Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:02:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World's First brick and mortar retailer who now SELLS AND BUYS BITCOIN FOR CASH  (Read 11940 times)
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:07:35 PM

It has happened....

I just broke the news about 30 minutes ago, live on  The Bitcoin Show.... on http://OnlyOneTV.com

The World's First ( to our knowledge ), brick and mortar retailer who now SELLS AND BUYS BITCOIN FOR CASH....

It's in New York City.

It's called, http://MezeGrill.com

Full Disclosure:   Meze Grill is a sponsor of The Bitcoin Show, and a great friend.   And Meze Grill is one of our favorite restaurants...  for the food...   not just for the Bitcoins.      Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 09:13:43 PM

It has happened....

I just broke the news about 30 minutes ago, live on  The Bitcoin Show.... on http://OnlyOneTV.com

The World's First ( to our knowledge ), brick and mortar retailer who now SELLS AND BUYS BITCOIN FOR CASH....

It's in New York City.

It's called, http://MezeGrill.com

Full Disclosure:   Meze Grill is a sponsor of The Bitcoin Show, and a great friend.   And Meze Grill is one of our favorite restaurants...  for the food...   not just for the Bitcoins.      Smiley

Great news. I'll be up there in 3 weeks and I want that "chicken burrito"

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Danzou

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:16:33 PM

VERY MISLEADING  Angry
BusmasterDMA

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:22:57 PM

I'm curious, are they collecting a state sales tax on bitcoins sold?

Bears.  Beets.  Battlestar Galactica.  Bitcoin.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:28:40 PM

not really a "store" but its still VERY VERY good news. too bad i live in st Louis.  Cry

Disposition

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:29:02 PM

Yes, the current method of transaction is your final bill to mtGox pricing including the .65% fee = your bitcoin total.

Also bruce is a bit late with this, they have been accepting Bitcoins for awhile now; I bought food there about a month ago.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 09:29:37 PM

VERY MISLEADING  Angry

Somewhat inside joke. They actually have Mediterranean food but people believed they were a Mexican restaurant in the beginning.
I don't mean mislead but do intend to go to Mezegrill.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
BusmasterDMA

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:33:55 PM

Yes, the current method of transaction is your final bill to mtGox pricing including the .65% fee = your bitcoin total.
Also bruce is a bit late with this, they have been accepting Bitcoins for awhile now; I bought food there about a month ago.
I think he means to say that they are now acting as an exchange, BTC <==> USD.   I'm wondering if NY state/city sales tax is charged when purchasing BTC with USD.

Disposition

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:36:20 PM

I think he means to say that they are now acting as an exchange, BTC <==> USD.   I'm wondering if NY state/city sales tax is charged when purchasing BTC with USD.

Oh that part I'm not so sure about, I'll ask I suppose the next time I go there.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:38:48 PM

Damn, if I lived in NY I'd go eat there just to support them.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:41:29 PM

Nice! Any more bricks and mortar businesses want to step up to the plate? It would be nice to have one of these on every street corner. Anybody own a chain of pawn shops or Circle K's? Grin
BusmasterDMA

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:45:23 PM

Damn, if I lived in NY I'd go eat there just to support them.
I just sent them an email from their website to let them know I'd be eating there next time I visit NYC.

geek-trader

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:51:40 PM

This would be a great business for UPS stores.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:54:30 PM

This would be a great business for UPS stores.
and check cashing places
BitcoinLocator

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 09:57:13 PM

With bitcoin anyone can be an currency exchange. That's why we created BitcoinLocator, so we could make it easier for people to find exchanges anywhere in the world.

BitcoinLocator

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 10:01:57 PM

Also here's some information we posted about being an individual/brick and mortar exchange for profit:

https://www.bitcoinlocator.com/exchange.htm
LeFBI

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 10:13:17 PM

change it to "New York's First" Wink

If you ever happen to come to Germany, Berlin, there is a restaurant/bar called Room 77 that accepts Bitcoins since 2 months, click. They serve delicious burgers, burritos and quesadillas. joecooin runs this place.

Maybe we should start an international restaurant guide? I have no idea about the other local sub-forums, there might already be more restaurants accepting Bitcoins.
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 10:18:16 PM

Littleshop's computer shop in the Baltimore area also bought and sold bitcoins for a while.  Not sure if they still do it, or if they got any business.  I was tempted to go there when I was in town for railsconf.  He's the same guy who runs http://www.cryptoanarchy.us/
99Percent

Activity: 402

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 10:21:56 PM

Actually I don't think he has to charge sales tax for bitcoins sold if he has been paid with bitcoins for regular business, since he has already collected the sales tax when he sold his food for bitcoins, bitcoins serving as a type of IOU.

I am also doing bitcoins<->mexican pesos in my comic book stores in Mexico, although so far I have only done one transaction for $BTC 1.65

oneforall

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 10:25:53 PM

change it to "New York's First" Wink

If you ever happen to come to Germany, Berlin, there is a restaurant/bar called Room 77 that accepts Bitcoins since 2 months, click. They serve delicious burgers, burritos and quesadillas. joecooin runs this place.

Maybe we should start an international restaurant guide? I have no idea about the other local sub-forums, there might already be more restaurants accepting Bitcoins.

It is a restaurant that accepts btc for food, but that is old news. the new news is that it is now also a currency exchange between BTC and USD. does room 77 do both as well? sell food and provide an exchange service?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: