Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So I got a hotdog stand accepting bitcoin at the school trade fair...  (Read 4536 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 06:51:55 PM

Gotta take a nap. I hope when I wake that their 1Hdog... address is still in use, for I've got a plan for them lads.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ch33s3mast3r (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:53:51 PM

That is really really cool. Thanks for sharing and helping spread the word about BTC
Not a problem Smiley

How much were the hotdogs?

What's the address so that I can buy a virtual hotdog (seriously) since the stand is now closed?
They were selling them for $2 NZD in fiat or BTC0.008.
Their address is 1EMn38NTVTugkaoe1VjgEh1sKq2vDqyDXZ

Curious: https://blockchain.info/address/1HDogb4RXd7kmR3GHqw94KzTqEammAEbKj

Kinda matches the QR Code on the table.

Are you sure the 1EM... address isn't yours and you purchased 2 Hot Dogs via the 1HDog... address? I can easily see how you can make an honest mistake seeing that 1EM... is similar to 1HDog, especially if two bucks is about to be transferred to purchase a virtual hot dog.

The QR on the table ( https://i.imgur.com/Lf3hXZw.png ) includes the price of 0.008btc. The last transaction on the address was moving the funds to my brother, my demo transactions (for curious staff) back to myself (1AP2/1GusS2) and the remainder to 1HDog which will be exchanged for NZD and given to the other 3 members of the group who wanted cash.

Fair enough, bud. Is the IHDog... address still accessible, meaning if funds are sent there, they would be able to have access to them, for I prefer that address and not for ANY concerns about ANY nefarious activities. I have something up my sleeve I think them boys would get a kick out of it.

Yep, the 1hdog address is still accessible, It's linked to my brother's blockchain account.
inform

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 06:57:12 PM

My brother and his friends decided to run a hotdog stand for my school's trade fair so I mentioned to him that he could accept bitcoin as payment. He seemed pretty keen on the idea so I helped him set up a wallet and print a QR code. Here's the results!

The stand
https://i.imgur.com/ZCVSgXth.jpg

The payment setup

The result
https://i.imgur.com/JFtaftZh.jpg

I ended up buying 2 myself, got some teachers and other students set up with wallets and sold them some bitcoin cheaply to try it out. I gave out exchange urls and quite a few people expressed interest in 'getting into it more'.
As an added bonus, the commerce department at school want me to do a presentation on bitcoin later this month (If anyone has suggestions on topics to cover that would be awesome).

Quite a productive day Grin

Cry
 Kiss
 Grin
 Wink
 Cheesy

Hmmm....

i Rusia
but i think Bitcoins in bag this Girl?)

Big Buritos in this
 Cool
 Wink

Ahahaha!!!!!!!

Roll Eyes

Nice!

You Awsome guy!

Make my morning in cold Rusia positive Wink
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:01:34 PM

good job! I could really see bitcoin being good for the youth. I remember when I was a young teen, I would have loved to find a way to get paid online, but it was so hard without a credit card or bank account.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:26:36 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5ac9182a15f4370cda8a0f74f876aa12de420e534e49de224c9b5148e923a69

Here we go, as promised, $2.00 USD for the very first virtual Hot Dog a la Chicago Style, purchased from some fine lads residing in New Zealand.

Now, who's brave enough to follow my lead, allowing the boys to do whatever they desire with their after-the-sale sales.

I can already taste my next one:

Ch33s3mast3r (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:37:28 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5ac9182a15f4370cda8a0f74f876aa12de420e534e49de224c9b5148e923a69

Here we go, as promised, $2.00 USD for the very first virtual Hot Dog a la Chicago Style, purchased from some fine lads residing in New Zealand.

http://www.seandfrancis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/vdog.jpg

Now, who's brave enough to follow my lead, allowing the boys to do whatever they desire with their after-the-sale sales.

That's awesome! Cheesy I'll let the boys know to check their btc address!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:01:31 PM

I've only begun to be awesome. Whether you or they know it, they're in a unique place and time to further this endeavor to the nth degree.

If I'm not mistaken, there's 3-4 lads having different skill sets that should be able to build and maintain a website, of which I will reimburse for their chosen domain name (a unique one for this endeavor is still available that I would share privately so that it's not taken prematurely).

The purpose of the website is to sell only one product--hot dogs. Hot dogs from around the world, consisting of every imaginable topping, not to mention the myriad of ways various nations present their dogs, i.e. here in the US traditionally they're served on a bun.

No need to worry about sanitation, preparation or shipping, for these would be virtual hot dogs, purchased only with Bitcoin at a cost of $2.00 USD/NZD/AUD/CAN (the purity is close enough). For other currencies, a nice round number as close to $2.00 (pick one) as possible would suffice. The bottom line, each and every currency in the world will be represented on their website, but again they'll only accept BTC.

As the website grows and gains traction, it'll be continually update with images of international hot dogs that they've actually cooked/build themselves, then photograph.

I'm not done yet!

Let's say I order a German hot dog, known locally as the frankfurter, from the website, depicted similarly to the below.

Once paid, a short video appears, whereupon I'll view some cute Fräulein presenting me my order, bringing it all the way up to the camera, and speaking in her native tongue something to the effect, "Enjoy your meal."

Obtaining the videos would be no problem either, for I've got a plan that involves having the female/male/other servers submitting footage free of charge. More on that later if this idea comes to fruition.

Assuming you're the older brother, you would be in position to manage these lads as they get to travel around the world, known on the Hot Dog Guys (close to the moniker I have in mind).

Here's the beautiful part of the whole idea: It'll cost no upfront monies what-so-ever. All they would have to do is commit.
Ch33s3mast3r (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:17:32 AM

I've only begun to be awesome. Whether you or they know it, they're in a unique place and time to further this endeavor to the nth degree.

If I'm not mistaken, there's 3-4 lads having different skill sets that should be able to build and maintain a website, of which I will reimburse for their chosen domain name (a unique one for this endeavor is still available that I would share privately so that it's not taken prematurely).

The purpose of the website is to sell only one product--hot dogs. Hot dogs from around the world, consisting of every imaginable topping, not to mention the myriad of ways various nations present their dogs, i.e. here in the US traditionally they're served on a bun.

No need to worry about sanitation, preparation or shipping, for these would be virtual hot dogs, purchased only with Bitcoin at a cost of $2.00 USD/NZD/AUD/CAN (the purity is close enough). For other currencies, a nice round number as close to $2.00 (pick one) as possible would suffice. The bottom line, each and every currency in the world will be represented on their website, but again they'll only accept BTC.

As the website grows and gains traction, it'll be continually update with images of international hot dogs that they've actually cooked/build themselves, then photograph.

I'm not done yet!

Let's say I order a German hot dog, known locally as the frankfurter, from the website, depicted similarly to the below.

http://www.saags.com/pc/catalog/frankfurtercatagory_1005_large.jpg

Once paid, a short video appears, whereupon I'll view some cute Fräulein presenting me my order, bringing it all the way up to the camera, and speaking in her native tongue something to the effect, "Enjoy your meal."

Obtaining the videos would be no problem either, for I've got a plan that involves having the female/male/other servers submitting footage free of charge. More on that later if this idea comes to fruition.

Assuming you're the older brother, you would be in position to manage these lads as they get to travel around the world, known on the Hot Dog Guys (close to the moniker I have in mind).

Here's the beautiful part of the whole idea: It'll cost no upfront monies what-so-ever. All they would have to do is commit.

Sounds awesome! I'll chat to my brother about it when I get home Cheesy
inform

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 02:18:59 AM

Yeah sounds very good  Tongue Shocked Roll Eyes
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 05:58:31 AM

This is a definite + because dead skin cells don't end up on the food, but of course touching money and then the hotdog kind of ruins the point(unless of course Bitcoin is used in which case..less diseases!).
+1 for Bitcoin, you're a genius, I never even thought about this aspect...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: