Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:12:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No Woman, No Drive  (Read 1774 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:50:13 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 09:22:16 PM by Wilikon

http://youtu.be/aZMbTFNp4wI

Edit: The reason why http://youtu.be/xvQMcy8MWm8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:02:48 PM

Haha, awesome!

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:10:28 PM

I only hope all the feminists in our little bitcointalk community will share that video...
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:25:22 PM

pretty funny and well done. I'm guessing he making fun of the women driving ban in Syria or wherever they have that sort of thing. 
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:23:19 PM

pretty funny and well done. I'm guessing he making fun of the women driving ban in Syria or wherever they have that sort of thing. 

Yes. I added the reason why on my first post to put the video more into context.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:07:03 PM

I'm guessing he making fun of the women driving ban in Syria or wherever they have that sort of thing. 

You're thinking of the USA's best buddy in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia.

Syrian society is probably less backwards than the US is, these days. Well, apart from all the US (and the Saudis) instigating a load of infighting and calling it a "popular uprising" on TV.

Vires in numeris
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:12:52 PM

Crazy but has a reality in it. Grin
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:31:31 AM

I only hope all the feminists in our little bitcointalk community will share that video...
feminists have severe mental issues.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:34:55 PM

feminists have severe mental issues.

So far the most famous one in recent thread's memory hasn't reply to this as women conditions in Muslim countries is a Kryptonite Taboo subject for feminists.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:23:56 AM

Haha yeah i heard about this. Apparently the movement is gaining traction  Wink

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:49:40 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/world/middleeast/kerry-meets-saudi-king-to-smooth-relations.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (NYT) — In his first meeting with Saudi Arabia’s ruling monarch since becoming secretary of state, John Kerry sought to reassure the king on Monday that the Obama administration and the Saudis shared common objectives on Syria, Iran and Egypt. [...]

(Wary of inflaming Saudi sensitivities, Mr. Kerry sidestepped a reporter’s question about whether Saudi women should be allowed to drive, casting the debate as one “best left to Saudi Arabia.”)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:08:12 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/world/middleeast/kerry-meets-saudi-king-to-smooth-relations.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (NYT) — In his first meeting with Saudi Arabia’s ruling monarch since becoming secretary of state, John Kerry sought to reassure the king on Monday that the Obama administration and the Saudis shared common objectives on Syria, Iran and Egypt. [...]

(Wary of inflaming Saudi sensitivities, Mr. Kerry sidestepped a reporter’s question about whether Saudi women should be allowed to drive, casting the debate as one “best left to Saudi Arabia.”)

I don't get the timing with this. What do the Saudis and the US State dept think they're achieving here, some kind of mutually reflected esteem by association? Isn't it kind of the opposite? (i.e. US look bad atm, Saudis rarely look good, US subsequently looks even worse than already, Saudis even worse than ever?)

Just who, exactly, is watching John Kerry doing a diplomatic tour of Riyadh, and actually thinking "I'm glad these guys are getting along so well, some really positive geo-political outcome is bound to emerge from it". I think the genuine average thought is "Would prefer not to think about why this diplomatic grip and grin is even taking place at all".

Vires in numeris
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:01:17 AM

Kerry is over there for obama's famous red line speech for Syria's chemical attack. He made Israel an dSaudi Arabia mad because of his swift non action after sending a bunch of warships near by for no reason. Putin helped Obama not looking like a fool and helped his friend Assad at the same time. The Saudi were mad and even the king reacted very strongly. So now Kerry will say anything to save the situation and put Saudi women under the bus (as long as they don't drive them...)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:13:01 AM

I don't get the timing with this. What do the Saudis and the US State dept think they're achieving here, some kind of mutually reflected esteem by association? Isn't it kind of the opposite? (i.e. US look bad atm, Saudis rarely look good, US subsequently looks even worse than already, Saudis even worse than ever?)

Just who, exactly, is watching John Kerry doing a diplomatic tour of Riyadh, and actually thinking "I'm glad these guys are getting along so well, some really positive geo-political outcome is bound to emerge from it". I think the genuine average thought is "Would prefer not to think about why this diplomatic grip and grin is even taking place at all".

It was a sales call.  The US is the largest weapons dealer on the planet and Saudi Arabia is a huge buyer.  That means the salesman in chief will go there and shake hands, drink (water), make sure the VIP customers are happy.

Come on those strike fighters and air defense artillery aren't going to sell themselves.  The citzens of the United States shareholders of General Dynamics et all expect nothing less.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:21:17 AM

It was a sales call.  The US is the largest weapons dealer on the planet and Saudi Arabia is a huge buyer.  That means the salesman in chief will go there and shake hands, drink (water), make sure the VIP customers are happy.

Come on those strike fighters and air defense artillery aren't going to sell themselves.  The citzens of the United States shareholders of General Dynamics et all expect nothing less.

Well, it's bad timing for military export deals to middle eastern countries too. I guess there's an argument that there is no good time for that, but it's still comparatively poor timing.

Vires in numeris
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:42:11 AM

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/gulfnews/522976-women-driver-ban-guards-against-evil-says-top-saudi-cleric

The grand mufti of Saudi Arabia said a ban on women driving in the conservative Gulf state protects society from “evil,” in remarks published in the press on Thursday.

Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah al-Sheikh, in a speech delivered Wednesday in the western city of Medina, said the issue of giving women the right to drive should not be “one of society’s major concerns.”

The kingdom’s most senior cleric called for “the matter to be considered from the perspective of protecting society from evil” which, according to him, included letting women drive.

His comments came as activists said they had been assured by Interior Minister Prince Mohammed bin Nayef that authorities were reassessing the controversial Saudi ban on women drivers.

“Rest assured that the issue is being discussed, and expect a good outcome,” the minister was quoted as saying on Wednesday by Aziza al-Yusef, who met him along with fellow activist Hala al-Dosari.

The absolute monarchy is the only country in the world where women are barred from driving, a regulation that has drawn condemnation from the international community.
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:53:18 PM

Haha, nice man!

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:38:05 AM

Love this movement,awesome

Long may it continue...

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:49:53 PM

HAHAHA!
This is hilarious  Grin Cheesy Grin

altough sarcastic, it is funny  Grin

supernovax

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:04:11 PM

This has nothing to do with Islam(or religion for that matter). It was the government's decision to ban women from driving, as most(if not all) other Islamic countries have no such a law against women driving vehicles.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: