Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid scammer?  (Read 118 times)
heidikarenina (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:09:59 AM

I was searching through new ICOs and a lot of them look too scammy in my opinio. Like bitconnect.
How do you recognize a scam coin/token ?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:12:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

Let me share few things with you which are very important.

How to find weather ICO is scam or not

There are few things which we can check to avoid scams.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then keep these things in your mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.
3. Only trust official websites, Admin and team member.
4. you will get email from hackers , don't open them.
5. use 2fa and other securities to your accounts on exchanges.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Thank you and all the best.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:40:32 AM

I was searching through new ICOs and a lot of them look too scammy in my opinio. Like bitconnect.
You have to pay attantion on the quality of detains in the project.
I mean how well web-site is done, how WP is devoloped and so on.
Also, pay attantion to the team, media and community.
If everything looks good it is hardly possible, that projects is a scam.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
IcoGuide.com

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

Take a look at an article regarding scam ICOs on our website https://icoguide.com/en/blog/how-to-identify-scam-icos

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:54:10 AM

Look for the team are they anonymous?do they willingly make videos of themselves explaining what the project is about?Do they market the project widely?Are they promising outrageous rewards for bounty hunters(bear in mind that will attract hunters who will advertise for them so they can make their money quickly and vanish into thin air).Is their whitepaper technical and very detailed explaining what they intend doing,are their road map also very detailed?Have they promised exchange listing?etc

meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:01:14 PM

Well it's hard to determine if the ICO's scam if they are still selling their tokens. The best thing to do is that do some back round check of the campaign manager and read all the whitepaper.

BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:01:52 PM

Simply, no one can identify a scam project if it is well scammy  Smiley
All the instructions in this response can lead to a great scam like bitconnect or centra :

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

Let me share few things with you which are very important.

How to find weather ICO is scam or not

There are few things which we can check to avoid scams.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then keep these things in your mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.
3. Only trust official websites, Admin and team member.
4. you will get email from hackers , don't open them.
5. use 2fa and other securities to your accounts on exchanges.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Thank you and all the best.
I found those article which can be so helpful for everybody want to know about structures of scam ICOs:
https://steemit.com/scam-ico/@v4vapid/how-to-identify-ico-scams
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/how-to-avoid-scam-icos/
https://strategiccoin.com/3-ways-to-identify-an-ico-scam/
And that there is a lot of scammy projects since last year then just check their historic before and after the ICO. The scam accusation board of this from is full of threads claiming scammers and scams.
Here another good thread about how to identify fake projects.
Bakpau222

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

I think it's better to do the following:
1. search for teams, media and their members
2. check their whitepapers
3. check the details of their partnership
4. check their road map
If everything is good then it is unlikely that the project is a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: