Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:49:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Alert! Bitcoin-Central  (Read 8538 times)
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:43:40 PM

I am worried that I've been scammed.  The new Bitcoin-Central appears to be scammy.  I gave all of my bank details to them.  Then they locked my account (login).  Then they won't allow me to change password.  Then they don't put a customer service e-mail on their website.  Then when I found a contact via Google - they write back to me in French that they don't speak English.  A professional company doesn't take bank details and smart off like a punk in French to customer inquiries.  Their website is in English - but if you want help you can't get it.

Warning, warning, warning.  I don't think these guys are legit.  I don't recommend this exchange service and I don't know if my information is secure with them.  They've been hacked in the past - and shut down.  Now, I think the 'reopened' company is a scam.

My advice: Stay Away!!!!  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:02:50 PM

I am worried that I've been scammed.  The new Bitcoin-Central appears to be scammy.  I gave all of my bank details to them.  Then they locked my account (login).  Then they won't allow me to change password.  Then they don't put a customer service e-mail on their website.  Then when I found a contact via Google - they write back to me in French that they don't speak English.  A professional company doesn't take bank details and smart off like a punk in French to customer inquiries.  Their website is in English - but if you want help you can't get it.

Warning, warning, warning.  I don't think these guys are legit.  I don't recommend this exchange service and I don't know if my information is secure with them.  They've been hacked in the past - and shut down.  Now, I think the 'reopened' company is a scam.

My advice: Stay Away!!!!  

A while ago some Brit was going the jump in the Chunnel and fabrique nueveau trou de merde(*) on these guys.  I wonder how that went?

* I always like to stay current on my French.  'Use it or lose it', we say.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

itym they were 'hacked' in the past, not hacked in the past
AU

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:10:54 PM

oh that makes sense lol

Razer Blade 14" for sale
BTC: 1E1QQDq8keR9uVykmxSzo7CUYrWtQ6J9M8
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:12:44 PM

A while ago some Brit was going the jump in the Chunnel and fabrique nueveau trou de merde(*) on these guys.  I wonder how that went?

* I always like to stay current on my French.  'Use it or lose it', we say.

Hey tvbcof, how is the quest for relevance coming along? Make a blog or something, maybe someone will care.
And to answer your question, maybe the particular internet tough guy you mention grew a brain at some point.

Well, not everyone is a paranoid nutjob.

random anger

Hello!

I was the one who answered you. My answer actually meant "you may address us in French". Maybe I was a little quick to assume you spoke French since you declared residing in France. We get quite a lot of French users that don't know we're actually located in France, so we answer in French to those, who're actually quite happy about it.

Of course you got answered in English afterwards, maybe you didn't see the answer mixed in all the rage mail you sent us in the five minutes that followed.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:28:00 PM

A while ago some Brit was going the jump in the Chunnel and fabrique nueveau trou de merde(*) on these guys.  I wonder how that went?

* I always like to stay current on my French.  'Use it or lose it', we say.

Hey tvbcof, how is the quest for relevance coming along? Make a blog or something, maybe someone will care.
And to answer your question, maybe the particular internet tough guy you mention grew a brain at some point.

Well, look what the cat dragged in!

I don't need to pursue such a quest since I'm not trying to put my hands on other people's money.  This is hardly an accident.

To your other conjecture, it's possible, but I doubt it.  Some participants here are juveniles who have some potential for brain development left.  Probably not that guy though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:39:15 PM

Some participants here are juveniles who have some potential for brain development left.  Probably not that guy though.

Could mean the growth potential is located a couple of feet below instead.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:07:21 PM

Well, look what the cat dragged in!
Hey tvbcof,
Do you know this guy?  Is his company legit?  Is he really something a cat would drag in?  Do you know his true identity?  I gave them all my banking details and now they seem very unprofessional.  Should I report them to the banking authorities in France?

I don't know davout, but have met his partner boussac once.

My best guess is that they are NOT crooks, but they use exceedingly poor judgement when it comes to customer service and other aspects of running a business.  In particular, they are sensitive and immature and any perceived slight will set them off on a vindictive and unproductive campaign of insults.  A proficient support wing of any functional company can and will let such things roll off of their backs.

For my part, I will not trust them until they make a good faith effort to publicly document the investigation of the Instawallet theft, and produce a credible and verifiable accounting of the financial details associated with it.  Esp, how the unclaimed funds were used.  I would hazard a guess that most of the unclaimed funds (from tiny balances in people's wallets) were absorbed with their acqusition of Instawallet from it's original developer, but I am not aware of the business details that were associated with that event.

I would expect that you'll get you/they will get your account stuff squared away unless you are a blatant criminal and they can demonstrate it.

My personal view is that the amount of value to trust to ANY service provider in Bitcoinland is well below the amount that would be worth taking to the justice system if monetary calculus is all that is involved.  Dunno where your loss (temporary or not) falls.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

I still can't access the service and still don't believe the site is actually real.

Your account has been unlocked a couple of hours ago, you should be able to sign-in fine.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 10:57:41 PM

I can sign in now.  Trouble is, I can't access the service.  The service is buying and selling bitcoins.  I can't do that. 

Let me take the liberty of quoting the FAQ for you:

How long does it take to verify my account?
The verifications are placed in a queue. It usually takes two business days, but it may take more or less time depending on the size of the queue.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 11:23:19 PM

When I click the 'Fund your Bitcoins account' tab I see this:
"Fund your Bitcoins account
Your account must be verified before accessing this page. Your profile is complete and will be processed within the next 24 to 48 hours."

So I ask again, how many hours are there in five days in France?  

You're right, it's probably a scam. I suggest avoiding them altoghether and limit my interactions with them as much as possible.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:44:42 AM

Alert:tvbcof and his new TKeenan alias is actually a troll trying to derail bitcoin start ups in any way he can, essentially by foul calomny.

tvbcof is displaying now his xenophobia openly. That is why he is targeting specifically a Paris-based business.

greyhawk

Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:13:13 PM

See, davout? Look at how wrong you were:

Alert:tvbcof and his new TKeenan alias is actually a troll trying to derail bitcoin start ups in any way he can, essentially by foul calomny.

tvbcof is displaying now his xenophobia openly. That is why he is targeting specifically a Paris-based business.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:26:07 PM

Ouch!  You cut me to the the quick, man!

It's not like I asserted that all French people have poor hygiene habits and offensive body odor because of this.  Or maybe I did...I don't remember.  Anyway, some of my best friends or French.  Hmmm...actually that's not true.  I don't think I really have any French friends.  I had a Belgian co-worker not long ago an he was pretty cool though.  French, Belgian, Mongolian, whatever.  It's all about the same thing to us xenophobes.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:46:18 PM

tvbcof knows exactly who I am because he has a copy of my passport and banking details and utility bills I sent to his fake company that he bought from Paymium. 

FIFY

(I'm joking.  I don't think Paymium would hold unnecessarily or sell the docs.  Or even that they would get hacked and lose data...again...  But one never knows.  It's possible, and musing about such things often leads to a delightful engagement with my new found Francophone friends.)

Boussac
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:33:53 PM

That s right I am paranoid: tvbocf has stalked me so far with 36 posts (and counting) but I should consider this healthy.
The guy has no life and if he did it would be miserable.
Now greyhawk has joined this abject thread. Three hyenas make a pack.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:09:29 AM

That s right I am paranoid: tvbocf has stalked me so far with 36 posts (and counting) but I should consider this healthy.

You attack me, then accuse me of stalking you?

You have me on your ignore list yet have taken the time to count '36 posts' where I allegedly cause you some poorly defined damage?

What a bozo and a loser you are!  I hope that you can somehow succeed in running a worthwhile company but it's seriously doubtful to say the honest truth.

Shallow

Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:47:21 AM

Usually services with a hyphen are dodgy. Not always, just most of the time.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Boussac
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:22:01 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 10:32:55 AM by Boussac

tvbocf has stalked me so far with 36 posts (and counting) but I should consider this healthy.
We simply tried to use your services in good faith only to learn they are most probably a mere fraud and vaporware.
This is rumorware. You are on a witch hunt. I feel sorry for you because you are doing nothing meaningful other than calomny.

By mixing legitimate businesses with alleged scams you are doing exactly the opposite of what you cliam you are doing.
1.You are making it more difficult for the community to select trustworthy services.
2. You disincentivize trustworthy services to disclose if and when they are hacked since you condemn them to have their reputation smeared no matter what they do. Even when the users suffer no other loss than an interruption of service.

Rest assured however that your despicable behavior has absolutely no influence on my continued determination to serve the bitcoin community with honesty.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:48:11 AM

Don't feel sorry for me.  Feel sorry for yourself.  You are the one with the failed business.
Yours is not a legitimate business.  It is a sham.  'trustworthy services'?  'Honesty'?  You can write it a 1000 times more and it won't change the facts that your operations are not.

I don't discuss my business with random whiny forumites for the same reason I don't discuss quantum physics with my golden retriever, neither is mentally equipped to understand the very basics of the subject at hand.

I am merely sharing with my peers my experience trying to open an account on your website.

Which basically boils down to "the coffee didn't come with a temperature warning, I therefore burnt myself. I am angry about it and demand that someone pays attention to my whining".

Some idiot name 'devout' - got real smart and snappy

Don't hate your betters, learn a lesson.
The lesson is : "please" works better than dumb threats when you're seeking assistance.

I learned the service isn't an actual functioning serious business

You apparently did not learn anything here, however you did demonstrate your inability to distinguish a fast-food from a correctly operated money service business. You're not ordering fries here, you're requesting an account to be opened in your name with a licensed financial insitution performing legally required checks and correct due diligence on their new business relationships.

After 10 days now, the 'verification process' is still not complete when you advertise between 24 - 48 hours

Sit down, make yourself a cup of tea. Now think, think harder. Good! You just realized there may be a connection between this fact and your previous request, which was : "close my account".

Your account has been closed, your data archived. You have been blacklisted and will be refused service from now on.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: