Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:02:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Dogecoin = 1 Dogecoin?  (Read 132 times)
NoviceInvestor (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:09:18 AM

Can someone please explain '1 Dogecoin = 1 Dogecoin' to me.

I see this posted all over the place, but am not sure what they mean by that.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:03:39 AM

From a reddit post in r/dogecoin subreddit:

"With so many new shibes pouring in, I feel it's important to explain it quickly.

Dogecoin is one of the oldest cryptos out there. Due to its silly front, however, it attracted a different kind of community than bitcoin and the like over time. We focus on helping out where we can and keeping a positive attitude.

So when we say 1 Doge=1 Doge, it's an easy reminder that market prices may change, but what we accomplish as a community remains."

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/7pdnmv/the_meaning_of_1_doge1_doge/
NutellaboY

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:24:29 AM

Really I'm surprised the dev team of that coin is doing something, making statements and so on. That coin looks so hillarious that it won't surprise me if the tea would give up with supporting.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:36:52 AM

Doge is a coins that has long been abandoned by the developer. Although it gained popularity and virtually everyone in the crypto space knows about this coin called doge.
The person or people posting "1 Dogecoin = 1 Dogecoin," might be creating a sense of humour. Perhaps they are trying to say that Doge might get to a stage where it will not have a pair on exchange, except you exchange to Doge itself, which i feel is hilarious.
Inasmuch as people still trade the so called coin, it will remain, but the value might be so small.
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:42:20 AM

Dogecoin is already an abandoned token, so it has no value for any investment. When the bull market comes, Dogecoin may have a big increase, because Dogecoin has the value of hype.

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:44:56 AM

It simply means that whatever the value of your coin is in usd or btc it is still one coin, so if you believe in your coin and project, do not panic sell, just like 1 btc = 1 btc, the usd value may increase or decrease but actuall asset remains there.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:55:39 AM

Dogecoin is already an abandoned token, so it has no value for any investment. When the bull market comes, Dogecoin may have a big increase, because Dogecoin has the value of hype.

It's not abandoned, still useful for day trading and small quick transactions and one of the best coins for that purposes to tell you the truth
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:00:40 AM

It's not abandoned, still useful for day trading and small quick transactions and one of the best coins for that purposes to tell you the truth

A hint, If you want to transfer a coin in one exchange to other, it's generally cheaper and faster to convert them to doge and transfer it to desired exchange and convert it back to the coin than direct transfer.
NoviceInvestor (OP)

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:50:33 PM

From a reddit post in r/dogecoin subreddit:

"With so many new shibes pouring in, I feel it's important to explain it quickly.

Dogecoin is one of the oldest cryptos out there. Due to its silly front, however, it attracted a different kind of community than bitcoin and the like over time. We focus on helping out where we can and keeping a positive attitude.

So when we say 1 Doge=1 Doge, it's an easy reminder that market prices may change, but what we accomplish as a community remains."

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/7pdnmv/the_meaning_of_1_doge1_doge/

Thank you.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that Dogecoin has no real value. So, if the price is going up and down, then that says something about the market.

A hint, If you want to transfer a coin in one exchange to other, it's generally cheaper and faster to convert them to doge and transfer it to desired exchange and convert it back to the coin than direct transfer.

Edit: Ah, that makes sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: