Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:56:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 years on, a short look at the steem blockchain and what its future holds  (Read 144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
destinysaid (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

Help the needy, do the little things others ignore

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 10:49:51 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 11:59:55 AM by destinysaid
Merited by chesatochi (2)

So hello everyone and greetings.

Not too long ago, the steem blockchain celebrated its two year anniversary, its surprising no one on bitcoin talk wrote about it though. It's been an amazing ride! In the two years that steem has existed, we have seen steem at a very low point, $0.1 and have seen steem shoot up to as high as $7.

So the first thing i'll like to say is;

HAPPY 2 YEARS BIRTHDAY STEEMIT!

Doing my usual scans through the forums archives, I found this topic by Dan Larimer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1466593.0, which was an announcement thread about the steem blockchain, in it, I saw a lot of people, who are now of cause steemit winesses, whales, and dolphins, the likes of nextgencrypto, kyle, pharesim, xeroc, smooth etc

One thing that caught my attention was this comment and reply by smooth below;

Edit: The best part about the steem blockchain? Its community! I mean, everywhere and on any social, once you find a fellow steemian, its amazing.

Funny story, I have hosted people I met online, simply because they were steemians.

The steem blockchain, and infact the entire steem system was spearheaded by two individuals, steemit.com/@ned and steemit.com/@dan, along with other individuals mentioned on the white paper.

I joined steemit on the 23th of March 2017, a year after the blockchain was launched, but being someone who studies and researches alot, I went looking for answers.

To be sincere, around June 2017, I found bitcoin talk. But didn't register, instead, what drew me to the platform was a few topics that showed ''proof'' that steem was a scam. I of cause became suspicious, coupled with the fact that the steem blockchain was having a lot of downtimes, the whole system was wonky, and rumors were flying about that dan had sabotaged the system.

Yet those FUD didn't crash the system. The bull run throughout the second part of 2017 was instrumental in pushing the site, somewhat to the public as registration increased, and more members started coming into the site.

The popularity that steem gathered made it cross the top 1000 sites ranking in early january, and still hover around that range till now.

All in all, steem has gathered momentum and shows no time of slowing down.

Of cause, no one likes to talk about Dan leaving the steem blockchain, but listening to an interview dan gave sometime back really changed my perspective about him, and that made me see him leaving the steem community, as a normal occurrence.

''once a community is formed, it becomes resistant to any change that interrupts their normal flow, even positive ones, and so a new community must be formed, that is built on the new rules you wish to make'' or something to the tune of that.

Dan Larimer, also known as bytemaster7 on twitter and bytemaster here on BTT, was the former CTO of steemit, before leaving the system, around March-April 2017.

Since then, many believe that the steem blockchain has deteriorated, while others still believe that the system remained unshaken, an has even improved a lot.

Gone are the days whereby steem was using a non-linear voting system(this system gave much more powers to the whales than minnows, which meant that a vote from a high steem holder could make you $2000 or more in a day).

The system has somewhat become fairer and more innovations are coming in.

Steem has come a long way from having excessive downtimes, to having almost none, from having a high registration fee for those who wanna pay upfront, to having very little fee.

Scammers on the site are easily identified and flagged out of the system, security-wise, a lot of effort have been made to protect funds and account details.

A lot of exchanges and wallets have come onboard, powerhouses such as binance, bittrex, openledger, hitbtc, poloniex, freewallet, changelly, shapeshift, blocktrades etc all house accounts on steemit.

I am happy with the current state of the steem ecosystem, but a lot could be done to improve it.

Things such as circle jerking, spam and the likes are still ongoing. The fact that those who influence the site are those with high SP means cartels can be formed, and are formed to syphon money out secretly, the issue of alternate accounts by big whales to self-upvote and cash out more(i have a couple now, but for posting ICOs and stuff), and finally, the issue of voting bots that make money for those who delegate SP to them, inherently killing manual curation and leaving the system looking like a pay for vote initiative.

All in all, steemit is good, and my hopes are high for it, my eyes are also on Dan Larimer's latest project, EOS.

Thanks!

Check it out if you're still skeptical about the whole thing.

2 years old and still strong should convince you that its a solid project
edit: grammatical errors have been fixed/are being fixed, its difficult using BTTalk on a phone, but a mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do.

Be loyal to your innermost truth.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 11:01:58 AM

I use Steemit every day and is one of the most exciting projects on the crypto space. The real success of the platform is the strong community that supports each other.

destinysaid (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 11:44:43 AM

I use Steemit every day and is one of the most exciting projects on the crypto space. The real success of the platform is the strong community that supports each other.

Thanks for this! the community is its greatest asset, but one I feel isnt being utilized as well as it ought to. Especially when it comes to communications from the very top. It'll be interesting to see how steem turns out by years end, with the release of SMTs, proper advertisment/marketing structure and community support.

Whats your username on steemit if Imay ask?

Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:20:09 PM

I like this project. Steem actually has a platform that is in use. Most people say it's Facebook on Blockchain. Users that engage on the platform are paid in Steem. The more you engage and build an audience or engagement group, the more Steem dollars a user earns.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Yes i am also thinking about this that price are dropping but Nothing to worry about it and we all know  this is the biggest risk for investors if investing in the world crypto. Every one is waiting for increase the coins and sell their coins which could they get too much gain.

destinysaid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 10:35:02 AM

I like this project. Steem actually has a platform that is in use. Most people say it's Facebook on Blockchain. Users that engage on the platform are paid in Steem. The more you engage and build an audience or engagement group, the more Steem dollars a user earns.

Haha yeah, its evolved to become more than just a blockchain facebook equivalent however.
There are now services that acts as a youtube replacement called DTUBE, a twitter replacement called ZAPPL, heck, even a bookstore call DBOOKs, a Soundcloud competitor called DSOUND, blockchain streaming service called DLIVE.

THe most amazing fact is that these are all built on the steem blockchain. Steemit is posing itself as something we havent seen in the world before, as a new section of the internet so to speak, (at least thats how I view it), a new layer, just like we have the deep web, dark web, everyday web, and then there is steemit.

Great for anyone into entertainment, audio-visual, and programmers.

Then the communities, o boy, there are a lot of Discord channels out there, whatsapp groups, telegram,facebook groups etc where you can interact with people all over.

I'll be happy to walk you through if youre interested in coming to the platform, trust me, its worth it.

Its a wonderful community.

sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:16:45 PM

oh wow, didn't think STEEM could go this far, community grown very fast past 2 years.
I'm  still holding STEEM  Grin
SBD ( steem dolar) is getting trouble recently, but I think it doesn't got any effect on STEEM
still holding :')

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
destinysaid (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 06:15:19 PM

oh wow, didn't think STEEM could go this far, community grown very fast past 2 years.
I'm  still holding STEEM  Grin
SBD ( steem dolar) is getting trouble recently, but I think it doesn't got any effect on STEEM
still holding :')

Its best if you convert your SBD to steem in my opinion, steem is the one on more exchanges, and if you wanna send to binance, you have to go through steem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: