Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:04:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Bitcoin? Decentralize vs Centralize, Who win?  (Read 811 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

Definitely, in that view points since we doesn't know whats behind on it it can maybe a faked. In general, many people doesn't believe in xrp they buy and hold it for profit and not like bitcoins ripple can't stand alone it is the King and of all cryptocurrency.

Agree. Many people only invest in Ripple to make profit in the long term, but not with the intention to use it as a serious "cryptocurrency" whatsoever. Over time, it has been shown that Ripple is extremely centralized and manipulated by its internal company. Since the Ripple company owns most of the XRP tokens, they can do whatever they desire to manipulate its price. On the other hand, Bitcoin is decentralized and was the first cryptocurrency which have started it all. Due to its resilience, and inmutability properties, people use it more for their everyday transactions since no single entity has control over it.

Bitcoin as we know it, removes the middleman and brings freedom to the people (something that Ripple cannot achieve to this date). In this sense, anyone can join or leave the network at will, making it the perfect money for the people by the people. In the end, Bitcoin and other decentralized cryptocurrencies will win, while Ripple might fail in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:39:36 PM

I don't know how to compare this two. Bitcoin is representing the new idea and the block-chain technology. Ripple is the old system in new clothing trying to have its finger in everything. Bitcoin is one of the kind and it is incomparable with Ripple. Bitcoin has a future, Ripple has not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:21:48 AM

Ripple is not even a blockchain and a few company insiders own a large percent of its supply so it is highly centralized. There is hardly anything in common between bitcoin and Ripple.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

I think bitcoin will win the price and bitcoin will still lead the market. the other coins are only following with bitcoin price and they are adjusting their price with bitcoin too. I think ripple has a big potential to increase too in the future but once again, the ripple price is adjusting with bitcoin price. I don't think that this is a good idea to compare between ripple versus bitcoin because I think both coins have a different function and purposes and they have different ways in the cryptocurrency.
When it comes to that of comparing a decentralized currency with that of the centralized currency, then it is decentralized currency which takes the lead over it as this is the new concept and that the people are more interested towards it. It is because of the reason that they don’t have to pay any kind of taxes and that there is no one who has control over any of these coins and you are free to do anything.
Midesiz

Activity: 378
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:49:01 AM

Ripple is a very interesting coin in this market. I heard about crypto market by means of ripple. Ripple is very different from others. I think btc will win this war.

Locotoni

Activity: 490
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:00:27 AM

Decentralize cryptocurrency is losing position compared to centralize crypto?
Recently there are many managers, publishers are abandoning decentralize development cryptocurrency. presently, the growth of centralize crypto like Ripple platform. Does bitcoin actually lose the battle with ripple? What do you think?

i think its not seriously pool Cheesy
bitcoin is king, and ripple is only for transfers :/ i think  in 01.2019 when market cap will down 400-500 BLN$. some people will use Ripple, Same BCH, dogecoin, bytecoin, Dash, for fast withdraw. becouse BTC is not fast crypto in bull run.
IcoBale01

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:11:30 AM

The best products with the best overall experiences and qualities are those that win. The best products are built by the best people. The best people go where there’s enough money and grow where there’s the best story about the future. And one thing is sure, the world of open source and decentralized systems that are being built today are, in fact, a bright hope for the future. Blockchains and tokens are changing everything.
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:20:39 AM

Recently there are many managers, publishers are abandoning decentralize development cryptocurrency. presently, the growth of centralize crypto like Ripple platform. Does bitcoin actually lose the battle with ripple? What do you think?
I think no because most of the people wanted a decentralized system on which bitcoin can runs and possibly can help many people. Bitcoin also have a technology on which is become more better than ripple and didn't control by any person. Even the bitcoin is not yet popular this time because of its decentralized system but maybe later it was become adopted in all over the world that can process any transaction and make it secure. The community is also have a chance to make this coin valuable without a control or manipulated by some people due to its decentralized system because all members of the community affects the price of it and no one managing it.

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:16:19 PM

Ripple is not even a blockchain and a few company insiders own a large percent of its supply so it is highly centralized. There is hardly anything in common between bitcoin and Ripple.

Exactly. Ripple is what is called a "Distributed Ledger" and not a "Blockchain" as the company claims it to be. As far as I'm aware of, validators (or nodes) within the Ripple network are authorized by the company itself. Given that there are only a few validators on the network (when compared to major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum), it makes the XRP “cryptocurrency" extremely centralized. Not to mention, the Ripple company owns the majority of XRP tokens on the network. As such, they can do whatever they desire with the network such as confiscating user's funds, freezing assets, and more. Also, it would be prone to external manipulation from governments and banks alike.

On the contrary, Bitcoin provides freedom, and anyone can join or leave the network at will. No single entity owns the network, and the cryptocurrency itself is protected and supported by its users. This is called decentralization, and it could prevail over centralized systems like Ripple in the long term, if people around the world adopt Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies at a greater level. Therefore, I believe that decentralized cryptos like Bitcoin will always win over centralized ones like Ripple. People would want to transact in a cryptocurrency free from third-party interference to gain control over their funds. And that's exactly what Bitcoin offers compared to FIAT or other centralized financial institutions we know today. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ghebung Masam

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:45:05 PM

I think ripple is not feasible when compared with bitcoin. because decentralization is an important factor in a crypto and it is available in bitcoin. so bitcoin remains a winner and until whenever a ripple will not be able to be the best crypto if he is not decentralized.

didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:07:06 PM

the winner is the fair system,, wich mean decentralize will be the winner mate, and bitcoin is the winner
and why wee need ripple, if all financial system in this world already use centralize ?

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:45:34 PM

the winner is the fair system,, wich mean decentralize will be the winner mate, and bitcoin is the winner
and why wee need ripple, if all financial system in this world already use centralize ?

Exactly. I believe that there would be no use for Ripple in the long term, as people would prefer to make transfers on a decentralized and fair system for all. Since Ripple is centralized, it's very similar to a bank or financial institution. As such, people would have to trust a single entity for the protection of their funds. Therefore, this is against the blockchain's true value proposition which is meant to be immutable, and independent from any middleman or third party.

On the other hand, decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will win over the long term, because people won't need to trust a single entity for the protection of their funds. They can join or leave the network at will, as well as be able to virtually "print money", by securing the cryptocurrency with their computing power. This approach enables anyone to participate on the network, without trusting a middleman, allowing the cryptocurrency to become free against external manipulation by corporations, banks, governments and/or other entities.

In the end, Bitcoin will always remain on top of Ripple no matter what since it's the cryptocurrency who brought us the blockchain technology. Being the first mover in such trend, will give it an advantage over most cryptocurrencies we know and love today for years to come. And since Ripple has the most "XRP" tokens under their control, they can do whatever they desire with its price, network, and more. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

I do not think that there is a battle among btc and ripple, secondly one thing needs to be clreared and that is ripple is also a cryptocurrency based on decentralized blockchain technology so we cannot say it is the opposite of what btc is, the difference is just that the team behind ripple controls significant supply of ripple and they run it like a corporation or a company and i do not think it is a bad thing, i think with this model they can find more partnerships globally and can provide services to wider audience.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
murazor

Activity: 1134
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:11:13 PM

Of course Bitcoin will win. This is much more interesting and promising coin. I do not understand why you even compare these two projects. Bitcoin is the king of crypto.
Footmanred

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:29:01 AM

Now quite often you can see the competition between centralized coins and no. Even eos struggles with such a problem, another thing and how the technology itself will live if all coins are transferred to a centralized basis. Whether we will be able to receive the same profit due to volatility.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
IcoBale01

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:33:40 AM

I just don't get it or understand why someone would buy a centralized coin. Isn't the wonderful and unique thing about bitcoin and cryptocurrency is being decentralized? I just don't see the point at all and it contradicts the main goal of cryptocurrency. I will still pick bitcoin and will never buy ripple no matter how high and how big the profit it will give.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:22:13 PM

I just don't get it or understand why someone would buy a centralized coin. Isn't the wonderful and unique thing about bitcoin and cryptocurrency is being decentralized? I just don't see the point at all and it contradicts the main goal of cryptocurrency. I will still pick bitcoin and will never buy ripple no matter how high and how big the profit it will give.

Same. There's no point in using a centralized cryptocurrency, since it will be subject to the same failures and issues inherent within centralized institutions like banks. As such, I would prefer Bitcoin over Ripple for many daily transactions, and I'm sure many would agree with me here. Since Bitcoin is decentralized, no one controls it, which adds a greater level of security and reliability than Ripple itself. Also, Bitcoin has a deflationary model (unlike Ripple) which promotes greater scarcity and value over time.

Therefore, I believe that in the end, decentralized cryptocurrencies will win as it gathers the favor of many people around the world, while centralized systems like Ripple would fail in the long run. Blockchain was created for eliminating the middleman in the first place, and that's only achieved with true decentralization. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Diablomania

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:27:27 PM

wow it is more than strange to see ripple in here, i think that there is no one buying that coin anymore, why there would be enough reasons to see it winning this fight? lol

ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:56:01 PM

I'll go with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized, decentralization is one of the biggest special feature of cryptocurrency, because in decentralization, the manipulation is lesser, it is peer to peer also. But in centralized, there is someone who owned it, it is vulnerable for manipulation. That's why I am not a fan of Ripple, Bitcoin all the way for me.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:13:12 PM

It's definitely bitcoin win because they have many proof that bitcoin is a good investment.  Both is good investment and even ripple gives you high profit in the future. But if we talkinga about the profit ripple can hives you more money because of the cheaper price. They have both advatange but bitcoin is stronger than the ripple.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: