Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 08:17:52 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - Bullish sign?  (Read 4190 times)
thetopham

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:09:36 PM

made $50 off of it so it was still a success until hindsight comes around lol

still have $600 in a mining co-op starting today. I'm in college and wasn't comfortable with $1200 in it so cashed out the 3 coins and kept the mining co-op for down the road.

I thought that it would go down again once it hit 207 on coinbase like last time but I guess not.

just saw RT and NYT feature bitcoin articles O.O

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:21:13 PM

A profit is a profit. Could have been a loss as well. So there should be no regrets.

Interesting to see only bulls around. Good sign for a downmove.... And there a lots of people with a lot of profits on lots of coins. At some stage they are going to realise their gains... 

I might be wrong but I don´t believe that they are waiting for a new high.

leemar (OP)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:42:08 PM

made $50 off of it so it was still a success until hindsight comes around lol

still have $600 in a mining co-op starting today. I'm in college and wasn't comfortable with $1200 in it so cashed out the 3 coins and kept the mining co-op for down the road.

I thought that it would go down again once it hit 207 on coinbase like last time but I guess not.

just saw RT and NYT feature bitcoin articles O.O

If you are still in college, I suspect being into Bitcoin now will stand you in good stead in the long run.  You made a sensible move.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:48:24 PM

A profit is a profit. Could have been a loss as well. So there should be no regrets.

Interesting to see only bulls around. Good sign for a downmove.... And there a lots of people with a lot of profits on lots of coins. At some stage they are going to realise their gains... 

Dude. You obviously just sold your coins so you did so with the thought in your head that this was either A. enough profit for you or B. that BTC would more or just as likely go up than down from heretoforth.

So, we get it. But you don't need to preach about how the market can go down to single digits just to make yourself feel better about your decisions. While it "could" go back to single digits, the BTC eco-system is starting to grow at an exponential rate and awareness of BTC in the human population is growing at an exponential rate. So to assume that the price of BTC is not going to move up in the future is optimistically bear in your position.

Congrats, you took your well deserved profits.

No need to tell us what is going to happen next.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:08:00 PM

Interesting to see only bulls around. Good sign for a downmove.

You mean that you think its interesting that most the people on a bitcoin forum have positive feelings about where bitcoin will be heading?

I'm just going to put your name under the ol' "Even dumber than we thought" column.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:49:14 PM

There's a lot of really smart (economically) and really rich people on here who believe it as well.  Forgive me if I listen more to their analysis rather than a couple college students.

If you needed the money for college right now, then fine, it was a good move.  You made some money and now you need it.

But don't come on and try to tell everyone else that they should do the same in a different situation in life just to make you feel better about your decision.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:15:40 PM

There's a lot of really smart (economically) and really rich people on here who believe it as well.  Forgive me if I listen more to their analysis rather than a couple college students.

If you needed the money for college right now, then fine, it was a good move.  You made some money and now you need it.

But don't come on and try to tell everyone else that they should do the same in a different situation in life just to make you feel better about your decision.

Username: BitchicksHusband

But I agree with you...
WattBurner

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:18:38 PM

Is coinbase down right now? I can't connect.
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:20:04 PM

Circle is DDOS'ing them.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:21:04 PM

Yep.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/coinbase.com

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:11:42 AM

Circle is DDOS'ing them.

Haha. Strong out of the gate they are.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:17:31 AM

Considering you cannot move money to CampBx via Dwolla anymore CoinBase appears to be the only site you can get money to electronically.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:24:06 AM

Dude. You obviously just sold your coins so you did so with the thought in your head that this was either A. enough profit for you or B. that BTC would more or just as likely go up than down from heretoforth.

So, we get it. But you don't need to preach about how the market can go down to single digits just to make yourself feel better about your decisions. While it "could" go back to single digits, the BTC eco-system is starting to grow at an exponential rate and awareness of BTC in the human population is growing at an exponential rate. So to assume that the price of BTC is not going to move up in the future is optimistically bear in your position.

Is he doing anything different than all the bulls in here shouting up, uP, UP? Serious question. This is the speculation forum... people should speculate. Bears included.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:32:24 AM

Considering you cannot move money to CampBx via Dwolla anymore CoinBase appears to be the only site you can get money to electronically.

CampBx still supports ACH withdraws, and they will soon support ACH deposits as well. However their support seems very slow.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:33:56 AM

Is he doing anything different than all the bulls in here shouting up, uP, UP? Serious question. This is the speculation forum... people should speculate. Bears included.

Yeah, I understand. But he was talking about Bitcoin going to single digits. I don't think this was true speculation. I think he was trying to reenforce a decision he just made. He bought coins in 2010 and sold them all today. There is no way he is absolutely 100% okay with that and he was making it pretty obvious with his posts.

Kudos for buying in 2010. I wish I knew about Bitcoins then. But, I think as good as a decision as that was, its shockingly bad for him to ignore what is going on right now. The amount of VC money (public and unannounced behind the scenes) and press that Bitcoin is getting reminds me somewhere between the early days of the internet and the early days of social media. Which is about where I would put Bitcoin's future importance.

It's evolving so quickly its almost headspinning. I mean, 6 months ago, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, for the U.S. to ban all U.S. money into and out of crypto exchanges. Today, I see exchanges backed by millions of VC money already registered with FINCEN. I see some of those companies paying the Million Dollar payment to register in 47 necessary states. I see a ETF that is more and more likely. Right here, in the US, the worlds most difficult and influential (both arguably) country to operate money exchanges in.

The "other shoe" is and was always the US goverment and courts. It is becoming more and more difficult everyday for them to do something "game-changing" to hurt bitcoin.

Meanwhile, for the first time in recorded history, you have a monetary technology where every player, every company, every developer, every user, has a built in incentive to support and foster the eco-system. You have competition with shared ownership. Unprecedented.

At this point, if governments don't go full attack mode and if someone doesnt "crack" the blockchain, I do not see how Bitcoin doesn't grow several magnitudes larger than it is now.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:42:37 AM

CampBx still supports ACH withdraws, and they will soon support ACH deposits as well. However their support seems very slow.

Any idea how large ACH withdrawals can be? Can you do a $50K ACH withdrawal?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:45:43 AM

Any idea how large ACH withdrawals can be? Can you do a $50K ACH withdrawal?

I don't see why not, though I've never personally done one that large. You can get easily verified to do transactions of $100k USD+

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:25:16 AM

Unfortunatly it was a bit more than a few cents.... but lets talk in again in a few month from now...everyhing else is speculation

And you are right, most people have never heard about bitcoin.... and never will.

What makes you so sure that we will only go up from here ? Bitcoin has proven to be very volatile and we know that every rally comes to an end.

Everything which goes up, especially as parabolic as bitcoin, will come down at some stage. The only question is, how deep will it go. I don´t believe it will be single digits, but double digits could very well happen. In my view much more likely than another 100% up.

1) Bitcoin rallies come to an end HIGHER THAN THEIR STARTING POINT.

2) Everything that goes up must come down... oh so you mean like FM Radio adoption? Too bad there's one in every car in America. Cell phone adoption? 10 year olds have them. Google search engine use? Sure, in a hundred years no one will have cell phones because we'll have unlocked our brain's latent telepathy by then. But in the short term, your "everything that goes up must come down" rhetoric simply doesn't apply here.

Conclusion: You are talking out of your butt and haven't a CLUE!  Grin

lizardflix

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:41:41 AM

Unfortunatly it was a bit more than a few cents.... but lets talk in again in a few month from now...everyhing else is speculation

And you are right, most people have never heard about bitcoin.... and never will.

What makes you so sure that we will only go up from here ? Bitcoin has proven to be very volatile and we know that every rally comes to an end.

Everything which goes up, especially as parabolic as bitcoin, will come down at some stage. The only question is, how deep will it go. I don´t believe it will be single digits, but double digits could very well happen. In my view much more likely than another 100% up.

Curious why, if you're so bearish on the future of BTC, that you bother to have an account and comment here.  Not saying your shouldn't but it just seems to be a waste of your time.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 02:26:20 AM

Most exchanges allow you to get your money out electronically, but very few allow for electronic deposits.

Hence the reason the price of CoinBase would be so high...easier movement of dollars to bitcoins than the rest of the exchanges.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: