Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:04:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On the brighter side, ETH difficulty is down.  (Read 704 times)
m.vina (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:06:26 PM

People seem to have shut down their rigs. Maybe a few farms at least.

Latest ETH difficulty chart can confirm:
https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/ethereum-difficulty-chart

Lets celebrate! No merits necessary.  Wink

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:12:05 PM

It's not down at all.

What you are looking at is just some variance.

Give it a week or two and it will probably go to a new high anyways in difficulty.

m.vina (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:16:03 AM

It's not down at all.

What you are looking at is just some variance.

Give it a week or two and it will probably go to a new high anyways in difficulty.

How can you deny it when the chart is right there in front of you? Take a look at the past few months, its never gone down this sharply for this long.
Things are changing. Miners are quitting.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:20:50 AM

How can you deny it when the chart is right there in front of you? Take a look at the past few months, its never gone down this sharply for this long.

Yes, miners are quitting, asics are not. Sadly more than 50% of the hashrate is coming from asics, also right now it shows that the difficulty is going down but you need to understand that bitmain and co will be filling with more asics, so you will not see drop in the hashrate or difficulty for that matter. So for 100 gpus quitting, bitmain adds one asic to cover it for each 100 gpus hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:38:56 AM

Yes, miners are quitting, asics are not. Sadly more than 50% of the hashrate is coming from asics, also right now it shows that the difficulty is going down but you need to understand that bitmain and co will be filling with more asics, so you will not see drop in the hashrate or difficulty for that matter. So for 100 gpus quitting, bitmain adds one asic to cover it for each 100 gpus hehe

I doubt there are alot of eth asics yet, memory is expensive, each chip needs at least 3gb

didf is down bc the people with expensive electric do better by buying eth at this point than mining.

or they are selling thier gpus before prices drop, also ravencoin is more profitable by eth for all brand of cards so ppl are switching
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:42:06 AM

I doubt there are alot of eth asics yet, memory is expensive, each chip needs at least 3gb

Bitmain has as much money as Nvidia right now, dont think money is a concern as far as the return for the asic miners give a return which is the case, the only concern is be in the queue for memory chips.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:58:40 AM

I seen same situation with ETN network, but it recover after 10 hours((((

m.vina (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:23:25 AM

The problem is that until there is a confirmed actual ETH ASIC, all those reports are still only RUMORS. I wouldn't factor them into the equation.

Anyway my point is that ETH difficulty has dropped and most likely won't be rising up again until we see the market value rise up again.

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 04:25:36 AM

Is it confirmed that ethhash is minable with the new asic that i've read in the news before? How come that this asic resistance technology is now invaded with asic? any legitimate information regarding this news.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:33:48 AM

Bitmain has as much money as Nvidia right now, dont think money is a concern as far as the return for the asic miners give a return which is the case, the only concern is be in the queue for memory chips.
thats a good point, they have so much $$ now
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 04:55:19 AM

The problem is that until there is a confirmed actual ETH ASIC, all those reports are still only RUMORS. I wouldn't factor them into the equation.

S7 , S9 , D3, L3, L3+, X3 from Bitmain all come forward as a rumors Smiley For some reason all those rumors become reality ...
I would say its pretty much confirmed ...

also ...
Check that chart a little bit better ...
Bitmain might just had to replace a transformer in they ETH asic mining facility Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:01:29 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 10:55:48 AM by Steamtyme

The asic resistant technology is just that; resistant.

Not asic proof. Unfortunately with enough time and money bitmain has been powering through with it's Asics development using a well funded R&D team.

The bright side their Asics as reported in don't seem to be a game changer , unless priced ridiculously low. I can't find the article at the moment but I think I saw something like 1000 to 1200w and 220 mh/s; with a cost over 3000$.

The numbers might be wrong can't remember for sure. If I find the article I'll update the post. Also at last check I think the ethereum community is pushing to fork against the miner. Fingers crossed.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:05:00 AM

When difficulty go up?

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
lanciaominer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:26:59 AM

bugger shitmain.. hope they die soon
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:46:24 AM

didf is down bc the people with expensive electric do better by buying eth at this point than mining.

or they are selling thier gpus before prices drop, also ravencoin is more profitable by eth for all brand of cards so ppl are switching

yeah don't listen to Metroid he has nothing to back up what he is saying except pointless articles that really don't indicate squat, nothing more than blowing smoke out his bum. sure asics for eth might be coming but there not here yet, would take too much memory

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:05:28 PM

S7 , S9 , D3, L3, L3+, X3 from Bitmain all come forward as a rumors Smiley For some reason all those rumors become reality ...
I would say its pretty much confirmed ...

also ...
Bitmain might just had to replace a transformer in they ETH asic mining facility Wink

Good analysis, I don't really see the drop in difficulty to be anything new. I really didn't want to believe that Asics were being implemented for ETH but the more I look at the evidence it seems that it may be more of a possibility (citing from this CNBC article, "During our travels through Asia last week, we confirmed that Bitmain has already developed an ASIC").

I feel it would've been only beneficial for Bitmain to keep this hushed until the right time. I'm sure Bitmain understands that ETH will gladly hardfork to keep itself Asic resistant so it only makes sense. This may explain a bit more for the jump in difficulty we've seen imo.

I dont think an ETHASH ASIC will last long in the market though, seeing that it is definitive that ETH will combat it. I think Bitmain knows this as well, Maybe this has something to do with market manipulation? maybe not?
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:14:22 PM

I see no reason to be happy. The fact that the complexity of the network falls means that the miners leave eth. Profitability ETH mining tends to zero. That's good. The drop in the price of eth kompensiruet not decrease difficulty. Business mining is going through very bad times. I hope the situation will change soon.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

You're riding a dead horse.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:22:57 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 02:36:51 PM by Za1n

I agree that the slight drop in difficulty means nothing in this short of a time frame. Even your chart shows we are back to what, the March 20th hashrate? I do not call that a drop at all and this "fluctuation" could be anything.

Also notice the highest ever hashrate at the top, 270957.8644 GH/s was recorded on Monday, March 26, 2018, 4 days ago, not really anything to write home about,

Wake me up when hash-rates are back to pre-January levels, or at least it hasn't risen in a month, that will be the type drop off I will want to know about.
m.vina (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:22:40 AM

What im saying is this is the start of the difficulty drop. Have you see the charts today? Still on a downtrend right? Thats because there is no way that people aren't rattled by this. Mining was over hyped a few months ago and those newbies are now scrambling to sell their rigs. ETH difficulty will go down esp. if this continues for a few weeks more. Some people mine at $0.2 and look at daily profits you know..

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: