Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:15:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] ASICMiner 49 port hubs +50 units! 1.75 BTC - Hub only 1.1 BTC  (Read 3113 times)
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:54:23 AM

If the port is max output is only 0.5A that is the max. So if a device max draw is say 1A then it will only be supplied 0.5A period.

And is that the max output of this hub? I have not heard anybody say that...which is why I'm here asking. I have usb 2.0 hubs that output 1.2A to multiple ports because they have external power. Thats more than twice usb 2.0 spec. All I'm asking is...can these ports do the same? or are they limited?

Okay let me put it this way.

If you got a 4 port hub each port can put out max 0.5A. however that would total a max of 2A.. If the total max output is 1.2A then you could have 2 ports at max output and one at 0.2A and the otherone would not work. So basically the 4 port hub cannot Supply all 4 ports at Max capacity.

However in this case the powersupply is its max capacity. Majority of power supplys nowadays will be more than enough to power the hub at each port to max 0.5A
So even if the power supply has a max of say 30A at the 5V rail. There is only a max of 24.5A that the hub will require and the PSU will not need to supply the extra 5.5A.

Now to answer your charge port of 1A that works by combining 2 usbs into one.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:22:38 AM

USB 2.0 spec was revised years ago to allow for current output higher than .5 amp. In fact it can support up to 5 now if the port has an external power source...And I'm tired of trying to explain this to you. Wikipedia is taking over now:

Battery Charging Specification 1.2:[16] Released in December 2010.
Several changes and increasing limits including allowing 1.5 A on charging ports for unconfigured devices, allowing High Speed communication while having a current up to 1.5 A and allowing a maximum current of 5 A.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#USB_2.0

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
demonmaestro

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:46:53 AM

I aint going to argue a point with you. You still won’t believe me. Go read on USB.org and look at the founders. (Intel) for better information. Or for that matter go plug 4 erupters into your 1.2a usb port hub and tell me if you get them all working with a full 1.332GH/S (I want proof). I don't have a degree in Electronics engineering for no reason. I do this stuff day in day out.

The charging USB ports are configured differently than a standard usb port.

Also WikiPedia anyone can create BULLcrap on that.

For better information take a look at the founders

The first USB technology began development in 1994, co-invented by Ajay Bhatt of Intel and the USB-IF (USB Implementers Forum, Inc). The organization is comprised of industry leaders like Intel, Microsoft, Compaq, LSI, Apple and Hewlett-Packard. It supports and adopts comprehensive specifications for all aspects of USB technology.

and here is your WikiPedia information that you like so much. Says right on top.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB
Quote from: Wikipedia
Electrical
Signal   5 volt DC
Max. voltage   5.00±0.25 V (pre-3.0); 5.00+0.25-0.55 V (USB 3.0)
Max. current   0.5–0.9 A (general);
5 A (charging devices)

Here is some more goodness for you from Wikipedia
Some devices, such as high-speed external disk drives, require more than 500 mA of current[57] and therefore may have power issues if powered from just one USB 2.0 port: erratic function, failure to function, or overloading/damaging the port. Such devices may come with an external power source or a Y-shaped cable that has two USB connectors (one for power+data, the other for power only) to plug into a computer. With such a cable, a device can draw power from two USB ports simultaneously.[58]

A bus-powered hub initializes itself at 1 unit load and transitions to maximum unit loads after it completes hub configuration. Any device connected to the hub draws 1 unit load regardless of the current draw of devices connected to other ports of the hub (i.e., one device connected on a four-port hub draws only 1 unit load despite the fact that more unit loads are being supplied to the hub).[56]

A self-powered hub supplies maximum supported unit loads to any device connected to it. In addition, the VBUS presents 1 unit load upstream for communication if parts of the Hub are powered down.[clarification needed][56]

Aka if the max the usb can supply is 1.2A that is IT.

Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Chronikka

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:12:55 AM

I aint going to argue a point with you. You still won’t believe me. Go read on USB.org and look at the founders. (Intel) for better information. Or for that matter go plug 4 erupters into your 1.2a usb port hub and tell me if you get them all working with a full 1.332GH/S (I want proof). I don't have a degree in Electronics engineering for no reason. I do this stuff day in day out.

The charging USB ports are configured differently than a standard usb port.

Also WikiPedia anyone can create BULLcrap on that.

For better information take a look at the founders

The first USB technology began development in 1994, co-invented by Ajay Bhatt of Intel and the USB-IF (USB Implementers Forum, Inc). The organization is comprised of industry leaders like Intel, Microsoft, Compaq, LSI, Apple and Hewlett-Packard. It supports and adopts comprehensive specifications for all aspects of USB technology.

and here is your WikiPedia information that you like so much. Says right on top.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB
Electrical
Signal   5 volt DC
Max. voltage   5.00±0.25 V (pre-3.0); 5.00+0.25-0.55 V (USB 3.0)
Max. current   0.5–0.9 A (general);
5 A (charging devices)

Here is some more goodness for you from Wikipedia
Some devices, such as high-speed external disk drives, require more than 500 mA of current[57] and therefore may have power issues if powered from just one USB 2.0 port: erratic function, failure to function, or overloading/damaging the port. Such devices may come with an external power source or a Y-shaped cable that has two USB connectors (one for power+data, the other for power only) to plug into a computer. With such a cable, a device can draw power from two USB ports simultaneously.[58]

A bus-powered hub initializes itself at 1 unit load and transitions to maximum unit loads after it completes hub configuration. Any device connected to the hub draws 1 unit load regardless of the current draw of devices connected to other ports of the hub (i.e., one device connected on a four-port hub draws only 1 unit load despite the fact that more unit loads are being supplied to the hub).[56]

A self-powered hub supplies maximum supported unit loads to any device connected to it. In addition, the VBUS presents 1 unit load upstream for communication if parts of the Hub are powered down.[clarification needed][56]

Aka if the max the usb can supply is 1.2A that is IT.

Seriously man what are you arguing? THIS HUB...the one in THIS thread is powered by an EXTERNAL PSU. If the PSU can supply enough current at 5 v then you can theoretically output 5 amps to every single port on the hub if the hub allows for it. This is my question...what is the maximum current output allowed per port on THIS HUB? Not how does USB work.

Stop trying to tell me how USB works. You are not even arguing the same point any more. You can't even tell me how my own USB hubs work. The hub puts out 1.2 amp at ALL 4 ports because it has a 5 amp adaptor. I never said anything about its maximum you just assumed I meant the maximum output of the hub is 1.2 amps.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:13:42 AM

Just a little more on the amperage available to usb ports.

Unless the hub has components to limit the amperage to each individual usb port on the 5v line, whatever amperage is delivered from the ps will be available to each port.

Unless the usb device has components to limit the amperage being feed to that device, whatever amperage is delivered from the usb port will be to the device.

If a usb hub/device is designed to specs, there are components inline to limit the max amperage available them.

The question with this new 49 port usb hub, will be how was it built?  Was it built to usb specs or was it built with mining specifically in mind, meaning, more amperage available to each port.
demonmaestro

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:17:19 AM

Seriously man what are you arguing? THIS HUB...the one in THIS thread is powered by an EXTERNAL PSU. If the PSU can supply enough current at 5 v then you can theoretically output 5 amps to every single port on the hub if the hub allows for it. This is my question...what is the maximum current output allowed per port on THIS HUB? Not how does USB work.

Well considering this is a USB hub you need to have a basic knowlage on how USB WORKS.... Whats so hard about that.
Okay fine have at it and tell me how long your shit lasts. if you draw 5amps from each port. no point in arguing with a troll.

Sorry CrazyGuy for filling up this thread. I can delete my posts if you want me to.

Chronikka

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:17:42 AM

The question with this new 49 port usb hub, will be how was it built?  Was it built to usb specs or was it built with mining specifically in mind, meaning, more amperage available to each port.

This. This is the question I am asking. But nobody seems to have an answer.

AbiTxGroup

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:58:14 AM

The question with this new 49 port usb hub, will be how was it built?  Was it built to usb specs or was it built with mining specifically in mind, meaning, more amperage available to each port.

I will receive mine today before noon CST.  Once I get it I will take a look at it to see if there are current limiters to each port.

I am trying to find my usb extender cable so that I can splice it with my amp meter.  Just need to find it.
demonmaestro

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:08:54 AM

I had sent a message to FriedCat for the full specs of the usb hub.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:38:05 PM

Hubs are back in stock. USA only.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

I will receive mine today before noon CST.  Once I get it I will take a look at it to see if there are current limiters to each port.

I am trying to find my usb extender cable so that I can splice it with my amp meter.  Just need to find it.

And did you receive it? Can't wait to see some users experience.

Cheers

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:58:55 AM

SOLD OUT

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
AbiTxGroup

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:58:09 AM

And did you receive it? Can't wait to see some users experience.

Cheers
Sorry for a late reply, I had to leave on some emergency business and I got back late this evening.  The hub was here waiting for me.  There was a long power outage while I was gone so I had to restart everything first, and check my freezers.  The power was still out when I arrived and came back on about 20 mins later, I now have about 15 pounds of unfrozen venison steaks that I need to cook up.  All the ground up meat stayed frozen, but the individual vacuum sealed steaks all thawed out.

The hub is up and running now.  Glad there was 50 usbminers as I have one that is bad.  It is recognized on four machines (2-win7pro, 2-win8 pro) by the OS, but bfgminer (ver 3.3.0 and 3.4.0) will start up, the usbminer led goes off, a few seconcds later bfgminer cannot find the device, then the usbminer led comes back on.  The OS's all assign a com port to it, but the miner software cannot find it.  Tried the usbminer in the 49-port hub, off of one of my 10-port rosewill, usb port on win8 msi mb, usb port on win7 asrock extreme6, usb port on Asus mb, usb port on my laptop, in the rosewill on my laptop.  Other usbminers work in each of these systems/ports except this one. I already had 14 usbminers purchased from SSB.

I did not find my usb extender cable before I had to leave, so I did not test the amperage. I just wanted to get everything up and running tonight, so I may go back and do some testing once things get back to normal tomorrow.  I have an Antec TruePower 2.0 550w PS running the hub, a couple of 12v fans, and three blade miners.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: