Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:47:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you in favor or against pools for private sales?  (Read 948 times)
devilzero

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:50:57 PM

The appearance of a private pool is still an arrangement for the team. In fact, I'm not opposed to doing this. If there is a really strong person to join, I think it is a priority. It doesn't matter much to me. I don't have much investment.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ivo2012

Activity: 68
Merit: 19

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 01:02:21 PM

I have nothing against pools for private sales as long as the projects are honestly telling other investors what discounts they gave them. By giving large discounts and not telling other investors they are hurting new investors.

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
madushanperis11

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

Cryptocurrency is a high risk investment from the beginning. Participating in an ICO brings higher risk than buying in an exchange as you do not know what will happen when the token is released. Private sales is even higher risky business as they impose some rules that you cannot trade them until few months after token release.
jvper (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:05:42 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 09:47:22 PM by jvper

I have nothing against pools for private sales as long as the projects are honestly telling other investors what discounts they gave them. By giving large discounts and not telling other investors they are hurting new investors.

That's the main problem of private sales! It is really "private" there fore we don't know what conditions other people are getting in terms of bonuses and vesting schedules for example. When I organize http://cryptowhalespool.org/ pools I am always concerned about this kind of transparency, or lack thereof.
ivlvov

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:16:54 PM

I do not mind the private pool but I think I think for them should be set but the coin purchase limit. That they could not buy more than half of the coins and thus influence the course of the coin. This would be a fair decision for each ICO.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
jvper (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:18:36 PM

I do not mind the private pool but I think I think for them should be set but the coin purchase limit. That they could not buy more than half of the coins and thus influence the course of the coin. This would be a fair decision for each ICO.

I believe early contributors (private sale participants) should get a bonus but should also be in charge of a bigger commitment. It means they should face a lock-up in my opinion.
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Ever since ICOs became so damn popular and mainstream, pools like the Crypto Whales Pool started pursuing the best presale deals and sometimes they are the only possible way to have access to the best tokens before exchanges.

On the other hand, some project deny access to pools. Or at least they claim so.

Are you in favor or against pools for private sales?
I am against to private sales because  i dont want to be unfair to most of the people,its like you are cheating with the other investors.ICO or initial coin offering should be always in public so that your team members are in public and those investors can be sure that you wont be going to cheat in your own signatures,.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:35:22 PM

Exactly, I personally do not support it in any way. Many private sale I have encountered as given me a bad experience about private. Most developers are using it to scam people, they tell new investors that there is an already conducted sales which will make new investors to rush in to invest. And at the end of the day, it ends up been a scam. 
Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:39:12 PM

Nope, they are more than risky. I hear about a lot of people losing hundreds of dollars worth of ETH because of this kind of classic scams, i am never gonna trust my money to a random guy that we do not even know him.

Ever since ICOs became so damn popular and mainstream, pools like the Crypto Whales Pool started pursuing the best presale deals and sometimes they are the only possible way to have access to the best tokens before exchanges.

On the other hand, some project deny access to pools. Or at least they claim so.

maereglapo

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:51:52 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 08:53:12 PM by maereglapo

Not really i am against with the private sales because i feel being tortured with the rates of these sale,ICOs shouldnt have private sales, pre-ICO and ICO are enough.Dont rely to these private sales because you might need some KYC verifications with these privileges as we all know our IDs might be leaked or sold to the deepweb which i why we shouldnt be participating these KYC thing.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:05:37 AM

Crypto is done in the money world if you need to finally make money and evaluate investments. After all, everyone has a single goal to make money.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 07:17:57 AM

Every action we take in life is for a purpose. I cannot say exactly that I am against or in favour because the Crypto Whales pool serves its purpose to the investors.

HOMT