Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gifts to Save a Kitty  (Read 950 times)
mikegogulski (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 11:58:21 PM

My friends Crystal and Rob need to raise about $1900 more for surgery for their cat, Cheeks. They're good folks, and Cheeks is a love monster.

Bitcoin donations: 12DHV9erBHtdWH5svkhnyK3izzVF2Lp9UP (Rob's mining address).

From Crystal's gofundme.com page, http://www.gofundme.com/50l274:

Created by Crystal Doommonkey Gaz Pistol on October 29, 2013
AUSTIN, TX
Animals & Pets

Cheeks our beloved furiend needs surgery.

The vets found 3 masses in his intestines that are suspicious of lymphoma, a common cancer among cats. Current procedures of cytology have not be definitive in obtaining a ample that could be stated as a positive.

The surgery Cheeks needs will be to remove the 3 masses, as in a full biopsy, and the full tissue samples can be sent to the lab and we can get more answers.

Recently Cheeks was doing well recovery from oral surgery to remove some bad teeth. He seemed to be on the mend and doing well eating his meals and being the usual sweet goofball. Sometime at the start of October his energy and feeding habits started to decline and he was losing weight rather rapidly, so much so that we can feel his spine and hip bones protrude.

Currently he is on a steroid to stimulate his appetite and we have to feed in frequent small meals throughout the day and night. Though, we have to cut his steroid amount in order for the cells to be removed, since steroids have a tendency to shrink growths (good and bad) so the sooner we can get this moving forward the sooner we can have answers.

This has been a difficult time for us since we don't have children our furry children mean the world.

Cheeks came into my life as a wee baby kitten. He was born to a semi-feral cat around my house in California. Starting at about 5 weeks old Cheeks would squeak at me and start following me around in the yard. It was love at first sight, 12 years ago, and we've been together ever since. I think it's pretty obvious how he got his name, but just to give you all a mental picture ... imagine this little orange and white tabby kitten following you around and as kittens tend to have overly exaggerated features (before they grow into them), that was his big white cheeks sticking out from his adorable face. Every step he took he made a cute "brff" sound as we trotted around the yard. As he got older he found that it wasn't enough to just follow me--he needed to ride me, and one day as I stood outside he took that leap and curled his warm soft body around my neck always making sure that his head was on my right side (he's particular like that) and that has been an important bonding act ever since.

Cheeks was just over a year old when we picked up and moved to Austin, Texas and we've been here ever since. He has two other cat companions and his people that adore him.

This surgery has been estimated to cost us around $2000 give or take. Depending on what is found through this surgery will give us a greater idea on what further care he may need, and in the case of a cancer diagnosis being positive it would mean chemo treatments. We are hoping that these growths in his intestines are not cancerous and are just obstructions causing his digestive issues. Either way surgery is the only way to be sure what is causing our beautiful guy so much trouble right now.

Any left over funds will apply to any follow up needs, and in the case Cheeks doesn't need chemo left over funds will be given to no-kill animal shelters or rescues, or a similar campaign to ours.

Our pets we chose as companions, and as such they become more than simply a pet they are part of our lives like family.

Cheeks really is one of the most amazing cats I have ever known. Sweet, friendly, well behaved, funny, loving, and just all around great personality. For many who know Rob and I, understand the significance Cheeks has in our lives and ours in his. He has a knack for wanting us to feel better when we are ill. Every time I had been sick or really upset to tears and bewilderment Cheeks would race up and talk to me and purr. My light on dark days.

He's our love bug and we want to give him a chance at recovery and hopefully many more years because 12 years is simply not enough time for Cheeks in this world, not yet.

***For Bitcoin users please see this site address: 12DHV9erBHtdWH5svkhnyK3izzVF2Lp9UP

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:58:49 AM

theres been too many sob stories from internet strangers these days so id reccommend she will get more results by putting it onto her facebook with 472 friends, that total will get hit fast.

doing a garage sale or a bake-off in the garden, while also having the donation jar as a top up along side the sales, would help them the most

most internet stranger campaigns only really work when its helping out big causes with multiple victims involved.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:15:28 PM

Grumble, grumble. And it is on her Facebook. I'm spreading the word!

Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:23:36 PM

I think surgery's on cats are stupid. It's just a pet not a human.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:30:08 PM

Then don't give. But meanwhile, shut the fuck up.

Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:33:20 PM

Then don't give. But meanwhile, shut the fuck up.
No, I can say everything I want. With the money you waste on the surgery of this cat you could have saved some HUMAN LIFES in Syria for example.

mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:39:51 PM

Gotta remember to check that "self-moderated" box in the future to keep jerks off my threads... Here, have an ignore point.

Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:50:27 PM

I'm a jerk for telling the truth?

Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:52:42 PM

Gotta remember to check that "self-moderated" box in the future to keep jerks off my threads... Here, have an ignore point.

I think his points is fair but put a cross in a bad way. I'm sorry but that money could be spent on things that could save a lot of lives or help out families in need. You also don't know if the surgery is going to be successful ( I hope it is) or if the cat will still suffer after it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: