Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:30:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I had to fill in 9 captha's for entering forum.  (Read 207 times)
crypto21002 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:40:48 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2018, 08:35:26 AM by crypto21002

no no messagesno no messagesno no messages

sad moderators here...censorship overall!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soroskatona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:15:48 AM

9 Capthas? That sounds like a lot!
By the way, if you enter a Captha incorrectly, it will give you another one. Maybe if they wanted you to make 3 capthcas - which is still a lot - but it is possible that you made mistakes filling the capthas out.
Other than that, 9 is really too much, no wonder you are upset about it, I would be too. Undecided
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:29:58 PM

On my reserve laptop captchas are not accepted when logging in to any secure site. Same with password, it always states wrong password on any secure site I try to access.
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:30:28 PM

This might be a browser cache issue (or not, this is just one of the possibilities). I've had this problem before with other websites that require captcha. Curiously, some sites will never let me log in with Firefox, but always work with Chrome. Try accessing the forum in a different browser and see whether it improves for you.

On a side note, I think this thread belongs in Meta.
hypev2

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:28:45 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Bitcointalk uses Google reCaptcha system, there are many variables considered in this captcha algorithm. Usually, for me, it does not ask any captcha when I press the checkbox it automatically gives me the green checked mark. This is mainly due to cookies and browser cache. reCaptcha is a powerful AI which understands all the patterns which a script (bot) typically uses and how a normal human being typically clicks, based on that it will make to easier or more difficult to verify.

So, if you are getting 9 captchas, either you are doing it wrong as suggest above or it can be that you have recently cleared your browser cookies/cache, you are not using your regular computer, there are bot activity (or malware) on the computer you are using or you are using a VPN or Incognito mode. There are many factors that can cause this behaviour. But if you are using your normal day-to-day computer, you might want to make sure it is virus free and no bot activity is happening in your PC.

CryptoMaze ~ cryptomaze.io ~
Trusted ICO Marketing and Bounty Management Firm. (https://cryptomaze.io)
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:48:19 PM

Sorry to say I though this is serious discussion but why this topic is in this board that suppose to be it can be on beginners and help section.?

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
RedUnicorn

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:40:23 PM

Security like this is made on porpuse i guess, why not leave it permantly logged in?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:18:15 PM

Security like this is made on porpuse i guess, why not leave it permantly logged in?

@OP, if you're using tor/a vpn, you can root your regular browser as a vpn (providing you leave the tor browser open in the background and can connect via that so it remembers your login).

I had to fill in 9 captha's! before entering this forum, it's very annoying and i think 1 captha should be enough.

I got up to 20 before giving up before. Recaptcha is horrible. I was sat bored in a meeting and randomely clicked squares and got in faster than if I were selecting the actual ones.

The "I'm not a robot" should be "click my random squares and see if you get in".

Thanks for the reply and tips Hypev2 Smiley, i indeed use a VPN and also clear my cookies/cache so i am gonna check that out.

My suggestion, Login without a vpn and turn the vpn back on once the cookie is saved to remember your login.
In most forums, the IP at the time of posting is taken and the registration IP is remembered (not the IP used for login uniless it is a "wake up" login I suppose).
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:23:13 PM

Nine lol, that's funny.  Cheesy

I have been traveling all week and logging in from strange cities. But I have not done more than three. Are you typing from a VPN hosted in the Islamic State? lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:48:58 PM

Whenever I clear out my browser's cookies/history/cache etc I end up having to do dozens of captchas. Then after I sign into my Google account I never see them again.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:16:53 AM

Bitcointalk uses Google reCaptcha system, there are many variables considered in this captcha algorithm. Usually, for me, it does not ask any captcha when I press the checkbox it automatically gives me the green checked mark. This is mainly due to cookies and browser cache. reCaptcha is a powerful AI which understands all the patterns which a script (bot) typically uses and how a normal human being typically clicks, based on that it will make to easier or more difficult to verify.

So, if you are getting 9 captchas, either you are doing it wrong as suggest above or it can be that you have recently cleared your browser cookies/cache, you are not using your regular computer, there are bot activity (or malware) on the computer you are using or you are using a VPN or Incognito mode. There are many factors that can cause this behaviour. But if you are using your normal day-to-day computer, you might want to make sure it is virus free and no bot activity is happening in your PC.

Thanks for the reply and tips Hypev2 Smiley, i indeed use a VPN and also clear my cookies/cache so i am gonna check that out.

Try using Tor instead. It might be that your just using a very popular VPN for accessing the forum and there's high traffic on it and google are limiting it. With Tor you'll run into captcha problems but you can get a new relay for the forum with 2 clicks and should find one sooner rather than later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: