins.com.   I'd love to get out of the newbie section, so I am making trying to get 5 posts.

If you see me around, say hi, or feel free to ask any questions about running an exchange site in the US, regulation, banking, or bitcoins  in general.

nice to meet you all,
Will

Hope you have a couple Million laying around to get the needed state licensing to do that..
7cZ0

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:59:40 PM

You appear to have broken your link at the bottom of this page:
https://cashintocoins.com/pages/faq.php
View source on that page and look for fincen.gov:  you'll notice a lot of . . . problems.
cashintocoins_will (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:33:55 PM

Hope you have a couple Million laying around to get the needed state licensing to do that..

Lucky me!
lysolcargo

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:01:09 AM

What banks do you support? It doesn't state in the FAQ it seems.
Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:44:11 AM

Hey!

nice to meet you all,
Will

Indeed, you only need to make 1 post + wait 4 hours to escape this newbie zone Tongue

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:02:15 AM

Welcome! Quick question. What are the laws in creating a online dice betting site in the us?

greyhawk

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:08:34 AM

Welcome! Quick question. What are the laws in creating a online dice betting site in the us?

This one's simple. You create the online dice betting site in the us, then you go to jail.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:10:52 PM

This one's simple. You create the online dice betting site in the us, then you go to jail.

Looks like I will be moving to the Netherlands now... Or at least I wish I could...

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:56:21 PM

Looks like I will be moving to the Netherlands now... Or at least I wish I could...
Some exchange in the Netherlands just got closed and everything seized..  Cheesy

Damn. Is there any country where it is legal?

hm3

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:16:32 PM

cashintocoins_will (Will),
I purchased btc from cashintocoins.com on friday and still have not received the bitcoin.  You did respond to me that you received the deposit receipt on friday but never got back to me after that.  Is there some sort of delay?  Please let me know. 
btc_shell

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:51:36 PM

first post-..

It seems to me the governments of 1st world countries will all attack bitcoin and shut it down so to speak.  Exchanges will become illegal/effectively illegal/too difficult and regulated to operate.  If they can't control it- they'll shut it down.  Too dangerous for them to allow power to transfer unchecked like bitcoin does.  Power has to be controlled by those in power, so they can stay in power.

Bitcoin could threat that- and hence...

BTC is dead already.  like the tulip bubble of Holland-  those who get out in time may make a little money off of it. 

You can be a paper billionaire with bitcoin.   It means nothing.  I may own millions in Monopoly bucks, which is what BTC is, but it's worth nothing unless someone buys those MBucks from me.    Hmmm, how much money does your out-exchange actually have in reserves?  um... well.. maybe 40k?  Where does the withdrawal money come from?  New suckers, latecomers to the party buying in.  Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.  A fun one- but a ponzi scheme no less.

In order to "get your money out" someone needs to put money in Smiley  It's great for awhile!

Millions in bitcoin mean nothing when people someday stop buying it.

sorry to burst your bubbles.   Just enjoy it for a little while-
hashturbator

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:10:44 PM

first post-..

government takedown. tulip bubble. ponzi scheme.

You've nailed the naysayer's top 3 favorite talking points in your first post! Next time, remember the money laundering and exclusivity to child pron, guns and drugs in the same post and you just might be able to convert me back into fiat.

Back to topic. Welcome and congrats on the exchange, Will. Hope you're up to the task. Your thoughts on compliance and licensing for US operation?
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:41:51 PM

Some exchange in the Netherlands just got closed and everything seized..  Cheesy

Damn. Is there any country where it is legal?

Online gambling is legal in the UK but most online betting sites locate to the Antigua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua

probably lower tax and the weather is nicer, but probably not advisable not fly into the US ever again if you let Americans use you site!

"When the scheme finally collapsed, Full Tilt Poker was unable to pay players the approximately $350 million it owed them."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/03/raymond-bitar-full-tilt-poker-arrested_n_1646626.html

lol sounds like a lot of Bitcoin exchanges around here  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: