Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:47:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Hotels to Surprise World Cup Fans with Bitcoin Payments  (Read 213 times)
GreenishCoin (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:12:25 PM

Football Fans will be able to pay with bitcoin for their accommodation when they visit Russia for this year’s World Cup. Hotels in Kaliningrad, expecting guests from eight countries, are partnering with a local payment provider to offer the service. Booking a room for the day when England plays Belgium will cost approx. $300 in fiat.

PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:40:50 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 01:38:26 AM by PauloLuks

Football Fans will be able to pay with bitcoin for their accommodation when they visit Russia for this year’s World Cup. Hotels in Kaliningrad, expecting guests from eight countries, are partnering with a local payment provider to offer the service. Booking a room for the day when England plays Belgium will cost approx. $300 in fiat.
This is great news. An event like the World Cup will bring an incredible exposure to Bitcoin. It's a big step for Bitcoin to be recognized as world standard currency. What an amazing news.  I expect that some people and the media will cover this huge boost for Bitcoin.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:34:45 PM

Interesting as it may seem but it may not be getting any attention it needs. Nevertheless, this shows that the Russian government isn't really strict about cryptocurrencies being used in their country as long as it's legitimate. This could also create some kind of positive publicity if in case some people watching the said tourney would actually pay in bitcoins and for the promotion not to finish in vain.

The Olympics would also be a great event to get this crypto promotions up and running, as there'd be numerous people attending the saud event for sure.

AntonDrobot

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:38:10 PM

Speaking specifically about Russia, you can buy air tickets and food for bitcoins in Russia.
AntonDrobot

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:39:24 PM

And although in peripheral cities it is unlikely to convince the seller of a used car or a manicurist to accept an exotic coin, in capitals in narrow circles this kind of calculations has circulation. In particular, clubs of bitcoin fans and IT workers are ready to accept such payment
Jerrycryptofield

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:27:28 AM

This is fantastic news. World cup is a huge event. This will get bigger attention. Good for Bitcoin. I hope some people will get back their trust on Bitcoin. Thanks for sharing the News. Appreciate it.
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:35:07 AM

Yes, this is very interesting news and a very good commercial solution. I think the crypto world needs more of this kind of action.  Smiley

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:06:56 AM

Great news for bitcoin, and also for good sports betting platforms like WAGERR who will probably have their product released in time for some privacy based betting. We can expect another pump during those months. Russia is a crypto friendly country so bitcoin and ethereum are likely to get promoted during the games.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:21:36 AM

Nice opportunity, one more reason for me to consider travelling abroad and utilize my bitcoin holdings. It is certainly a good news for the bitcoin community that new places are accepting bitcoin payments as it will increase the awareness about bitcoins.

However, this can also come with some problems. What about the price functions ? Think about doing advance booking at current bitcoin rates and then he is asked to pay more at time of arrival due to prices changing. It can also affect the Hotel revenue in case there is major drop in bitcoin prices.

Easteregg69

Activity: 1448
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:24:03 AM

Russia is testing missiles in my backyard. I will keep my distance till they gain sanity.

Not a word about hand grenade sized nuclear weapons.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:28:53 AM

and they keep on spreading the FUD that Russia has banned bitcoin Cheesy

in any case one of the best news have always been this kind of news about real adoption of bitcoin as a currency and this one is double good news because it is not only real use case of bitcoin but also it is going to involve tourists and bitcoin is always best when you use it as a tourist so you don't have to worry about converting your money into foreign currency and don't have to worry about security of carrying large amounts of money around.

Only Bitcoin
Easteregg69

Activity: 1448
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:32:43 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 10:42:52 AM by Easteregg69

Show me a total ban of nukes and i will consider buying a lollipop.

PS: Have a ball while you are at it! ;-)

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:49:49 AM

Speaking specifically about Russia, you can buy air tickets and food for bitcoins in Russia.

Was not aware of this at all. Doesn't it cause problems in case of emergency booking ? Since bitcoins take 10-15 minutes to process these days, a lot of tickets will be booked by the time your payment goes through. Is it thus a good option to pay when there are only few tickets left. And what about the food, you eat food,make payment and then wait for 15 minutes for the payment to process ?
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:51:04 AM

This seems a great news for bitcoin owners as well as the players. Because it's coming back on trend with more and more people getting involved in its trading.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:14:17 PM

This one is a good move to promote bitcoin. Usability is very important for bitcoin especially now that most people venture into bitcoin only for gains. If many merchants accept bitcoin as payment, this could boost its popularity. This could actually put in the minds of people that bitcoin is a currency and not an asset. This could help people use their stored bitcoins and keep the bitcoin market mkvkng, not like this that its stagnant because of people holding their coins.

BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:08:33 PM

This is a really great news for crypto fans as they will be able to pay using bitcoin and it is a great exposure because of the world cup and i am really interested to know what their government is planning to come up with when it comes to regulation of digital currencies, i am waiting for the market to recover and hopefully it will happen in a couple of months.
coinlawyer

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:56:40 AM

Well  I`m regarding this as a marketing step only as russian autrhorities don`t make any steps in allowing using crypto before. Otherway they even warned  about criminal penalties for using any crypto as a currency. Would be interesting to see the statistic info about how much BTC was spend during the champ in hotels.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:59:43 AM

The Olympics would also be a great event to get this crypto promotions up and running, as there'd be numerous people attending the saud event for sure.

Olympics is going to be 100 times better than this one because first of all it is in 2020 so there is more time for bitcoin adoption to grow and more merchants start accepting bitcoin and by them we will surely have second layer solutions such as lightning network up and running to have the fast and cheap transactions available. second because it is in Japan. and unlike other countries like Russia, Japanese have adopted bitcoin with open arms.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
mekusproj

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:23:48 AM

This is really a very good news for Bitcoin users because this might potentially lead to an upward price movement and also, its a bold step by the Russian federation to adopt Bitcoin. I believe the acceptance and usage of Bitcoin and other crytocurrencies during and after these games will grow higher around the world and might see increased usage in other international events scheduled for the year. This will off-course boost other crytocurrency's acceptance and bring about different channels for their use like card payment systems. We wait to see how it would be implemented during the worldcup games in Russia.
coinlawyer

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:12:08 PM

Actualy I can share my secret on this forum that I keep the majour part of my whole assets in crypto! But it is not the goal of this keeping. One day in the nearest future I strongly believe that I could use my crypto in every sphere of my life as the most convrenient and the safest
way of payment. And from this moment no one wil take care about the price of BTC in fiat.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: