Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you saying wait?  (Read 1946 times)
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:27:26 PM

In recent months, the market has dropped a lot. Many people's portfolios have fallen by 50 percent, and the answer is basically waiting.

We can sell it at a higher price and buy when it goes down.

I think we'll lose a little bit less, better than nothing.

Losing nothing is better than losing less. People HODL because it is the best thing to do during this kind of market is present. We all know that the market will recover soon because market crashes are normal after a crazy market rise last year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:33:17 PM

In recent months, the market has dropped a lot. Many people's portfolios have fallen by 50 percent, and the answer is basically waiting.

Everyone wants the same thing you mentioned but no one can predict the bottom or the top. Now suppose bitcoin is @6670$ right now. You cannot predict how low it wll go now before it bounces back.
Its only after happening of such event we think we should have sold and rebought at this lower price.
TN0904950

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:48:57 PM

perhaps the "waiting" is waiting to sell the coins you have today until the market price is high and you will benefit from the trade of the coin
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:51:29 PM

There is always a time for every thing, a time to invest and wait for it to yield. The sponsors of each project also take their time to put together the funds needed to run the ICO. So if you are advice to wait, it is for your benefit.
Without patience, it is not possible to get any benefit from making investments in crypto currencies and ICOs. Actually, the whole game is only about holding and waiting. The more someone is calm in nature, the bigger are his chances of becoming rich. Everything takes time and it stands true for digital market too. Moreover, the concept of all these crypto stuff is still too new and a lot is to be done. It takes time to make a project successful and flourishing.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:00:05 PM

~
Without patience, it is not possible to get any benefit from making investments in crypto currencies and ICOs. Actually, the whole game is only about holding and waiting. ~
That's the reason why Crypto always Volatile. Full of Speculation and Supersensitive with Bad News or FUD
There is many months in 2018 and totally your patience will works and maybe lucky pass to you.

ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:16:25 PM

Agree with your theory but to do such trading you must be mentally too strong. Because short selling is usually much difficult than playing jn bull market. People usually sell at a higher price and decide to wait and buy later but what happens usually is that the price instead rises a bit and people do panic buying in fear of missing out. And usually end up in losses. So this is why experts say you to wait until you are not a perfect trader who can handle emotions.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:35:47 PM

Losing nothing is better than losing less. People HODL because it is the best thing to do during this kind of market is present. We all know that the market will recover soon because market crashes are normal after a crazy market rise last year.

Some people are thinking only thing that happens in just a matter of time. If they really wanted to earn more profits then they should invest it in longer term. We are still in first quarter of the year and they already worried about the behavior of the crypto. Well, if they can only compare the chart from the previous year then I think they will change their mind and probably will hodl coin until the last quarter of these year.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:44:58 PM

Some people are thinking only thing that happens in just a matter of time. If they really wanted to earn more profits then they should invest it in longer term. We are still in first quarter of the year and they already worried about the behavior of the crypto. Well, if they can only compare the chart from the previous year then I think they will change their mind and probably will hodl coin until the last quarter of these year.
I think we should wait for the right time. Because if we do some action on this down market we maybe only lose our profit. I think bitcoin will really rise soon and it is already happen many times before. We can really gain even in a short term investment specially when the price is really unstable and it will rise and fall sometimes. But I think we need to be smart on this bitcoin feild because if we do some bad moves maybe we can always lose. I suggest to buy and wait for good.
Ekim22

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:47:07 PM

If the price of bitcoin in the market is very low you need to wait the price go high before you sell it.
Pakwan12

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:57:38 PM

Waiting is the right decision you can make when the price of bitcoin in the market is down.you need to wait until  the price go high before you sell.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

If you go selling your coin and wait for the price to drop even more and buy back,i know it's better,but the price will need more time to recover because of the demand is dropping while the supply is increased.There's no way to tell as for when the price will bounce back and you can be unfortunate enough when you sell your coin,the price bounce back a day later.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:03:59 PM

Selling coins for cheap price is meaningless except the emergency situations. Dont sell cheap and never buy on ATH. I always enter to markets partially because to adjust my ROI over time.
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:09:09 PM

yeah you may right
but if you sell to cut losses and then the price are raisingly high isn't you going to regret for what your doing
if you have gained some profit by it and you think it prefer to wait, the option is just two, getting bigger or get nothing

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:20:45 PM

Selling coins for cheap price is meaningless except the emergency situations. Dont sell cheap and never buy on ATH. I always enter to markets partially because to adjust my ROI over time.

It's difficult for people not understanding this market to find out what's a potential bottom or all time high, and that even applies to the more senior crypto enthusiasts. What today can be considered a high price, is tomorrow a very low price, and what today can be considered a low price, can be seen as a high price tomorrow. In some cases common sense will prevent you from buying at all time high levels, especially so when the all time high is as obvious as the one from last year, but it's not always that easy to spot. And yes, the best way to deal with this is to either sell in smaller fractions, or to enter the market in smaller fractions. Going all in or all out is just stupid and leads to nothing but stress....
Cedie

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:28:25 PM

That sir is definitely panic selling. Having the mentality of "it is olay to have a small loss" is the common thing among panic seller. They do not trust the market and they do not trust the coin itself. For people to not have an idea like this, they should prevent investing money that are high for them to handle considering the market volatility. I think the most preffered here is to concentrate on a low value so one can handle a 100% loss.
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:29:29 PM

~
Without patience, it is not possible to get any benefit from making investments in crypto currencies and ICOs. Actually, the whole game is only about holding and waiting. ~
That's the reason why Crypto always Volatile. Full of Speculation and Supersensitive with Bad News or FUD
There is many months in 2018 and totally your patience will works and maybe lucky pass to you.

Well, for me also selling coins for cheap price is meaningless because there is no otherway being in the emergency situations even though you are poeple about to hold and waiting for the right time. Otherwise don't sell cheap and never buy on ATH. But always bare in mind entering to markets partially to adjust the return of investment.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:47:14 PM

Easy to say on selling on loss but would really be a dumb thing to do if you are investor. Selling low buying high is the most common mistake on where most traders do commit. The thing you have said about selling it to avoid further loss then its your choice but we do all know that prices do normally recovers.No specific time but rest assured it would really recover no matter what.Patience would really matter on here.

Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:12:30 PM

Yeah you have a point. But when the price goes up and you sold already, people would say "I should have waited for the price to go up". If you wanted to sell your coins, you may do it because it is yours and your investment. Right now, almost all coins are in red mark but that doesnt mean that it wont recove,

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:20:55 PM

~

Well, for me also selling coins for cheap price is meaningless because there is no otherway being in the emergency situations even though you are poeple about to hold and waiting for the right time. Otherwise don't sell cheap and never buy on ATH. But always bare in mind entering to markets partially to adjust the return of investment.
Yes, you are right by doing it so you will only going to hurt your wallet instead and this is how you actually controls your emotions. Never ever sell at a lowest price when you buy it at higher price but always invest in multiple tokens so you can just diversify it when things get rough.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:21:08 PM

Remember that patience is a virtue. Joining in cryptocurrency world nee dto have a large amount of patience and learn the value of waiting. You do not need to panic because it may recover soon. That is why many people have losses because they actually sell during the moments like this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: