Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The more members at Telegram channel the better ICO ROI?  (Read 164 times)
mljar (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:13:18 AM

I have collected data about ICOs and their number of Telegram channel members to check if there is a dependency between high members number and high ICO ROI. The short answer is no!

The more details are here: https://medium.com/@MLJARofficial/how-does-telegram-members-count-impact-the-ico-investment-returns-50f37aff27ee
wanderloy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:43:36 PM

I have collected data about ICOs and their number of Telegram channel members to check if there is a dependency between high members number and high ICO ROI. The short answer is no!

The more details are here: https://medium.com/@MLJARofficial/how-does-telegram-members-count-impact-the-ico-investment-returns-50f37aff27ee

One of the best criteria to check whether the ICO is good or not or will offer higher return or not is through bumping on their Telegram Channels because I do believe that good ICOs have always good social communities especially telegram community as this year's basic social community is telegram group where everyone are discussing everything related or non related to ICOs and Crypto projects.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:49:01 PM

There is no need to conduct an analysis to see the lack of correlation between the number of subscribers and ICO-ROI. A large number of subscribers can appear for the following reasons:
a) large investments in marketing;
b) bounty-campaign;
c) cheating

So, do not pay attention to this indicator.
mljar (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:29:22 AM

Thanks for response! What are the factors that are important for ICO-ROI in your opinion?

I'm working on Machine Learning algorithm for prediction ICO ROI based on data. https://medium.com/@MLJARofficial/predicting-ico-returns-with-machine-learning-af6108ab9e39 That's why I'm checking different factors.
DRCCommunity

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 11:38:02 AM

In order to be able to rate projects transparently by the community and professionals crypto needs a decentralized solution.
We are tackling exactly these kind of questions by rating projects with DRC using Blockchain Technology. DRC Incentives  the Community in conjunction with Professionals to assess projects and help create standards in crypto projects.

Distributed Regtech Platform (Abbreviated for DRC) is a professional and intelligent risk control and management platform based on blockchain, which sets up an “autonomous, mutually trusted, professional and transparent” distributed network for regulators, innovation projects and professional risk control agencies.

Check out Website  and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3205257.0  join our Telegram for more information.

Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:39:28 AM

I think the success of an ICO is proportional to the activity of the telegram group.
The larger the number means that the ICO project has attracted more attention, and the more likely it is to succeed.

hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:50:11 AM

I think the success of an ICO is proportional to the activity of the telegram group.
The larger the number means that the ICO project has attracted more attention, and the more likely it is to succeed.

The larger the telegram user count with only legit or real accounts is the sign of a good ICO. So just telegram user counts doesn't matter. Quality is what matters. Some projects also use fake telegram followers to gain huge user base.

Blah blah
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:20:36 PM

more member at telegram channel an ico is not a good indicator or success of a project. but there we can see and conclude investor interest or enthusiasm for the project. we can also assess the developer's experience and understanding of the projects they will create.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:43:52 PM

more member at telegram channel an ico is not a good indicator or success of a project. but there we can see and conclude investor interest or enthusiasm for the project. we can also assess the developer's experience and understanding of the projects they will create.
Correct, more members of telegram group does not mean a better ROI. Some ICO had done an airdrop that required you to join their telegram to build a community. Thus they have more members compared to ICO that did not had an airdrop.

I have seen more successful ICO that have less than 10k members in telegram group and have better ROI compared to those ICO with 20k up members.
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

I do use this criteria before but when you really watch carefully there Telegram you can see that something wrong with it. Half of it are people who joined cause of Bounty Hunting and Airdrop that make it wrong for the criteria. You cant also tell if their community is active because some of requirements of their program needed to be active there.

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:53:57 PM

You did have the answer. It is just a telegram group and maybe people just want some updates about that token or they are holding a little amount only. It could also be fake accounts that makes it large in number.
You cannot tell if they are large investors or not.
Even with just 500 members, one ICO could go way up high if that is full of rich people. Also consider the service of one ICO and how they market they token.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 01:58:14 PM

I have seen a lot of telegram channel with thousands of people where nobody was sying anything clever about the project or anything at all, so your findings are not exactly surprising, nice read anyway  Smiley
coupable

Activity: 2366
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

A lot of great ICOs had no telegram channel at all. The huge channels on telegram are a recent movement from slack (after the big hack attaks via emails) to telegram and now the majority are moving to discord because of the more options of chat contact; Telegram or any other channel is not a proof, not even an indicator, of a succefull project. Always remember that telegram managers are paid employees pretending to be team members.
Otherwise, if i make a telegram channel full of plenty subscribers, can i make a succefull ICO?  Of course not.
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:10:42 PM

Telegram has many members who are attracted by the way of airdrops!

The Telegram people don't necessarily care about the ico project, only interested in the airdrop!

Nowadays many people in the market are unwilling to invest in ico, so they participate in all kinds of airdrops!

TeamDeedCoin

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

Tokenize and Discount Real Estate Commission

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:15:24 PM

Social Media definitely plays a large role in how ICOs are viewed but it isn't the end all. Companies can allocate time and money to getting their numbers up in social media but it makes just as much sense to dedicate the resources to product development and implementation.

Donate us Merit please!

https://www.deedcoinlaunch.com

media@deedcoinlaunch.com
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:21:35 PM

Thanks for response! What are the factors that are important for ICO-ROI in your opinion?

I'm working on Machine Learning algorithm for prediction ICO ROI based on data. https://medium.com/@MLJARofficial/predicting-ico-returns-with-machine-learning-af6108ab9e39 That's why I'm checking different factors.
That's really good man. Machine learning definitely has a very good scope in future.
Higher number if Telegram subscribers doesn't necessarily mean that the ICO ROI will be higher. Any channel can get more number of subscribers by advertising it on social media and various forums. So it dose not mean that every person will be investing in their ICO. There will be hardly a few members who will be willing to invest in their ICO .
I believe advertising on various platforms might, running campaigns can gain attention towards the ICO. A good project will definitely gain more followers if they workout in their project accordingly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:25:55 PM

Absolutely no, I have seen many ICO that were successful even though they have few people in the telegram group, and what's astonishing is that some of them raised their funds quite well reaching their hardcap. On the other hand there alao ICo that are less successful and even they have bunch of people in their group. What's worst is they run after the funds was raised and leaving no trace where they have gone.
Thenuka99

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

Almost every ICO that has large member base has done a "Airdrop" which required to join the Telegram channel, so that does not mean it's popular or it will give a good ROI, sometimes it can be the opposite, because as soon as that ICO hit the exchangers almost all the airdrop participants start to Dump tokens and high chance of seeing a RED market for that token.

But sometimes you can see some ICO is a good one from the activity level of the members and specially Admins, if the group has a lot of members and also very active in the community there is a chance that particular ICO has a dedicated member base, and their vision is somehow trusted by the members. That could be one of the good ways , not just to check the numbers, but also Activity level.

kinzey

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:06:16 PM

Community is one thing to check if the ICO is good, but mostly telegram is filled with a lot of members is because some campaigns require the participants to join telegram group. So i'd say, it's best to read the white paper, check on the team and see to it if its worth investing or not and not just depend on telegram.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

I agreed that the numbers of members in telegram  doesn’t mean better ROI of the project. It is better to join the telegram and interact with the community to see how strong the support is.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀