Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum - The ship is about to sink?  (Read 140 times)
ThachSanhTp (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:20:33 AM

Hello everybody,

I first heard about bitcoin in 2013, I was mining and got some BTC to buy VPS hosting (I even forgot the provider name)
But at that time, I did not consider blockchain technology. I only used BTC as an e-currency.

I was back with cryptocurrency last year. I really read about blockchain technology then and I found that Ethereum is very potential. I bought ETH at about $200 and waited for about 6 months. While other coins gave average 10-20 times profit, ETH price is still only about $380 (not even 2x profit). That is so sad.

I thought ETH would upgrade consensus from POW to POS in later 2017, but it didn't. I think that because Vitalik is afraid that this upgrade may affect to the company who provide ETH mining machine. If ETH could not be mined (POW) then these company will go bankrupt.

These are many many platforms that better than Ethereum (NEO, Cordano (ADA), EOS...) but ETH is still the best one. Just because ETH is known as the first blockchain 2.0
If Ethereum does not improve/upgrade quickly. One day it may be replaced by better platform(s)
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Modifeed

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:01:35 AM

It looks tough for them.  Bitmain has designed an asic to mine eth, eth has to scale and improve the consensus mechanism to diminish the asics and possibly support sharding.  ICO’s are also coming back down to reality, migrating to crypto friendly locales minus the momentum capital of the past year and or are going to private sales.  Blockchains as platforms for ico’s will have to get more dynamic in general and be utilized by businesses for everyday tasks.  We’re in a development phase where we see glimpses of the next gen public blockchains potential but for now we have to wait to see who can deliver something usable.  Cheers.
flong

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:19:18 AM

Hopefully there's something in store for Ethereum that will reassure the masses that Ethereum is here to stay.  I think we all can realize the potential it has.  I still think it has a ways in terms of getting replaced (people say this about Bitcoin all the time).
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:35:23 AM

I think people are overthinking this.  I don’t personally care if eth climbs again or not but I have no doubt it will because it’s so useful to have eth for ICOs, dapps, and tokens.  It’s going to take a long time before another platform overtakes it just based on the name alone. 
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:46:43 AM

You might have the point but I still had high hopes for ethereum. If you notice, there are still so many ICO that are based in ethereum and the current dip in crypto price has not affected it yet. But if what you say is true, I hope Ill be able to know so I can prepare for conversion to other altcoins.

czhen

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:09:07 AM

but recently the Ethereum has drastically decreased in price and I do not know if there is anything to do with the above statement.
but I still hope Ethereum back to reach $ 1000 because I still have some Ethereum.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:16:22 AM

Hello everybody,

I first heard about bitcoin in 2013, I was mining and got some BTC to buy VPS hosting (I even forgot the provider name)
But at that time, I did not consider blockchain technology. I only used BTC as an e-currency.

I was back with cryptocurrency last year. I really read about blockchain technology then and I found that Ethereum is very potential. I bought ETH at about $200 and waited for about 6 months. While other coins gave average 10-20 times profit, ETH price is still only about $380 (not even 2x profit). That is so sad.

I thought ETH would upgrade consensus from POW to POS in later 2017, but it didn't. I think that because Vitalik is afraid that this upgrade may affect to the company who provide ETH mining machine. If ETH could not be mined (POW) then these company will go bankrupt.

These are many many platforms that better than Ethereum (NEO, Cordano (ADA), EOS...) but ETH is still the best one. Just because ETH is known as the first blockchain 2.0
If Ethereum does not improve/upgrade quickly. One day it may be replaced by better platform(s)

Same as usual the price tanked from early year to November. Perhaps it will happen again this year, we just have to be vigilant.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:51:30 AM

Very much sensible words you said . I completely agree with your point Ada , eos , trx are making great progress . But ethereum failed to implement Casper pos . Because of this only I dint sell my ether holding even the price went 1500 I was still holding. Now no news about pos still working on pow. I dint find max supply for ether in cmc.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Icey47

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:07:25 AM

All other coins are dropping because Bitcoin is dropping. This isn't only affecting Eth if you'd care to check the news.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: