Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:26:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you in favor or against pools for private sales?  (Read 948 times)
jvper (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:03:53 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 12:09:11 AM by jvper

Ever since ICOs became so damn popular and mainstream, pools like the Crypto Whales Pool started pursuing the best presale deals and sometimes they are the only possible way to have access to the best tokens before exchanges.

On the other hand, some project deny access to pools. Or at least they claim so.

Are you in favor or against pools for private sales?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:18:43 PM

I do like the concept but I think when one would really like to do a scam, It is still possible no matter how many witnesses they called upon still safety cannot be guarranteed. Identities can be faked and stolen. Safety would be I think is when it is not made anonymous which is not the case of cryptocurrencies when it was invented.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:44:08 PM

On my own opinion, Private Sale is never ideal if we're talking about the decentralization and in addition to that it could be too risky to take that if we're on investor side. The seller might run away or in other words scam us. Btw I'm just a noob.
jvper (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:17:08 AM

I do like the concept but I think when one would really like to do a scam, It is still possible no matter how many witnesses they called upon still safety cannot be guarranteed. Identities can be faked and stolen. Safety would be I think is when it is not made anonymous which is not the case of cryptocurrencies when it was invented.

According to game theory scam will not happen if the scammer will surely lose more than win in case he/she scams.
jvper (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:25:28 AM

By the way, more and more ICOs have been cancelled because pools and whales bought all tokens on private presales. Mithril (more than x10 since launch) and OPEN (still to be distributed) are the newest examples.

Some of the top ICOs are only accessed through private sales.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

I preferred the old way of ICOs. No pools. But they exist nowdays and this is a fact I need to deal with, so I we need to adapt. Thanks for the info a a good pool. That's rare nowadays. Lots of scams out there.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:13:58 PM

Bonus tokens for early investors are usually paid pretty generously. But on the other hand, the soft cap is often reached during private sales, so those who contribute later feel much more secure. Anyway, you cannot be safe from scam whether there is private sale or not.

limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:15:42 PM

I agree, but every purchase per investor should be limited and the bonus given should also be low. Purchases must be limited because to avoid monopolies that will be made by individuals, groups or other communities. And the most important thing is that all participants have to go through the KYC process.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

What to do to those people who do not want to disclose their data. The task of the ICO is to collect private investments for the development of projects necessary for people. Why should I Finance regulators? We now have so much bureaucracy that many inventions are left without funding. Governments want to deprive us of the opportunity to Finance the inventions we want.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:30:36 PM

By the way, more and more ICOs have been cancelled because pools and whales bought all tokens on private presales. Mithril (more than x10 since launch) and OPEN (still to be distributed) are the newest examples.

This is a serious problem for ordinary market participants who can not afford to be in any pool. But now the market has a lot of undervalued coins and now this problem is not so acute. If the ICO boom starts again, I do not even know how these ordinary members will behave in order to compete with the pools.
Agat22

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

I am in favor for pools for private sales. There may simply be no other opportunity to participate. Although, of course, in such an organization there are many negative sides. Better would be the possibility of personal participation.
Dimanman113

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:17:10 PM

I participate in the pools. It's easier than most. Moreover, I trust in the choice of ICO the pool in which I participate. They collect for participation in ICO 2$ million for 1 hour. When you go through the pool on PRE-Sale, you get good bonuses! But it is a long time to wait for the tokens, with PRE-Sale to enter the exchange takes a long time.
jvper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:41:01 PM

This is a serious problem for ordinary market participants who can not afford to be in any pool. But now the market has a lot of undervalued coins and now this problem is not so acute. If the ICO boom starts again, I do not even know how these ordinary members will behave in order to compete with the pools.

I believe entering in the pools is actually more affordable than participating in private pre-sales directly. Even though pools do have a minimum contribution size, it is usually below 1 ETH.
lolek_bolek

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:01:04 PM

I think its a good idea to help the small fish get a piece of the good pie.
however with the current state of the market less and less ICO reach hard cap so the needs for pools diminishes. Lately pools are only good for getting higher bonuses if min investment is too high. A good project for this is Ocean pool
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

Ever since ICOs became so damn popular and mainstream, pools like the Crypto Whales Pool started pursuing the best presale deals and sometimes they are the only possible way to have access to the best tokens before exchanges.

On the other hand, some project deny access to pools. Or at least they claim so.

I think that I am in favor of them, why not? If pool is reputable and there is low chance of being scammed or to get refund if it turns out to be unsuccessful then why not. It give you opportunity to invest at lower rates even if you don't have high amount to invest, which is like giving the ordinary people higher chance to profit, not just giving the rich dude the opportunity to pile up more money.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:21:13 PM

It is not a bad thing to participate in pools especially if you cannot meet the minimum contribution required by certain projects. Just have to be careful and invest what you can afford to lose.
Neymar10

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:27:16 PM

Personally, I never used pools yet, since I did not see them in the open access, and I always thought that this is a closed information.  But many projects close their sales due to big players (and pools are also included in this number)  so it's very interesting and I would like to try
jvper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:36:55 PM

Personally, I never used pools yet, since I did not see them in the open access, and I always thought that this is a closed information.  But many projects close their sales due to big players (and pools are also included in this number)  so it's very interesting and I would like to try

Crypto Whales Pool is open.

https://t.me/CryptoWhalesPool_Announcements
https://t.me/CryptoWhalesPool
pujumba

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:46:00 PM

I do think it is unfair, but many ICOs are attempting to combat this type of scheme by having a minimum investment, KYC, and other tactics.

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:54:32 AM

We are not really given a choice anymore. Most good ico's are not even having a crowdsale and sell out at private sale so the only way in is via pools. pools have become a thing to combat whales taking over ico's.

Go Green!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: