Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus B250 mining expert issues  (Read 79 times)
366Cobra (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:06:03 PM

Hi,
when i add 4 RX580 cards, then all is ok, and the rig runs fine.
when i add a 5th RX580 card, it only shows a black screen with the cursor blinking at the top left, no BIOS messages.
Has anyone experienced and maybe have a solution for this?  do i need a special setting in the BIOS?
I am using the 4 cards in the first block of slots, have the latest BIOS and the PSU is 1500W, so will easily run it.

Also, do i "have" to connect another PSU, if I want to run more than 6 cards?
The PSU should run more at least 8, according to my calculations.
towfer018

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:59:05 PM

same here, having problems after the windows update
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

I am not miner but I think Linus OS will mine better than Windows, because they optimize the utilization of hardware power. Who tried?
Roxterrio

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:08:48 PM

Hi,
when i add a 5th RX580 card, it only shows a black screen with the cursor blinking at the top left, no BIOS messages.
Has anyone experienced and maybe have a solution for this?  do i need a special setting in the BIOS?
I am using the 4 cards in the first block of slots, have the latest BIOS and the PSU is 1500W, so will easily run it.

Please update us if you were able to solve this issue, this would be helpful to the community
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:13:06 PM

Hi,

In terms of the PSU qustion, it depends in part as to what cpu you have, what quality psu you have and any over volt/over clocking.
My advice would be to read a power meter like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/KKmoon-Digital-Electricity-Electric-Monitoring-White/dp/B01GPUSOXI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527451907&sr=8-4&keywords=power+meter

Then you will know what you are actually drawing and you can work out at what point you need another PSU. You can also work out where your PSU is operating on it's efficiency curve which will be interesting too

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: