Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which GPU to get RX 580 , Vega 64 or 1080TI  (Read 247 times)
Deners (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:37:06 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 03:03:29 PM by Deners

I am in a serious doubt and cant make a decision betwen these GPUs RX 580 , Vega 64 , 1080TI . Has anyone got expiriance with all 3 GPUs or atleast with 2 of them which is the one that gives most hashrate and the lowest power consumption. I am interested in RX 580 Hash rate for dual mining similar like ETH+SmartCash and its power consumption , the same thing for vega 64 ETH+SmartCash hashrate and power consumption, for Nvidia 1080TI whats its equihash power consumption and can you dual mine something like Zcash(ZEC)/Equihash+(any other algoritm/coin) similar like ETH dual mining works but insted with Equihash algoritm, or is it just better to mine shitcoins with 1080TI and get huge profits.

crypt0.zone

Activity: 154
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

I'm sure answer depends on:
What are prices you can get those cards?
What is your electricity costs?

Personally I would consider Vega 56 over 64 - cost to power ratio is way better.

Visit crypt0.zone/calculator/
bluecoinX

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

I think 1080ti is a good choice. In the long run, it saves a lot of money on the power cost, and the N card performance is superior.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
MFTHC

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:19:31 PM

Mining is a long - term affair, very boring, I think which card is stable to choose that card. This saves some valuable time.
Zephid

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

for Eth all thoses cards are good but RX580 its better with the price,
for cryptonight coins Vega its better
equihash coins 1080ti its better

so just see what coin u want and buy for it, there is so sites with alot of benchmarks of thoses cards, and u can see the profits u make with everyone of thoses,
MfzbCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:06:10 PM

Those who say that mining is a waste of electricity are really enough. Mining is actually the civilian of the server. The traditional Internet server is operated by the company, and the profit is paid to the large company.

It is now available to power miners, who can provide mining services to get paid.
MfzbCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:07:49 PM

Before: traditional Internet companies' servers were provided by companies such as GuGe and facebook, and they were provided with electricity.

Now have block chain: after each block chain project server is to provide the mill of miners, the consumption of electric power to the miners, the miners obtain token by mill service, is what we say "tokens"
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:10:23 PM

See if this helps:
https://www.coinsuggest.com/best-graphics-cards-mining/

SirNeo

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:36:32 PM

None, unless you get them for FREE.
ROI is to long now.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:45:34 PM

depends on what coin your going to mine, i would go with the nvidia 1080ti personally, I thought i remember seeing a post some time back that the vegas didnt have a huge advantage over cheaper cards? maybe someone could correct me on that?

mining is long term play though and it's a more conservative play, people say its better to just buy off the market but i would rather have the money i invested in December have gone into cards rather than the market  Cry

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:48:40 PM

At the moment both are not worth it for mining and you will need a really long time for ROI. However the best choice surely is the GTX 1080 Ti which has a much better resale value. You can mine with it for a few months and then in the end sell it for a good price still.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:56:49 PM

Give it a good second thought if you really want to buy a dedicated GPU for mining. GPU prices are still rather crap and the payback period is quite long now.

NVIDIA is releasing new cards soon, the main algos for AMD (Ethash, Cryptonight) are receiving not so good news right now.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:17:28 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 09:41:31 PM by Vann

According to Hynix, GDDR6 which is what the next gen gaming GPU's are based on, won't enter mass production until 3 months from now. I wouldn't expect to see new GPU's released until the end of July at the earliest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s65jU3r6iUI

I do agree current GPU prices are still way too high to justify building a rig at this point. If you want to game and mine on the side, then that is an option if you don't mind the current ROI timeframe.
Numir

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:39:05 PM

At the moment both are not worth it for mining and you will need a really long time for ROI. However the best choice surely is the GTX 1080 Ti which has a much better resale value. You can mine with it for a few months and then in the end sell it for a good price still.

I agree.

If you can take the GTX 1080Ti. If you can wait, maybe wait for new ones.
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ are good cards, but I would go for 1080Ti's. You can mine more coins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: