Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The new Bitcoin ATM wants a palm print in order for a user to witdraw/convert BTC...
Thats fine ! im fine with that ok OK ! {twitch}
Its a reasonable request after all BTC has been associated with illegal activity. ...
Palm scan malm scan ! pffft wait until you see the automated semen specimen variant !
....from my cold dead palms.
Live free or die.
This is bullish because if people will palm scan it shows they really LIKE Bitcoin !

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking to Record your palm print to withdraw Bitcoin - Vote  (Read 4854 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:27:10 AM

Link to stories
http://rt.com/news/first-bitcoin-atm-canada-932/

Id be interested to hear your opinions.

Video

http://rt.com/in-motion/canada-first-bitcoin-atm-958/

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:32:51 AM

Lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:05:45 AM

http://youtu.be/ULqot90RWL4

A guy pranking to see if people would accept a body scan to enter a candy store.

Not sure if ATM is prank ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 12:15:33 PM

It's due to Canada's laws. Most likely this won't be used in many other countries..

Any Canadians in the house ?   

Want to extrapolate on the biometric scan to use ATM law ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 10:05:51 AM

hmm Money laundering you say........

bumping until Vlad comes on here an writes something insane about Jesuits.

Insanity levels are way down on this sub forum.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
just_me

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:30:59 AM

People who accuse of 'money laundering' are perhaps money launderers themselves, or are using that
as some kind of smokescreen, while they have other secret agendas that are beneficial to themselves or their
associates.

From what I see in the poll results, it looks like we really don't like the scanning of the palm thing.

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 11:11:31 AM

People who accuse of 'money laundering' are perhaps money launderers themselves, or are using that
as some kind of smokescreen, while they have other secret agendas that are beneficial to themselves or their
associates.

From what I see in the poll results, it looks like we really don't like the scanning of the palm thing.

like, did anyone even ask where it gets recorded - or by whom ?

I'm sure that's all in the T and C of use ?

maybe it flashes up for a few seconds ?

RoboCoin ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:15:27 AM

It's due to Canada's laws. Most likely this won't be used in many other countries..

Regardless if it is, what's the issue? Even if they didn't I expect wherever the machine is located will have a raft of cameras around it and the surrounding area so your anonymity is never going to be that safe.

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 03:25:42 PM

Further proof that MY COUNRTY SUCKS !

My apologies goes out to the Crypto community and to the World.

Forgive them. For they are redneck, UK/USA's bottom bitch, TV brainwashed, prescription junkie alcoholic pervs. They know not what they do.

Francisco

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:31:32 PM

These are the KYC (Know Your Client) laws that are being implemented at all entrances and exits of the cryptocurrency ecosystem because they know they cannot control the actual P2P system.  As much as I don't like it we MUST operate within these laws if we want physical avenues to exist in these countries to allow people access to the system.  That said what is stopping you from enlisting people to make the deposit for you and them handing over the wallet/password when they walk away from the ATM?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:56:20 PM

I think that I've read something about some money laundering law, hence the 3k $ limit.
<- Canadian
I've never heard of somthing so damn intrusive, sounds like something Harper thought of.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 04:05:51 PM

These are the KYC (Know Your Client) laws that are being implemented at all entrances and exits of the cryptocurrency ecosystem because they know they cannot control the actual P2P system.  As much as I don't like it we MUST operate within these laws if we want physical avenues to exist in these countries to allow people access to the system.  That said what is stopping you from enlisting people to make the deposit for you and them handing over the wallet/password when they walk away from the ATM?

yeah of course nothing ..

and to tell you truth , i had a wider theory on the complications of technology in relation to the organization of information, but that aside.

I think the "NSA" {all the groups across the globe} ended up agreeing with my wider theory and this is why we are starting to see from the late 90's really intrusive technology.

becasue i think you will find at a point , {kind of like monetary measurements} the technology caused a loss of organization due to it creating parallel problems.

thus , at a point the whole objective would have been confused, and information vastly duplicated and crossed.

but this ....

its still pretty retarded.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 04:59:12 PM

I think that I've read something about some money laundering law, hence the 3k $ limit.
<- Canadian
I've never heard of somthing so damn intrusive, sounds like something Harper thought of.

More like soon after BTC's devs had their sit downs with the CIA/ big gov.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.0

We have become the test market.

nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 05:56:43 PM

Direct from the owners behind the ATM's

“It’s to protect us and our business personally, just in case there is any fraud,” he said, “As well, if FINTRAC does decide to regulate Bitcoin businesses in the future, we’re just being proactive and following any guidelines that would be required of us. The banks require us to be proactive and follow the anti-money laundering guidelines that FINTRAC does put on money services businesses.”

Which was in reply to:

companies that deal in Bitcoin cannot be considered money services businesses under the current terms of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.

As he said, money is defined as the “currency of a country”. Bitcoin belongs not to any one country, but to the Internet.

If any Canadian Bitcoin dealer were to facilitate the transaction of the digital currency into American dollars or euros, they would then be considered a money services business and would need to register with FINTRAC.

So they don't technically have to, but are anyways, to be proactive.   At the end of the day, its likely 99% of the 'mass market' that everyone wants crypto to reach isn't going to care about this palm scan.  Those of you here that do, know of plenty of other ways to get bitcoins.   Its drummed up a lot of news, and is an easy to use entry point for 'the masses' to see/get btc.  Thats a great thing.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 06:10:01 PM

Digitalbro,

This is what I've been shouting about from the rooftops for 6 months, only to be called insane.  People can't see there is nothing anonymous and nothing secret about Bitcoin and digital money in general.

It is laughable.

Bitcoin is a government and banking ruse.  Is a game to get everyone to embrace digital money at any Costco.

It feeds off the greed and stupidity of people.

And it will not fail - it will succeed, as all the powers of the world are behind it.

And this is why I'm 100% certain of things like a Bitcoin ETF and $1,000+ price next year and mass global adoption by 2015.

Remember, today we are at less than 1%.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 08:01:26 AM

Digitalbro,

This is what I've been shouting about from the rooftops for 6 months, only to be called insane.  People can't see there is nothing anonymous and nothing secret about Bitcoin and digital money in general.

It is laughable.

Bitcoin is a government and banking ruse.  Is a game to get everyone to embrace digital money at any Costco.

And it will not fail - it will succeed, as all the powers of the world are behind it.

And this is why I'm 100% certain of things like a Bitcoin ETF and $1,000+ price next year and mass global adoption by 2015.

Yeah i hear you Vlad and it's hard to argue when retards like this company are doing things like this...

And then to hear that they didn't even need to actually record the biometric , so that is to imply it wasn't even a requirement, they just "felt like it would be a good idea" ? to be forward thinking ?

But lets put some things in perspective , most government legislation is well intentioned for example the statement on the ETF is about protecting shareholders , more likely i'd look at things like this a  a joke being pulled by the company .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Radelderth

Activity: 202

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:32:23 AM

No please, I don't want people chopping off my hand in the middle of the night...

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 08:37:56 AM

The Pros And Cons Of Being A Hand ModelCarrie

http://www.xovain.com/nails/hand-modeling

how do you think these guys feel ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 07:12:20 PM

Digitalbro,

It is laughable.

Yeah i hear you Vlad and it's hard to argue when retards like this company are doing things like this...

And then to hear that they didn't even need to actually record the biometric , so that is to imply it wasn't even a requirement, they just "felt like it would be a good idea" ? to be forward thinking ?

But lets put some things in perspective , most government legislation is well intentioned for example the statement on the ETF is about protecting shareholders , more likely i'd look at things like this a  a joke being pulled by the company .

You're being a bit naivé.   These jokes are intentionally testing the public's ability and tolerance for more intrusion and theft of privacy and since they're handling it well you can expect this biometric thing will be widespread all over the world and very much a requirement, including here in the land of the not so free.

To help you understand read up on inQtel.  That's the CIA's Venture Capital arm which has invested in start-ups like Google and Facebook.  And if you think it's not possible that they had a hand in helping Bitcoin and now these ATM's then you're being very naivé.

Sit back and watch it unravel, just don't call it a joke or an accident because there's much more planning behind the scenes than you and I can possibly fathom.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
shields

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:41:16 PM

I got the impression the palm scan was just to limit the max amount one person buys in a certain time period (day? month?). The machine doesn't take your name or any other personal details right? If the scans are not linked to anything that IDs you, and are not stored any longer than the time period then is it a big deal?

Can anyone confirm whether the print is intended (or can be used to) link a persons identity to transactions, or whether it's just to try and ensure transactions are by different people?

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: