Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *SCAM* Blacklilac/Jordan Lear/2Asic.com, Asicminer.info, Blacklilacfinancial.com  (Read 11776 times)
bitkoin000 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:25:33 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 12:18:03 PM by bitkoin000

This is a scam warning about a member of this forum blacklilac (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=70557) and any of the enterprises he's involved with.

An associate and I invested a total of approx 45 BTC in ASICs from www.2asic.com in 2 separate orders back in August, the site touted all orders would be despatched within 10 days of placement and that they would only sell units they had in stock.

As you'd guess neither of our orders were despatched (in fact they're still showing as "processing" when I log into check).

I attempted to contact the company multiple times via their listed email and phone number (I also went as far as getting someone to attempt to visit their office in Vancouver, they were unable to locate it) with no success and in the end I joined this forum, made a thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298625.0) so I could then contact blacklilac (who is a partner of 2asic.com) and bring his attention to the matter. Please refer to the content of this thread for background.

As you can see from the thread, Blacklilac (AKA Jordan Lear) was quite quick to join the discussion and to explain that a partner had recently left, allowing some orders to "fall through the cracks". He provided assurances that he could either ship the units with a 35% discount or immediately refund the BTC. He also responded to my PM asking me what the order numbers were etc so he could refund.

Obviously I was pleased to see this response and was largely reassured that this was not a scam (just poor business management), it took me a few days to reply to his PM as I had been travelling..but even though he logged into the site regularly he never replied back.

I waited another couple of weeks for blacklilac to respond to the several PM's I sent him before finally telling him I'd make a thread calling him out (as well a list of other actions). He actually replied to that PM saying he'd arrange the refund by October 14th. The reason I'm making this thread now is because he did not.

DO NOT do any kind of business with blacklilac or the sites he's involved in (www.2asic.com, www.asicminer.info, www.blacklilacfinancial.com). I really don't know if he's perpetuating a scam on some level, is a negligent businessman, or is simply incompetent, but any of those possibilities should prevent someone from trusting any pursuit he's involved in.

I'm going to keep this thread active and provide additional information I have collected about blacklilac/jordan lear and if you'd like all the information I have feel free to PM me. The same applies if you have something you believe you can contribute to resolving this, if I can't get a refund I'll pursue alternative options.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:48:36 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 12:18:45 PM by bitkoin000

I was running short on time and didn't review the recommended format for making a scam accusation.

All of the other relevant information is in my previous post (albeit not in the recommended format).

I can provide images of PMs etc, but the link to my original thread establishes the basis of my claim.

bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 04:45:21 AM

Blacklilac logged in earlier, hasn't bothered to defend the accusation.

He's the domain owner to asicminer.info, these are his registered details;

Company: Jordan Lear Black Lilac Financial Corporation
Address: 1155 W Pender St Vancouver British Columbia V6E 2V2 CA
Phone: +1.8774207992 (no longer in service)
bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:34:48 PM

He popped up again to peddle his wares; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397827.msg4344259#msg4344259
He didn't like getting exposed when I brought up the BTC he owes, so when accusing me of trying to extort him didn't work he just deleted all the posts related to what I said and locked the thread. Here's the posts before they were deleted (don't know how to make it appear full size but you can save and magnify the image from this link http://tinypic.com/r/r2khol/5;
http://i44.tinypic.com/2q3x7ut.png

What a great guy.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:00:59 PM

Well on a different deal it does look like he is a scammer...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397827.msg4356637#msg4356637

He sold a bunch of Casascius coins after taking a partial payment then does not reply.  Lesson learned.. trust not a single person on the forums!
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:41:53 PM

Have any Canadians been scammed by him? Not sure how much weight a police report from a foreign citizen will hold, unless it's a very substantial amount of money.

There was a 25 btc casascius coin on that thread -- did anyone buy it?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:28:35 PM

Well I left neg trust...hope everyone else does also to prevent someone else getting screwed.
bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:25:17 AM

I've managed to collect a substantial amount of info on him. Enough evidence to get the police involved on serious fraud potentially.
It's people like Grant Millar (*jordan lear*/Blacklilac) that perpetuate the worse parts of Bitcoin.
I personally am not letting him get away with this.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:27:00 AM

I replied to your message...you should also ask Nightowlace the same thing.  Cool
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:29:04 AM

Have any Canadians been scammed by him? Not sure how much weight a police report from a foreign citizen will hold, unless it's a very substantial amount of money.

I think that bitkoin00 was scammed out of plenty... He also seems to have info on him.  Wonder if your home address and his match up?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:30:52 AM

I thought I smelled something fishy when I was asked to escrow two separate transactions involving BlackLilac and he canceled on the deals once the escrow address was funded.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:34:57 AM

I can talk to the PI I'm using for more info on that. Potentially it may require the services of a lawyer to collectively represent the complainants (which isn't cheap, but then theoretically he can be made to pay for all associated costs pending the courts decision).

And yes blazedout, nubbins and I have the same address for him.
nubbins
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:27:31 AM

BlackLilac didn't learn a lesson from the SR/DPR debacle. He left footprints all over the place Tongue

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:26:58 AM

I can talk to the PI I'm using for more info on that. Potentially it may require the services of a lawyer to collectively represent the complainants (which isn't cheap, but then theoretically he can be made to pay for all associated costs pending the courts decision).

I really do not care about getting my BTC back as much as watching this guy get burned.  Grin
bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:31:40 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 06:49:37 PM by bitkoin000

I really do not care about getting my BTC back as much as watching this guy get burned.  Grin

It'll be good to hold at least 1 of the Bitcoin scammers out there responsible for their bullshit.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

I really do not care about getting my BTC back as much as watching this guy get burned.  Grin

It'll be good to hold at least 1 of the Bitcoin scammers out there responsible for their bullshit.

It would be great to finally get some justice on one of these guys.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:30:38 AM

Any movement on this guys?
bitkoin000 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:03:08 AM

Yes. The PI is going to get in touch with a contact he has in the Vancouver PD to assess legal options. There's another side of the investigation that wouldn't be a good idea to discuss in this thread also.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

Yes. The PI is going to get in touch with a contact he has in the Vancouver PD to assess legal options. There's another side of the investigation that wouldn't be a good idea to discuss in this thread also.

PM me and I will give you my personal contact info
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:35:12 PM

If needed I will provide my information also. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: