Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UNKNOWN PERSON TRY TO PHISH MY CREDITS TOKEN AND ENTIRE ETH WALLET!!  (Read 195 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:51:59 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 06:24:25 AM by edsnowangel

Good day people of BCT I know everyone of you are quite aware of some of  cyber attacks in crypto world now I will discuss you more of this because believe it or not I just got attack by a hacker or maybe a noob one wahahah but I am glad I am an ECH and know such stuffs.

so first if you are people are aware of the Token Credits or its symbol CS I just got my token as of now then out of a sudden
an email came to me

saying that I have a 100 Credits token bonus so I check out the email then there is an embedded HTML
when I click on the button I got being redirect to an external link

https://myetherwallet.myetherwallet.cf/cs....

Then I just say woah !! why me?? why the hell me??

wahahah so this  is basically a phishing attack because see the link is fake the real link of myetherwallet is

https://www.myetherwallet.com/

and no bonus token giveaway will ask for your private key!!!

so just an advice to all of you if you see same email attack like whats happen to me please do not click or follow the link it's definitely a phishing stay safe be vigilant secure your private key

if you have questions please ask below

and remember always check the correct url.

sd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
annasadia

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:31:09 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience. This will help me to stay alert from now onwards. But, my question is how will I understand which one is the currect URL if there's trap?
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:06:15 AM

This is quite usual. I have heard about these too. Thanks goodness that you could able to detect and most importantly you didn’t lose your asset. Thanks for the advices. I’m sure, many will get benefited.

Yes sharing about this can help the community specially the newbies I think they need more advice from people who are stay here long I wish that they will see this post  Smiley for them to see the risk of just clicking links send through their email. this is a big problem of people not checking the email links that was send to them by an unknown person.

sd
bct9t

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:47:15 PM

Thanks @edsnowangel for your awareness. After being popular some ill mined people are getting more engaged to ruin the sector. And they want to ruin some people also. But you really shared a very helpful insight. Even I will be more cautious before clicking a single unknown source of URL. Thanks again.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:23:57 AM

Thanks @edsnowangel for your awareness. After being popular some ill mined people are getting more engaged to ruin the sector. And they want to ruin some people also. But you really shared a very helpful insight. Even I will be more cautious before clicking a single unknown source of URL. Thanks again.

welcome sir I am happy that I help someone if you want to find out more about this on how do they do this and what are the possible scenario if you are under such cyber attacks you can subscribe to my youtube channel and watch out my post

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkpItPPEUPvvHdfVr2yzpQ

there I discuss the different hacking methods of hackers.
ad give a bit of advice on what to do Smiley

sd
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

This kind of phishing is not something new, I also received a lot of phishing email like this from fake email of online wallet that I'm using Smiley. In this case, I think this is not an official email from credits, maybe it's just a fake email. Hacker can easily get your email from any spreadsheet or something like that Smiley.

npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

so first if you are people are aware of the Token Credits or its symbol CS I just got my token as of now then out of a sudden
an email came to me

Where did you get this CS?

These past few days Credits was on under attack by giveaway phishing activities, specifically on twitter.
https://twitter.com/creditscom/status/979744061455257601

You can see that the "o" turned to zero (0) + the same avatar makes it undetected on first sight.
This might be connected on the email you've received.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 11:07:14 AM

an email came to me

Where did you get this CS?

These past few days Credits was on under attack by giveaway phishing activities, specifically on twitter.
https://twitter.com/creditscom/status/979744061455257601

You can see that the "o" turned to zero (0) + the same avatar makes it undetected on first sight.
This might be connected on the email you've received.

yes I think this is connected to the email I receive

sd
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:15:19 AM

Yeah. BTW I suggest you to change the title. The current one looks like it point the Credits team behind this phishing attempt.
There is a chance of misunderstanding to the views of other people.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 07:33:29 AM

Yeah. BTW I suggest you to change the title. The current one looks like it point the Credits team behind this phishing attempt.
There is a chance of misunderstanding to the views of other people.

I already change wahihih sorry making you misunderstood

sd
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:35:24 AM

thank you for sharing that, one have to be careful with links they click and also information they provide to that links.   
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:05:05 AM

thank you for sharing that, one have to be careful with links they click and also information they provide to that links.   

you're welcome sir Smiley hope you have time to share  this post to your  friends I think this can help them too

sd
99btcwah

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:06:25 AM

Always be very vigilant when doing stuff online. The most innocent looking emails may have a scammer behind it just waiting for the victims  to fall.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 11:30:55 AM

Always be very vigilant when doing stuff online. The most innocent looking emails may have a scammer behind it just waiting for the victims  to fall.

yes they are just waiting for a victim to fall in their trap but we can prevent this  trap by being observant and being vigilant on our every action in the internet space

sd
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:38:39 AM

Never trust a giveaway if you need to send something in exchange.
They post on every Twitter account about crypto. Maybe a botnet or something like this.
The scammers have already received a lot of ETH... I suppose it is a big team of scammers.
Because a lot of them lie and say that they received the coins.
And also they like this post so it is the first comment that is being seen by everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: