Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: telegram is now struggling  (Read 167 times)
poiska7662 (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:21:29 PM

as a growth of cryptocurrency user and using telegram as the place were they can talk user has grown population in the telegram. are they gonna ban the crypto topic on telegram? it was mention in this article that they want to move the topic of crypto.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/29/telegram-cryptocurrency-sever-downtime

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:32:47 PM

Telegram is not banning cryptocurrency as indicated in the information i got from the site you provided. They only have a server downtime due to power outage and it affecting just cryptocurrency, but every other users are affected.
Just as the info also says that telegram has been struggling with intermittent downtime for a couple of  hours now, but it is worth noting that some users report being able to connect to the service occasionally.
Telegram founder Pavel Durov has since taken to Twitter to confirm the downtime and to ensure that the company is working on a solution.
So, everything will be back to normal.
Bananiheller

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:52:18 PM

as a growth of cryptocurrency user and using telegram as the place were they can talk user has grown population in the telegram. are they gonna ban the crypto topic on telegram? it was mention in this article that they want to move the topic of crypto.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/29/telegram-cryptocurrency-sever-downtime
It's impossible! Telegrams always pursue a policy of freedom for users. I think that in this messenger there are no such restrictions, and what is written in the article is just a rumor.
Abarov

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

And what are we waiting for the closure of the dialogue even between the narrow collective? If someone in the chat wrote something about crypto currency? But what about privacy?
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:00:29 PM

I also noticed that today the telegram has become very bad to work with, perhaps it is certainly an attack on the telegram server, I think that if such an attack was then Durov would definitely say in his channel, but he did not write anything about it.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:06:29 PM

I doubt this can be true, why limit the freedom of speech.
Why would people even want to keep using telegram in that case?
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:28:43 PM

How true? If they ban crypto topics, their gonna lose thousands of people which is gonna drag them down.
Whybuycrypto

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:37:51 PM

How true? If they ban crypto topics, their gonna lose thousands of people which is gonna drag them down.
No reason to. The crypto community is strong and has a very powerful presence on Telegram.
hannahB4

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:43:26 PM

Just hoping that this won't take place, because all this banning won't be of any help to the crypto world. Just recently google and facebook go on this line follow soot is twitter going through the line just can't wait to forget all this and don't hinder anything in the crypto world.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:14:18 PM

Telegram cant be banned. Topics also imo, crypto or something else. Only if we are talking about web version and only in that case if your country will decide to ban its website.
But ban an application - it will be much more harder, they will need to make request to appstore or google play market to delist it.
And also remember that for android users - google play is not the only way to download applications, they can download it direct from the internet.
And also desktop - same way, downloading from web site. So it will be very hard to ban telegram and make alll its users find another messenger Smiley

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Chuokie

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:21:57 PM

ah? So what's the reason this communication was created in the first place? It is not like a public page that would bother all people using the service if you don't want to be disturbed you can just leave the group chat, that's easy if they ban group that discus cryptos and they like, I don't think that any individual would use their service, if they want to fee then its normal to implement, since system need maintenance too.
kaya11

Activity: 1330
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:29:20 PM

I also noticed that today the telegram has become very bad to work with, perhaps it is certainly an attack on the telegram server, I think that if such an attack was then Durov would definitely say in his channel, but he did not write anything about it.

If there was really an attack then he won't probably tell the public, If I am the CEO I would probably secure the image of my company so that's why we are not hearing any bad news about it. Unlike social media  banning crypto, I bet their incomes have gone bad and concluded to ban ads in promoting ICO. Well this was just pure opinions and not by any compact source, you might as well disregard but we are all free to say what ever we want. I felt that it this was really coming and maybe a lot more like limiting users of post or tweets everyday, well just my intuitions.

weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

Telegram has held ICO this year, so why would they ban crypto? On the opposite, they are into it and support its development.

Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

Pavel Durov against any bans, Russia was trying to pressure him and was away sent. There will be no prohibition of cryptocurrency there. They released their own cryptocurrency and it would be foolish to prohibit it from themselves.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:33:16 PM

Telegram is an excellent program, but it works fine only for small groups, no more than 20-30 people. More than these numbers, messages are lost in chaos and it becomes useless.

stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:36:06 PM

hopefully not forbid, but to give full support, that's my hope
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

Pavel Durov against any bans, Russia was trying to pressure him and was away sent. There will be no prohibition of cryptocurrency there. They released their own cryptocurrency and it would be foolish to prohibit it from themselves.
Was supposed to say the same thing too which if they do already have the views on banning crypto then they wont really tend or plan to create their own tokens.Its just really a senseless thing to think off that they would gonna ban themselves.On what purpose that they do create their own coin? This is just really a misundertanding or misinterpretation towards OP's claims, maybe they are experiencing issues but would really be just on technical aspects.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:38:52 PM

It's normal that telegram begins to have these problems, it's an application that is increasingly known and used, not only by the users of cryptocurrencies. The increase in the number of users makes the servers fall because they can't support so much volume.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:47:23 PM

The last time i used telegram to get updates about crypto, all i saw that it was filled with spammers and spambot. They actually exceeded the total number of real users. And most them were pump and dump groups and some even promoted shaddy and scammy shits. They actually had poor regulations. Not sure how they are now. Hope they improved.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:52:38 PM

No No No!It's not gonna happen.Telegram always stand for the freedom of the user.They are not gonna Ban crypto topic.Also, they are coming soon in the crypto list. They are not gonna do it.It is one of the biggest platforms for crypto.Maybe they would take some restriction but not gonna ban.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: