Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 05:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase, GDAX and Binance Users are receiving Phishing Emails!  (Read 110 times)
Coincado (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 08:23:39 PM

Exchange users are receiving phishing emails related to the recent ERC20 Support.
https://youtu.be/fu-zSp0f0Ew

Those scam emails are extremely well made!
I included some safety tips in the video, I hope it helps 👍
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 3874

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:13:32 AM

These kinds of scams has existed like forever; and I really don't know how people still carelessly fall for it. Like what the hell. Always double check the URL, ladies and gentlemen. Scammy URLs are almost always something like "blinance.coml" or "colnbasa.comi" or something. it doesn't take a computer or internet security expert to detect these stuff.

Curated Crypto Airdrop Database
PowerLaunch
Copper Member

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

www.PowerLaunch.io

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 07:09:11 AM

These kinds of scams has existed like forever; and I really don't know how people still carelessly fall for it. Like what the hell. Always double check the URL, ladies and gentlemen. Scammy URLs are almost always something like "blinance.coml" or "colnbasa.comi" or something. it doesn't take a computer or internet security expert to detect these stuff.

They aren't always so blatant, sometimes they are very subtle, like the one below:

hypev2

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:04:37 AM

They aren't always so blatant, sometimes they are very subtle, like the one below:

Yes, this one was a nasty one. I know some guys who fell for it sadly. That's why you must use bookmarks to access these sites. I have bookmarked and also my password manager won't show a match unless the site URL is exactly same, so I have two ways to verify that I am on the correct site.

Also, NEVER click an email link from the exchange, ignore the link visit the Exchange using your usual method and do what ever you want. If you are unsure, visit the Telegram group/twitter to verify that the email is legit.

Be safe guys!

CryptoMaze ~ cryptomaze.io ~
Trusted ICO Marketing and Bounty Management Firm. (https://cryptomaze.io)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: