Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the release of a new ASIC for mining Eth a good thing for its price?  (Read 175 times)
Donovan XXL (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

It is said that a powerful ASIC for mining ETH will be available soon.
I know nothing about mining so what kind of of impact do you guys think it will have on the price of Ethereum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:19:49 AM

No because those ASIC miners will be useless by December, 2018. Ethereum will be switching to their new PoS system called Casper, remember?

It will also be a losing investment by Bitmain and the rest of the ETH ASIC producers, if you ask me.
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:05:08 AM

I doubt about the news there will be asic miner for eth. Ethereum as far as i know is asic proof because of DAG. But if someone created asoc miner for ethereum it will be obsolete or no one want to buy it. Because people will choose staking their ethereum then mining it.
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:34:06 AM

No because those ASIC miners will be useless by December, 2018. Ethereum will be switching to their new PoS system called Casper, remember?

It will also be a losing investment by Bitmain and the rest of the ETH ASIC producers, if you ask me.

I doubt about the news there will be asic miner for eth. Ethereum as far as i know is asic proof because of DAG. But if someone created asoc miner for ethereum it will be obsolete or no one want to buy it. Because people will choose staking their ethereum then mining it.

If such ASIC would be created, which would be good for ETH, it would be loaded with RAM and DRAM.
But not only ETH uses memory intensive mining, so I dont think the investment into such ASIC would be a bad idea.
Even if ETH would switch to PoS, there are other coins to be mined with such an asic, like:
VTC, ETH, XMR, GRS, FTC, AEON, Zencash, Btcz, DMD, NAV, and might be others (these are the ones I found).
While it is true, that ETH might switch to PoS, but there are plenty of other options to mine with a memory-stuffed ASIC.

Note: I only found one rig, Bitmain F3 ASIC Miner, it will come out in 2018 Q2.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

Is there even value mining Eth at these prices? would want to hope you've got free power.
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:16:19 PM

You are partially right.

Yes, we are losing nvestment by Bitmain and the rest. What I read is that 3 smaller players soon will be ready with their own ETH ASICs.
But after Dec, you will be able to mine many other coins after the POS ETH switch. If ETH switch to POS...

I think the price will goes up because the ETH ASICs will introduce many new players into the mining scene.
iryboy

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

I know nothing about mining so what kind of of impact do you guys think it will have on the price of Ethereum?

They have maximum time by December 2018 after that it'll be not possible to mine as previously. I don't think so people will risk their money for the short  period of  time.

aceptamosbitcoin2

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:08:02 PM

You are partially right.

Yes, we are losing nvestment by Bitmain and the rest. What I read is that 3 smaller players soon will be ready with their own ETH ASICs.
But after Dec, you will be able to mine many other coins after the POS ETH switch. If ETH switch to POS...

I think the price will goes up because the ETH ASICs will introduce many new players into the mining scene.
ATTENTION

the user aceptamosbitcoin
is using my account without permission, is a troll

ignoring their lies and links are a scam

I spent a few weeks without entering the forum, and when this user came in I stole the account. I am with messages to the owners of the forum but I have no way to have an answer.

deliver my now liar account
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:26:03 PM

Might not be good for its price but will more likely result in excellent buy opportunities.
SPINPIX

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:05:40 PM

i don't think it will a good thing for the price, it will be harder for gpu miner to mine and it will become like bitcoin mining, all concentrated in china in the hands of few people. as a gamer it's a good news because maybe the gpu price will start do decrease

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:21:25 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 10:31:27 PM by toptek

If such ASIC would be created, which would be good for ETH, it would be loaded with RAM and DRAM.
But not only ETH uses memory intensive mining, so I dont think the investment into such ASIC would be a bad idea.
Even if ETH would switch to PoS, there are other coins to be mined with such an asic, like:
VTC, ETH, XMR, GRS, FTC, AEON, Zencash, Btcz, DMD, NAV, and might be others (these are the ones I found).
While it is true, that ETH might switch to PoS, but there are plenty of other options to mine with a memory-stuffed ASIC.

Please explain how Destroying mining is a good thing ....? ....  I'm willing to bet your reply is like the Republican's reply here in the US for healthcare , schools etc which is not good for any one but them or your self , ASIC miner will always be bad unless they lower the price of the miners an share the wealth So everyone can enjoy it, there is plenty to go around,they make more money then they will ever need or use in a life time .......

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:51:09 AM

I agree with toptek's comment above. ASIC mining for ETH will centralize its mining process and give ASIC companies like Bitmain more power and it will have some capacity to effect Ethereum's development.
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:52:53 AM

Please explain how Destroying mining is a good thing ....? ....  I'm willing to bet your reply is like the Republican's reply here in the US for healthcare , schools etc which is not good for any one but them or your self , ASIC miner will always be bad unless they lower the price of the miners an share the wealth So everyone can enjoy it, there is plenty to go around,they make more money then they will ever need or use in a life time .......

I agree with all you though. Those are who love asic mining is destroying the mining and make mining is not fair. They will definately reply your comment like republicans. Asic miner will only for asic factory and we are as a user will never get our invesment back unleash the price skyrocket which impossible when asic mining is out.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:35:20 AM

Naah I don't think it is good for decentralization. Anyway Ethereum will will move to proof of stake model soon. Anyway I want to know what has stopped bitmain from making a ASIC miner for eth till know . Are there any technical difficulties?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: