Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔷 Waves Tech - a powerful blockchain-agnostic ecosystem  (Read 129476 times)
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
February 05, 2022, 05:08:32 PM

Six months later, I can make a review about this exchange. These are scammers. I do not recommend using their services, especially staking and algorithmic trading. They promise good interest, but instead of 400 I withdrew only 300 dollars. Think for yourself. There are many decent exchanges and defi. They are SCAM

So you registered here to make this comment and nothing else? Maybe you could share your experience in detail? I am kind of assuming you paid $100 ETH network fees and are upset about that?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 05, 2022, 05:57:10 PM

Was there an airdrop recently or something?  If so, as long as you have waves in your wallet, you would get it?  Or that is something else?

Also, who here has their waves stored in a hardware wallet as in the nano ledger s... as oppose to the other two methods of either having a seed phrase and using waves exchange or using an email/password and using waves exchange? 

Years ago, you only got the waves seed phrase and you used the waves lite client... then few more clients came after that and now its the waves exchange.

I have to assume most people use the waves seed as how they store waves?  Who here does the email/password method?  I assume anyone that does that method uses two factor authenticator right?  One concern with using the email/password method is what happens if you lose access to your email?  Then you have no more access to your account?  With coinbase or gemini, well even if you lose access to your email, I'm pretty sure if you submit your documents, then you could most likely still access your account with a new email address.  But waves... there isn't?  So there is a huge risk of this using the email/password method?

But if you want to make your waves as secure as possible without concern of malware or keylogger on your windows pc which you use waves exchange, does everyone agree to use it with the nano ledger s?  So if you do that... that would mean one would need to create a new waves account so to speak?   Thus you add the waves app to nano ledger s and basically it will be a brand new waves account with no waves?  Then you log into your waves exchange client with your password, then you send the waves to the waves address in the nano ledger s?  Then once you do that... you would no longer have waves in your waves exchange account and everything would be in the nano ledger s... which mean you won't have concern of any malware on your computer?

So basically your nano ledger s seed phrase... which is your backup for the hardware wallet which would restore your coins... this would then restore your waves as well?  I store btc and bch in the nano ledger s.  The thing is I read you need to use waves exchange with the nano ledger s together... which makes it much more confusing to use.  Can anyone who has their waves used together with their nano ledger s... give more detail to this process?  I want to do this but process seem complicated because it isn't like btc or bch where you download the app and just send etc.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 06, 2022, 12:24:09 PM

Was there an airdrop recently or something?  If so, as long as you have waves in your wallet, you would get it?  Or that is something else?

Also, who here has their waves stored in a hardware wallet as in the nano ledger s... as oppose to the other two methods of either having a seed phrase and using waves exchange or using an email/password and using waves exchange? 

Years ago, you only got the waves seed phrase and you used the waves lite client... then few more clients came after that and now its the waves exchange.

I have to assume most people use the waves seed as how they store waves?  Who here does the email/password method?  I assume anyone that does that method uses two factor authenticator right?  One concern with using the email/password method is what happens if you lose access to your email?  Then you have no more access to your account?  With coinbase or gemini, well even if you lose access to your email, I'm pretty sure if you submit your documents, then you could most likely still access your account with a new email address.  But waves... there isn't?  So there is a huge risk of this using the email/password method?

But if you want to make your waves as secure as possible without concern of malware or keylogger on your windows pc which you use waves exchange, does everyone agree to use it with the nano ledger s?  So if you do that... that would mean one would need to create a new waves account so to speak?   Thus you add the waves app to nano ledger s and basically it will be a brand new waves account with no waves?  Then you log into your waves exchange client with your password, then you send the waves to the waves address in the nano ledger s?  Then once you do that... you would no longer have waves in your waves exchange account and everything would be in the nano ledger s... which mean you won't have concern of any malware on your computer?

So basically your nano ledger s seed phrase... which is your backup for the hardware wallet which would restore your coins... this would then restore your waves as well?  I store btc and bch in the nano ledger s.  The thing is I read you need to use waves exchange with the nano ledger s together... which makes it much more confusing to use.  Can anyone who has their waves used together with their nano ledger s... give more detail to this process?  I want to do this but process seem complicated because it isn't like btc or bch where you download the app and just send etc.

Jerry0,

A Ledger device is much safer to keep your tokens. I would recommend that you send your tokens from your old manual seed phrase account to a Ledger device. Please note that WAVES does not work within Ledger Live, meaning, that you cannot send and receive WAVES with Ledger Live itself, but have to use Waves Exchange by connecting your Ledger to Waves Exchange. In essence you need to setup your Ledger device and load the WAVES wallet via Ledger Live. This is the only time you would use Ledger Live (perhaps also later if you need to update firmware or wallet versions). Then connect your Ledger device to Waves Exchange and take note of your address. Send your WAVES and any other tokens you want to keep to your Ledger WAVES account. Ledger works in such a way that if you lose your device, you can restore your Ledger device onto a new device using your backed-up Ledger 24 words. This will restore all your wallets including WAVES even if you uninstalled your WAVES from your Ledger. As soon as you re-install the WAVES wallet your WAVES tokens will be displayed again.
Waves.support

Activity: 1311
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2022, 02:44:13 PM

👀🌊
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 04:00:34 PM

👀🌊
What does this mean ?
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2221

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2022, 04:15:46 PM

What does this mean ?

Maybe WAVES 2.0?
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 04:17:06 PM

What does this mean ?

Maybe WAVES 2.0?
weird way to tell
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 07:27:43 PM

What does this mean ?

Maybe WAVES 2.0?

I think it will be Waves 2.0. However I would like to see Waves enter the metaverse properly and also have proper cross-chain integration. It is too difficult currently to engage with Waves in a DeFi way. Lets see though what they come up with.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 08:08:46 PM

It looks like Waves will be doing the following:

• Protocol update to practical Proof of Stake Sharding consensus and support Ethereum Virtual Machine
  • Upgrade to how Waves DAO operates
  • Inter-Metaverse protocol
  • Gravity bridges to access assets on any EVM compatible chains
  • Changes in Waves Labs
coco23

View Profile
February 11, 2022, 07:48:05 AM

This was just a teaser ("announcement of an announcement")

Here you can read more detailed information that were published yesterday: https://wavestech.notion.site/wavestech/Waves-is-Transforming-1-2-c57b90770e314a5cb3ee6d1d1e6710af
Waves.support

Activity: 1311
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2022, 05:15:37 PM

Waves Keeper launches Swap Routing! In version 2.1, you can freely exchange any assets — Waves Keeper will find the best rates via Swop.fi or Puzzle Swap. Try it and get the most profitable swaps right inside your wallet! 🌊🙃
Duchess

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

Rubic stays cubic

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 02:28:38 PM

Waves Keeper looks like it swaps between Waves tokens only? Do you have plans to make it possible to swap between chains for example from Waves to Polygon?

█████ ███ ██             ▐     Multi chain swap    ▐               Rubic Exchange              ▌    DeFi ecosystem    ▌             ██ ███ █████
Swap between 15000+ assets on 11 blockchains (ETH, BSC, Polygon, Avalanche, Moonriver, Fantom, Harmony, Solana, Arbitrum, Aurora, NEAR)
To add exchange widget to project site
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 05:57:06 PM

Six months later, I can make a review about this exchange. These are scammers. I do not recommend using their services, especially staking and algorithmic trading. They promise good interest, but instead of 400 I withdrew only 300 dollars. Think for yourself. There are many decent exchanges and defi. They are SCAM

So you registered here to make this comment and nothing else? Maybe you could share your experience in detail? I am kind of assuming you paid $100 ETH network fees and are upset about that?

Why would he pay eth network fees when he is using the waves platform? the waves exchange have a customer service right inside the exchange (speaking about the app) where he can request for help and understand what happened to the rest of the money, although i have not use the customer service but am guessing it is active.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 06:16:30 PM

Why would he pay eth network fees when he is using the waves platform? the waves exchange have a customer service right inside the exchange (speaking about the app) where he can request for help and understand what happened to the rest of the money, although i have not use the customer service but am guessing it is active.

Waves exchange has a built in bridge where you can withdraw Eth for example from a wrapped version to the non-wrapped version. There are several bridges actually for different coins. Withdrawing ETH is very expensive on Waves just like any other exchange and you pay both Eth fees and some Waves fees but the Waves fee is negligible. So there are cases where one would pay ETH fees.
coco23

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 07:58:23 AM

Waves exchange has a built in bridge where you can withdraw Eth for example from a wrapped version to the non-wrapped version. There are several bridges actually for different coins. Withdrawing ETH is very expensive on Waves just like any other exchange and you pay both Eth fees and some Waves fees but the Waves fee is negligible. So there are cases where one would pay ETH fees.
This is exactly what I meant. Unfortunately the original complaint/question doesn't give details, so it is unclear where the $100 were lost. It could have been in the ETH-bridge, or maybe it was a loss of the algorithmic trading bot. In any case it doesn't sound like it is a fault of the Waves platform itself...
jerry0

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 02:49:57 AM

To those that stored waves in the nano ledger and thus use it with the waves exchange, how do you restore your waves if

Something happens to your computer?

Something happens to your nano ledger?

Is all you need your nano ledger S seed phrase and that is all?  Do you need to copy down your waves address for that waves account linked to nano ledger?  What about the account number like account id 0 etc?

I had set up the waves wallet with nano ledger but im not sure if it did it correctly.  But as long as you send a tiny amount of waves from your seed phrase wallet to the waves linked nano ledger... and send waves from the waves linked nano ledger back to the seed phrase wallet... then you did it correct right?  Before I could send the waves from the waves linked nano ledger to the waves seed phrase account, it had me verify the long waves receiving address before I can confirm and send.  So as long as I got there... then I set it up correctly?

Also right now... I open waves exchange desktop client and enter my local waves account password in order to get into my account.  When I do this, the first account I see is one of my seed phrase account.  I then click switch account and I could switch to another waves seed phrase account I have.. and also the waves account I just created linked to the nano ledger.  I could see the balance in all of these.  So this is the correct way for me to log into my waves account right?  Because I already have a waves account in a NON EMAIL account, that is the method for me to log in?   It did not let me sign up for a new account on the same pc when I tried to click on ledger/waveskeeper.   For example when you open the waves exchange client, i always click on logging in the software method and entering my waves local password... then when i do that... i then have access to my two waves seed phrase accounts... and the waves linked nano ledger acccount.  I would have thought... wouldn't i connect with clicking on logging in with the middle option which is the ledger or waveskeeper option?  But because of my old setup... the way im doing it is correct right?

Now if i want to send any coins from the waves linked nano ledger account, I need to have my nano ledger connected to pc and confirm all transactions right?  But if i want to have waves sent to the waves linked nano account... its not necessary right since well the waves address is literally right there on the top right corner?

Now this is what has me confused.  If I do not have my nano ledger connected to my pc, could I stake/unstake waves or even trade coins in the waves exchange?  I know I can't send any waves from the waves linked account to any other waves account unless nano ledger connected to pc and I approve the transaction.  But could you trade though without it?  Example imagine wanting to trade waves for btc or usdn or any other coin in  and vice versa in the trading tab.  At firsI it has to be required... but then I thought... no way that would be the case.  Which is it?  
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 06:06:31 AM

To those that stored waves in the nano ledger and thus use it with the waves exchange, how do you restore your waves if

Something happens to your computer?

Something happens to your nano ledger?

Your private keys are stored in the Waves wallet on the Ledger. Your Ledger has a seed phrase of 24 words that you need to keep safe. If you lose your Ledger, then you get a new blank, uninitialized Ledger device. Then you restore your 24 Ledger words to the new device and it will be exactly the same as your previous device. When you then reload your Waves wallet on the new Ledger device, then all your wallet addresses with Waves in them will be restored as well as your private keys stored in the Ledger device. So as long as you have your Ledger device's 24 words you do not have to worry about losing or damaging your current Ledger device.

If you lose your computer or if the hard drive becomes corrupt, you get a new PC or reload your PC and reload Waves Exhange. Go through the process gain to link your Ledger and everything is back to where it was as your Waves are stored on your Ledger device and not in Waves Exchange on your PC. Let me repeat, if you use a Ledger device the coins are on the device and not on the PC.

Is all you need your nano ledger S seed phrase and that is all?  Do you need to copy down your waves address for that waves account linked to nano ledger?  What about the account number like account id 0 etc?

Yes all you need to recover your old Ledger wallets to a new Ledger device is the Ledger 24 words (or seed phrases as you call it). You don't need to take down anything else because when you connect your Ledger again to Waves Exchange, all your accounts will be there again.

I had set up the waves wallet with nano ledger but im not sure if it did it correctly.  But as long as you send a tiny amount of waves from your seed phrase wallet to the waves linked nano ledger... and send waves from the waves linked nano ledger back to the seed phrase wallet... then you did it correct right?  Before I could send the waves from the waves linked nano ledger to the waves seed phrase account, it had me verify the long waves receiving address before I can confirm and send.  So as long as I got there... then I set it up correctly?[/b]

Yes, it seems you did it correctly. It is normal good practice to send a small amount to the device first to see that it words, send a small amount back to see that it workds and then send the motherload to the Ledger device. If you did this and it worked then you are good to go. Then you can discard your online wallet or "seed phrase wallet" as you call it. From then onwards only use the wallet addresses on your Ledger

Also right now... I open waves exchange desktop client and enter my local waves account password in order to get into my account.  When I do this, the first account I see is one of my seed phrase account.  I then click switch account and I could switch to another waves seed phrase account I have.. and also the waves account I just created linked to the nano ledger.  I could see the balance in all of these.  So this is the correct way for me to log into my waves account right?  Because I already have a waves account in a NON EMAIL account, that is the method for me to log in?   It did not let me sign up for a new account on the same pc when I tried to click on ledger/waveskeeper.   For example when you open the waves exchange client, i always click on logging in the software method and entering my waves local password... then when i do that... i then have access to my two waves seed phrase accounts... and the waves linked nano ledger acccount.  I would have thought... wouldn't i connect with clicking on logging in with the middle option which is the ledger or waveskeeper option?  But because of my old setup... the way im doing it is correct right?

When you initially created your Waves Exchange master account, it was a shell to add in any other wallet addresses you have. These addresses can be software accounts which you load by typing in a sequence of words or "seed phrase" as you call it. You can also add Ledger wallet addresses. All these addresses that you add will go into your master account on Waves Exchange. If you want to get rid of this, then move all your Waves from all your software wallet addresses to the wallet address on your Ledger device, then all your Waves will be safe. Then you can uninstall Waves Exchange and re-install, create a new master account and only link your Ledger Waves addresses, then all your old Waves wallet addresses will be gone. Should you ever want to add them again, just add an account and type in the seedphrase and they will be added to the list of addresses you see after you type in the password of your master exchange account.

Now if i want to send any coins from the waves linked nano ledger account, I need to have my nano ledger connected to pc and confirm all transactions right?  But if i want to have waves sent to the waves linked nano account... its not necessary right since well the waves address is literally right there on the top right corner?

Yes, that is the beauty of a Ledger device, you have to confirm each transaction on the device by pressing a button. This means that if womeone wants to steal your coins they also need to have physical access to your device to press the button else it will not work. The software wallets are unlocked when you open your master account and the private keys  for those are stored on your PC. It is therefore easy for someone to steal the coins in the software accounts as you do not need to confirm anything with a second factor.

Now this is what has me confused.  If I do not have my nano ledger connected to my pc, could I stake/unstake waves or even trade coins in the waves exchange?  I know I can't send any waves from the waves linked account to any other waves account unless nano ledger connected to pc and I approve the transaction.  But could you trade though without it?  Example imagine wanting to trade waves for btc or usdn or any other coin in  and vice versa in the trading tab.  At firsI it has to be required... but then I thought... no way that would be the case.  Which is it?  

Any action that you perform that moves or affects coins that are stored on you Ledger device, like an outward transaction, you will have to review and confirm on the device before actioned. Every time going forward including trading and staking. It is the safety of the device and how it is designed.
jerry0

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 07:05:13 PM

Hey man thanks for the very long response on this.  I have a few more questions and your answers are very clear.  I never had anyone that answered my waves questions so clearly and appreciate that.

1.  I assumed you have removed your waves app from nano ledger few times and re-added it back assuming you use a nano ledger s since it has little space and you needed to add new apps?  Or you never done this because you either didn't need to you have the nano ledger x?  Should I test removing the waves app and re-adding the waves app to see if there is any issue?  I read a case where someone mentioned they removed their waves app due to not much space on their ledger s temporarily and then when they re-added, they mentioned their waves account was not added back... but like their account id 0... it showed a completely different account with 0 waves.  Do you know how this is possible or what kind of issue there is?  They never answered if they found out the solution to this or not.  This is why I also asked if we needed to know if the account id number but you say you just need the waves seed phrase.

2.  Have you ever restored your seed phrase ever with the nano ledger?  I have done that before but i only had btc and bch in it and after adding the apps and the accounts to ledger live, then it showed up.  I'm curious if you ever did this yourself such as restore you entire nano ledger seed phrase and then tested... okay the waves are still there.

3. You say Yes, it seems you did it correctly. When you first set the waves with nano ledger, on the waves instructions, there is a step where it ask Confirm the request on Ledger Nano device by comparing the request hash between the Waves.Exchange app and the data on the Ledger screen. If the hash is correct, confirm it on your device. It is a very long request hash like gmia68ufsoijfkalsjdflasjdfljfkasdklajfdasljfsa if you look at the instructions on this. I am looking at the instructions of it again and I am close to positive I did this when I first did the setup but not 100% though I'm close to positive I had to confirm a long hash like this at setup.  But as long as I had sent waves from the waves seed phrase to the waves nano ledger account and then did it other way around... when it showed the waves receiving address on the nano ledger s screen before me confirming it on the nano ledger device itself...then its 100% that i did this correctly right?  Again, I just want to make sure for certain this new waves account is indeed linked to the nano ledger.  

4.  Do you use the waves exchange desktop client or the waves exchange website?  I always do everything on the desktop client as I'm concerned about doing it in the online wallet.  Though I heard... both is still the same thing in terms of safety?  Or is that not true?  Now you originally had your waves in a seed phrase like most people right?  So did you do exactly what I did?  Basically log into the waves exchange desktop client, enter your local password for software wallet.  Then got into account.  Went to switch account.  Then add account and then add account and thus added the new waves account linked to the ledger?  

5.  You used the term Waves Exchange Master Account.  Wow I like this term as this makes everything easier to describe. Yea... so I could use the same waves exchange master account and only have the waves nano ledger account in it and no issue? Right now I have waves in both of my seed phrase accounts and also in the nano ledger account.  But if i move all my waves from both seed phrase accounts to the waves nano ledger account, can i still log in as I do right now?  But would it even matter in terms of safety if say I have 0 waves in my two waves seed phrase accounts?  The thing is I do not mind keeping these two seed phrase accounts as well even if say it has 0 waves.  But if I move all my waves to the waves nano ledger account, does this mean I can still login by clicking on software and entering the same local password?  If I do this, will the first account that load actually be the waves nano ledger account or one of the other two seed phrase accounts?  I do not actually want my waves seed phrase accounts gone.

So did you uninstall your old waves master account and created a new waves master account with new password and click log in with nano ledger each time now?  Thus your log in now is different than before?  So do you just open waves exchange desktop client, click on connect with nano ledger and enter the new password each time you log in?  

6.  You say Any action that you perform that moves or affects coins that are stored on you Ledger device, like an outward transaction, you will have to review and confirm on the device before actioned. Every time going forward including trading and staking. It is the safety of the device and how it is designed.

I am shocked by this.  So every single trade you need to do, you need to review it and confirm it.  So when you go to stake something, what exactly does it show on the screen?  Do you want to take to this waves address?  When you want to do a trade like say trade 1 waves for btc, what exactly will it display on the ledger screen?  Is it actually going to display the transaction like okay do you want to trade 1 waves for like 0.0000001 btc or something?  

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 09:18:40 PM

Hey man thanks for the very long response on this.  I have a few more questions and your answers are very clear.  I never had anyone that answered my waves questions so clearly and appreciate that.

Glad to be of assistance

1.  I assumed you have removed your waves app from nano ledger few times and re-added it back assuming you use a nano ledger s since it has little space and you needed to add new apps?  Or you never done this because you either didn't need to you have the nano ledger x?  Should I test removing the waves app and re-adding the waves app to see if there is any issue?  I read a case where someone mentioned they removed their waves app due to not much space on their ledger s temporarily and then when they re-added, they mentioned their waves account was not added back... but like their account id 0... it showed a completely different account with 0 waves.  Do you know how this is possible or what kind of issue there is?  They never answered if they found out the solution to this or not.  This is why I also asked if we needed to know if the account id number but you say you just need the waves seed phrase.

Never heard of that. The way Ledger works is that when you delete and put it back all is back like it was. If you doubt this test it yourself before you send the big amount over. A Ledger Nano S can take 138kb of apps. Waves is a small amount of kb so still plenty of space if you want to add other accounts like. Depending on size of the accounts you can get two or three big wallets on a Nano S or more if the extra wallet is related to the base wallet of that coin, for example if you have Eth wallet on a Nano S adding BSC will be a very small addition. If you want to add a lot of base wallets like BTC and ETH and ADA and AVAx etc. you will get stuck at two wallets. Unless you do funny stuff it would seldom be needed for you to remove your Waves app. If Waves is your primary wallet you ever use then keep that one on the Ledger and rather remove other wallets as and when needed.

2.  Have you ever restored your seed phrase ever with the nano ledger?  I have done that before but I only had btc and bch in it and after adding the apps and the accounts to ledger live, then it showed up.  I'm curious if you ever did this yourself such as restore you entire nano ledger seed phrase and then tested... okay the waves are still there.

Again, even if I tell you it works, it seems you want to test it yourself so go ahead and test it by resetting your Ledger and re-entering the words and see if it is the same or not.

3. You say Yes, it seems you did it correctly. When you first set the waves with nano ledger, on the waves instructions, there is a step where it ask Confirm the request on Ledger Nano device by comparing the request hash between the Waves.Exchange app and the data on the Ledger screen. If the hash is correct, confirm it on your device. It is a very long request hash like gmia68ufsoijfkalsjdflasjdfljfkasdklajfdasljfsa if you look at the instructions on this. I am looking at the instructions of it again and I am close to positive I did this when I first did the setup but not 100% though I'm close to positive I had to confirm a long hash like this at setup.  But as long as I had sent waves from the waves seed phrase to the waves nano ledger account and then did it other way around... when it showed the waves receiving address on the nano ledger s screen before me confirming it on the nano ledger device itself...then its 100% that i did this correctly right?  Again, I just want to make sure for certain this new waves account is indeed linked to the nano ledger.

Just send a small amount of Waves from the online account to the Ledger account address and back. If it appears on both sides it is fine. You will see several confirmation messages when working with a Ledger. The most important is the receiving address or sending address.

4.  Do you use the waves exchange desktop client or the waves exchange website?  I always do everything on the desktop client as I'm concerned about doing it in the online wallet.  Though I heard... both is still the same thing in terms of safety?  Or is that not true?  Now you originally had your waves in a seed phrase like most people right?  So did you do exactly what I did?  Basically log into the waves exchange desktop client, enter your local password for software wallet.  Then got into account.  Went to switch account.  Then add account and then add account and thus added the new waves account linked to the ledger?  

If you use a Ledger, it does not matter which wallet you use as the safety is in the buttons you need to press. The steps you mention will work.

5.  You used the term Waves Exchange Master Account.  Wow I like this term as this makes everything easier to describe. Yea... so I could use the same waves exchange master account and only have the waves nano ledger account in it and no issue? Right now I have waves in both of my seed phrase accounts and also in the nano ledger account.  But if i move all my waves from both seed phrase accounts to the waves nano ledger account, can i still log in as I do right now?  But would it even matter in terms of safety if say I have 0 waves in my two waves seed phrase accounts?  The thing is I do not mind keeping these two seed phrase accounts as well even if say it has 0 waves.  But if I move all my waves to the waves nano ledger account, does this mean I can still login by clicking on software and entering the same local password?  If I do this, will the first account that load actually be the waves nano ledger account or one of the other two seed phrase accounts?  I do not actually want my waves seed phrase accounts gone.

You can have as many online wallets in your Master account and it will not impact the safety of your Ledger wallet as the Ledger's safety is in the buttons you press. Even if you have malware in your PC your funds cannot be stolen unless you press the button. The order of the accounts as listed in your Master account does not matter.

So did you uninstall your old waves master account and created a new waves master account with new password and click log in with nano ledger each time now?  Thus your log in now is different than before?  So do you just open waves exchange desktop client, click on connect with nano ledger and enter the new password each time you log in?  

When you login to the Waves Exchange, select the Ledger option and then type in your Master account password and thats it.

6.  You say Any action that you perform that moves or affects coins that are stored on you Ledger device, like an outward transaction, you will have to review and confirm on the device before actioned. Every time going forward including trading and staking. It is the safety of the device and how it is designed.

I am shocked by this.  So every single trade you need to do, you need to review it and confirm it.  So when you go to stake something, what exactly does it show on the screen?  Do you want to take to this waves address?  When you want to do a trade like say trade 1 waves for btc, what exactly will it display on the ledger screen?  Is it actually going to display the transaction like okay do you want to trade 1 waves for like 0.0000001 btc or something?

Dont be shocked, be glad. This is is why a Ledger is so secure. You press a button each and every time you do anything linked to an account on the Ledger. There are lots of info displayed on the screen of a Ledger that you need to review. The best is for you to do a test transaction and see what are all the items displayed.

I hope all your questions are now answered and that you get everything right.
jerry0

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 10:57:51 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2022, 11:16:36 PM by jerry0

Hey man thanks again for clarifying all of this in detail.  These are my last few questions to your response and that will be all.

1.  My nano ledger has btc, bch apps installed on it.  I recently installed the waves wallet app.  I would not say the waves wallet app is that small, it still uses like 34kb or so?  The apps like bch, ltc are tiny as they are 2kb only.  Btc of course is a bit bigger at over 60kb+.  Right now i still have over 30kb+ available space on my nano ledger s.  I have not needed to remove an app and re-add an app because I don't own so many different coins.  But if I did and say I only had one device, the one app I would make sure to not remove and re-add would be btc.  But now after adding waves, it might be waves I do not remove and re-add.  But have you removed the waves app and re-added it a bit later and no issue?  I can try it as a test but curious if you already did it and it works.

2.  I wanted to know if you ever restored your seed phrase with the nano ledger and then everything restored like normal with the waves.  I have done this before previously with just having btc and bch in it and it was fine.  Oh no... if you tell me it works for you, I trust you and not bother with this.  

3.  So am I fine with this then?  Send pretty much almost all my waves from both of my seed phrases to the waves nano ledger account and say keep just a few waves in each of the waves seed phrases?  Like say keep
1 or 2 waves in each account and send everything to the waves nano ledger account?  The reason I actually want to do this is because I like the way my login is right now.  But even if I send all my waves, its still fine as you say?  Thus open waves desktop client, click on software, enter my waves master account password.  Then it immediately logs into one of my seed phrase accounts and all I have to do is just switch account and go to the other seed phrase account or the waves nano ledger account.  Like since it works the way it is now, I like to keep it that way.  

4.  You say the way I have it now is the same exact security I get if I log in to the second option of the nano ledger with the master account password since it still requires me pressing buttons.  So there really is no point of changing the way I log in right?  Again my concern was me leaving it this way might have issues in the future if I need to restore my nano ledger seed phrase because right now I click on sign in with software... vs ledger in the sign in menu options.  But you said as long as its connected which I already did at setup and have the nano ledger seed phrase, I'm fine.  I also noticed something.  With my two waves seed phrase accounts and the waves nano ledger account... whichever account you are on... before you close the waves exchange desktop client... the next time you log in with the local password, it would open the last account that was closed.  So since I want the waves nano ledger account to show up always first, then I can just make sure its on that account before I close the client each time?

5.  I said

You said

When you login to the Waves Exchange, select the Ledger option and then type in your Master account password and thats it.

Just to confirm above.  You are saying at the moment, open the waves exchange desktop client.  Click on ledger option to log in.  Then enter the exact master password I am using right now with the software wallet for the ledger option?  I cannot imagine it being like this... I thought you always have to create a new password each time for a different type of login whether its software or ledger?  With this method, you do not need your nano ledger connected to the pic right when you do this?  I know you said earlier you only need it when needing to confirm a transaction.

Because if you look at it from someone who isn't tech savy, doesn't it seem like if you already have a waves nano ledger account, you have to log in with the second option as oppose to the software option?  And it would seem if you weren't tech savy, if you have a waves seed phrase account, you have to click on the software option to log in? Because two different people could literally each have a waves nano ledger account and say a seed phrase account... but one person logs in by clicking on the ledger option...but the other person clicks on the software option?  Then they each click on switch account whenever they want to check their other account whether its the waves nano ledger or the seed phrase account?

Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: