Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:45:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Liberal Future of Bitcoin  (Read 1580 times)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Soon bitcoin will see a surge not as an investment, but as a gift and means of employment. But for this we will need to see a shift in attitude from the bitcoin community.

Currently it is a community of hoarders, snarky posters and troll champions...  With a sprinkle of good will scattered through the arguing and suggestions to "hold onto coins for dear life!".

What we need to see is a community of entrepreneurs. People that know how to SPEND bitcoins wisely, so that they can GET bitcoins back. As well as people willing to do things for the greater good of the market.

People watch Bitcoins like stocks, thinking that there are small pockets of people buying and selling. That is true, but that is not how you should look at it. You should look at bitcoin as a commodity that the world has yet to fully understand that will continue to surge and grow if you water it.

More bitcoins need to be spent on programs helping people understand bitcoin financing. More bitcoins need to be used creating charities. More Bitcoins need to be used paying people for work.

Sure you can say "This stuff already happens". My point is "It doesn't happen enough".
Bitcoin is a community of greed. People that want more for themselves. When it needs to be a community of people that want more for the coin.

If South Park episode made an episode about bitcoin, would Kyle and Stan be the Bitcoiners? Or would the Bitcoin supporter more likely fit a character like Cartman or the fat guy with the wrist brace on the WoW episode.

The future of bitcoin is Liberal policy. Gift, Give, Support and Build.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321086.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321070.0
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:41:04 PM

What will happen to altcoins?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1peyx7/holy_shit_this_changes_bitcoin/
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:21:41 AM

''Currently it is a community of hoarders, snarky posters and troll champions...''

Nice to meet you.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:23:46 AM

Troll champion, reporting for duty.

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:30:02 AM

''Currently it is a community of hoarders, snarky posters and troll champions...''

Nice to meet you.

It is. I have found about 5 recently bumped threads that were about anything that is ACTUALLY developmental.

And anyone that posts a thread about any kind of "change" gets beat down unless they have thousands of dollars to put into themselves from day 1.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:42:02 AM

Nice to meet you.

It is. I have found about 5 recently bumped threads that were about anything that is ACTUALLY developmental.

And anyone that posts a thread about any kind of "change" gets beat down unless they have thousands of dollars to put into themselves from day 1.

So you mean we need a cop like you to tell us how to behave then?
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:56:05 AM

No, we need more people that don't have shitty replies.
And more threads that promote good things instead of just random links about bitcoin being shared over and over.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:52:32 AM

Are you currently putting more bitcoin into programs to help people better understand Bitcoin financing?

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:59:04 AM

Are you currently putting more bitcoin into programs to help people better understand Bitcoin financing?

Yes, I am in the process of putting together a Bitcoin YouTube series that literally will be different than any other Bitcoin channel.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:06:03 AM

Oh, and BTW.

There are 5 shows that Bitcoin needs to be not just mentioned, but mentioned in a GOOD way on (like buying them is shown in a good light somehow).

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

And Bitcoin will win the internet. The WHOLE internet.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:03:34 AM

Oh, and BTW.

There are 5 shows that Bitcoin needs to be not just mentioned, but mentioned in a GOOD way on (like buying them is shown in a good light somehow).

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

And the whole internet is the English speaking internet  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
just_me

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:43:48 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 10:45:55 AM by just_me

gggggggggggggggggggggggg

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:15:15 PM

Oh, and BTW.

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

And the whole internet is the English speaking internet  Roll Eyes

If those shows make announcements, it won't matter what language they are in, it will get translated. That is my whole point.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:17:41 PM

Soon bitcoin will see a surge not as an investment, but as a gift and means of employment. But for this we will need to see a shift in attitude from the bitcoin community.

Currently it is a community of hoarders, snarky posters and troll champions...  With a sprinkle of good will scattered through the arguing and suggestions to "hold onto coins for dear life!".

What we need to see is a community of entrepreneurs. People that know how to SPEND bitcoins wisely, so that they can GET bitcoins back. As well as people willing to do things for the greater good of the market.

People watch Bitcoins like stocks, thinking that there are small pockets of people buying and selling. That is true, but that is not how you should look at it. You should look at bitcoin as a commodity that the world has yet to fully understand that will continue to surge and grow if you water it.

More bitcoins need to be spent on programs helping people understand bitcoin financing. More bitcoins need to be used creating charities. More Bitcoins need to be used paying people for work.

Sure you can say "This stuff already happens". My point is "It doesn't happen enough".
Bitcoin is a community of greed. People that want more for themselves. When it needs to be a community of people that want more for the coin.

If South Park episode made an episode about bitcoin, would Kyle and Stan be the Bitcoiners? Or would the Bitcoin supporter more likely fit a character like Cartman or the fat guy with the wrist brace on the WoW episode.

The future of bitcoin is Liberal policy. Gift, Give, Support and Build.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321070.0

I had wondered about people hoarding bitcoins, and thought it isn't all that
good for the bitcoin economy.

Hoarding, scrooging, miserliness, are not good for an economy that is supposedly booming,
as bitcoin has been doing.

I like the concept of people giving or gifting, and it is especially easier if/when you
are getting huge increases as some have been getting from bitcoins.
But if it is booming and you are all being hoarders and misers, then I cannot think of hardly anything that is more
a turnoff than that.(though I know there is other things)

Consider the poor man who comes to bitcoin, who cannot find the money in their real life,
to invest, so they ask for bitcoins/money to get started or help to finance?

I know they get judged.
If people do give anything to them, is it sufficient to enable them to get started at least somewhat?
or is it insufficient? Do people continually tell them that they can do this or that, knowing that
in fact those are dead end pathways? Or that those ways fail to pay enough, and even if they get a good percentage increase, by that time, the bitcoin boom is over, and they miss out, but maybe make a small amount when others got rich.

Or, do you expect them to have the fully justified plans, backed by the spotless financial credit
ratings; before you ever consider 'loaning' them anything at all(god forbid you even think of giving even a satoshi)

I will cut this short.

If bitcoin is booming, then spend accordingly, and share the wealth.

But I believe in what jesus said: 'Give to those who ask of you', so if someone asks something of you,
then give.(jesus tends towards reproaching the one who will not give, which is contrary or opposite to how people are in the world often)..

Rather than judge people who ask, why do you not look at yourself, and ask yourself why you will not give? Are you really as justified as you think?(if you think so, then perhaps you read a different holy bible than me)

Anyways, I like the idea of gifting or giving, and spend like its a boom.

People will be drawn to a boom, but shrink away from misers and scroogers and hoarders.

My two cents.

Nice post.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:21:48 PM

Oh, and BTW.

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

What About People in Somalia? Do they need to watch the Colbert Report for bitcoin to win the internet? So for bitcoin to be taken seriously everybody needs to get their favorite experiments pushed 24/7 on a channel called "Comedy Central"?

http://www.comedycentral.com/

I believe you won the whole internetS.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:24:06 PM

Oh, and BTW.

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

What About People in Somalia? Do they need to watch the Colbert Report for bitcoin to win the internet? So for bitcoin to be taken seriously everybody needs to get their favorite experiments pushed 24/7 on a channel called "Comedy Central"?

If something gets said on all those shows, it WILL be heard about everywhere over time. I know there are remote places with no internet, but if someone has the internet, then THAT is what will bring them to it.

I'm not saying those shows DIRECTLY win the internet, but the variety of viewership on those shows, mixed with their tech friendly-ness (especially the Tosh audience) WILL (no doubt in my mind) even win the internet in Somalia.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:44:27 PM

Oh, and BTW.

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

If something gets said on all those shows, it WILL be heard about everywhere over time. I know there are remote places with no internet, but if someone has the internet, then THAT is what will bring them to it.

I'm not saying those shows DIRECTLY win the internet, but the variety of viewership on those shows, mixed with their tech friendly-ness (especially the Tosh audience) WILL (no doubt in my mind) even win the internet in Somalia.

Based on those facts I would guess you are living in a big coastal city with high speed internet. You are young (35 max) and believed in "Yes We Can!". You have a Facebook account and like to tweet. You could not believe how stupid the last episode of LOST was. They left so many doors open.
If I am somewhat right the best way for you to really help bitcoin to be as big as you want is to target people who have zero idea about colbert report or what is the meaning of LOST. If you talk to someone about bitcoin and they laugh at your joke about the last Big Band theory episode or Seinfield's many variation of his Apple computer at his apartment over the year, he will still be in the same bubble as you.

Why not take a trip to an Indian reservation, going out of your comfort zone and preach bitcoin? Target the rural States, the farmers and others that go to bed early and wake up early.

Every seconds you spend replying on this thread is making you less productive into deploying your ideas to people who don't know anything about bitcoin yet.

Good luck!
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:05:36 PM

Oh, and BTW.

The Daily Show
Colbert
@Midnight
Tosh.0
South Park

Based on those facts I would guess you are living in a big coastal city with high speed internet. You are young (35 max) and believed in "Yes We Can!". You have a Facebook account and like to tweet. You could not believe how stupid the last episode of LOST was. They left so many doors open.
If I am somewhat right the best way for you to really help bitcoin to be as big as you want is to target people who have zero idea about colbert report or what is the meaning of LOST. If you talk to someone about bitcoin and they laugh at your joke about the last Big Band theory episode or Seinfield's many variation of his Apple computer at his apartment over the year, he will still be in the same bubble as you.

Why not take a trip to an Indian reservation, going out of your comfort zone and preach bitcoin? Target the rural States, the farmers and others that go to bed early and wake up early.

Every seconds you spend replying on this thread is making you less productive into deploying your ideas to people who don't know anything about bitcoin yet.

Good luck!

LOL

You think I am a hipster? LOL LOL LOL

Wow. Wait till I start making videos, you'll see me. (and BTW I live in Colorado which is about as far from the coast as possible, and have shit internet. It's comcast, but just regular "internet" I didn't even get any kind of package. I'm basically a struggling artist that belongs in the BC world, not a hipster striving for the 80's. I'm pretty sure any hipster (even one with a beard) would make fun of me by calling me a cave man or hippy, and I am neither)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:25:00 PM

Are you another government loyalist come here to tell us to pay our taxes and vote?
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:57:35 PM

Are you another government loyalist come here to tell us to pay our taxes and vote?

No, I am only loyal to one government. And that is the Republic of Texas.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: