Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black market owner shuts down, takes BTC with him  (Read 1582 times)
bits4books (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:54:44 AM

I just came across this and thought I'd share since I haven't seen anything about it posted here.

Can't believe the audacity of this scum, but maybe it's a much needed lesson for all of the users who didn't learn it the first time..

Here's the owner's post:

Well mates, I am saddened to say goodbye. When I created P: BF, my intent was pure and I wanted to help the community. Several days ago I begin implementing code changes to freeze funds and dump them to myself. I was unable to cope with the stress and constant demand, so I panicked. I am sorry for my actions, but with the funds I gathered from the site, I will be able to keep myself from being homeless for the next several months. I will always remember those that made this possible.
The servers will shortly be turned off. Please make migrate to the new Silk Road forums. http://silkroad5v7dywlc.onion
Keyboard DPK and Ganja are not me. They did not know this happened, and were kept in the dark just like everyone else. Please do not hold my actions against them.
I have let a lot of people down, including myself. I put hundreds of hours into this site and forum, and never wanted to see it end up this way.
As of now, I will no longer be using the name MettaDPR, nor will I be signing into the forums or site. The forum servers will be going down in week or so; the market will be going down within the next few days.
Abandon ship.
-MettaDPR

A user then followed up with this:

I know everything.
I know who you are. More specifically, I know your consumer IP address, your name, your age, and your place of birth. You have not configured your Tor correctly, by the way.
I was able to gain access to the server shortly after you put it up.
I know you used an Ubuntu machine running Apache 2.2.22 on port 4986, binded to 127.0.0.1. Binding to localhost doesn't magically solve all your security problems, by the way.
I know you used an outdated version of phpMyAdmin to access the PBF database and perform searches and maintenance tasks. I know had set up a crontab to periodically curl http://ajd4yqq7ngzmqo3p.onion/cron.php. I know you also set up testing scripts on multiple occasions, at http://ajd4yqq7ngzmqo3p.onion/tt.php (PHPCoinAddress test) and http://ajd4yqq7ngzmqo3p.onion/ttt.php (pathetic code with a very insecure method of "tumbling" coins).
More importantly, I know you exported the "sr" database in phpMyAdmin right before the purge. And I know you backed up www.tar.gz to http://ajd4yqq7ngzmqo3p.onion/www.tar.gz. Unfortunately for you, both of these dumps are in my possession.
I recorded all transfers you sent through the bitcoind RPC interface. I have not yet filtered these transactions but it should not be difficult.
Some of the addresses: - 1ABkVAMaLZZFZ4w4zWqTYZnLZBXTfYLKBh - 19YrMzTFJBBvDpv43Bi9nbTPewY7jLqdTK - 1PfDu6ki4XLd7TPBJjih6wY3yzyBaG1h6N - 15Bvuuzu4LtaDc5HKHzK4YCK8TqEftgRVR - 14YpbZ49oqq6pss28WJnjBvQDXhNSGrYXL - 1Ns3GvhgeP8uK6ht3xzZC64xUaZVwygX2y
The database dump I downloaded contains these tables: - orders - users - market - items - messages - navigation - wallets - feedback - bonds - bookmarks
You have 24 hours to respond to this post. If this post is deleted, I will take it personally.

After the deadline he followed with this, and the general consensus seems to be he's a phony:

The deadline was not met. I will undertake appropriate actions over the next 48 hours. I am still going through the aprox. 1,719 private messages in the database.
I have forwarded most transaction records to the appropriate authorities, as well as the website source code and database dump. The database dump also contained 181 orders/escrows, of which at least approximately 3/4 contained unencrypted names and addresses. All Bitcoin deposit and withdrawal records has been forwarded to an agency which I will not name.
Let this serve as a warning to the pathetic anarchist scum out there, terrorizing the Internet with your drug cancer. The number of drug-related overdoses and homicides has spiked in the past decade. The Internet is not a place for junkies to score drugs.

Pretty interesting, and hopefully a valuable lesson to all those still transacting post SR. My apologies if this has already been posted anywhere.

Amazed people even trusted a single Satoshi on this, but then again, humanity never ceases to amaze me..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:23:49 AM

Just to clarify, it's Project: Black Flag where this has happened.  Your title probably gave a few Black Market Reloaded users a heart attack (BMR had a few problems recently with a code leak).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

Amazed people even trusted a single Satoshi on this, but then again, humanity never ceases to amaze me..

Not amazed, that is the natural course of any Bitcoin related venture.

I can't wait till bitpay does it.
LHB

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:51:00 PM

you forgot the best part, the subject line of the original post letting people know their funds were stolen by admin.

Never trust a Pirate...........................................................
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:06:21 PM

Never trust a Pirate...........................................................

That's a shame. Real pirates mostly stole from government ships and allowed most crews to pass unmolested if they didn't put up a fight.

Real pirates had Arrrrrnor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: