Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Goodomy [GOOD] v3 with DAG-based smart contracts and 0.7s transactions  (Read 15004 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:25:27 AM

If I got you right, then it means the final destination of all GOOD token will be shopomy app instead of exchange.

But only thing now puzzle me how the shopomy accounts are getting created with GOOD$. It means some token should be burned when a account is created. Otherwise creating a shopomy account/or  rewards distribution/ bounty in shopomy app is just creating a additional wealth (i.e inflation).

I am alive
kosmost (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:09:43 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 04:44:23 AM by kosmost

If I got you right, then it means the final destination of all GOOD token will be shopomy app instead of exchange.

But only thing now puzzle me how the shopomy accounts are getting created with GOOD$. It means some token should be burned when a account is created. Otherwise creating a shopomy account/or  rewards distribution/ bounty in shopomy app is just creating a additional wealth (i.e inflation).

There is no 'final destination' for our tokens, just as there is no final destination for an Ethereum token itself.

Burning tokens would actually hurt economic growth. This would be similar to burning Ethereum whenever someone wanted an Ethereum-based token. The Ethereum used to obtain Golem, for example, is sent back into circulation. If we burned Ethereum instead of re-circulating it, it would mean that the more popular Golem became the more Ethereum's economy was destroyed.

Being a utility token, it should not be burned (as that would convey that it is a convertible currency). The GOOD token's utiity is in its ability to be used as a license for GOOD dollars. The more tokens you have the more rights to GOOD dollars you could potentially obtain.

Imagine if Microsoft created only 888,000,000 Windows installation licenses and disks. People would purchase Windows not because they wanted the disk but the utility that it presents. But it doesn't mean that the disk should be burned after they're done installing it. In order for Windows to be on billions of computers, in this analogy, people would keep the license and send back the disk so that others could use it for the same purpose.

One method allows for tremendous scale whereas another does not. We use this method because we cannot create an unlimited number of tokens like Windows can do with disks. Instead, we're using the token in order to scale exponentially within the 'operating system' we have created.

Inflation is good, as is additional 'wealth' in this respect. It allows economies to grow. But in this model, hyperinflation isn't possible. The value of a GOOD dollar is in its use with the US dollar, not independent from it. One GOOD dollar will always be used with one USD. It could not possibly be used with $2 USD, for example.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Apollyon2017

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:05:33 AM

But only thing now puzzle me how the shopomy accounts are getting created with GOOD$. It means some token should be burned when a account is created. Otherwise creating a shopomy account/or  rewards distribution/ bounty in shopomy app is just creating a additional wealth (i.e inflation).

Good idea. It will avoid the point where Good tokens will be useless since Good Dollars can be created out of thin air without accountability. Burn Good Tokens in proportion to the existing App Exchange rate.

Having no blockchain of its own where we can trace the flow of coins and wallets, it will be possible for a rogue programmer or even a hacker to create for himself some Good dollars that can greatly affect the App's and the whole Goodomy economy.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 08:53:34 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 09:35:24 AM by kosmost

But only thing now puzzle me how the shopomy accounts are getting created with GOOD$. It means some token should be burned when a account is created. Otherwise creating a shopomy account/or  rewards distribution/ bounty in shopomy app is just creating a additional wealth (i.e inflation).

Good idea. It will avoid the point where Good tokens will be useless since Good Dollars can be created out of thin air without accountability. Burn Good Tokens in proportion to the existing App Exchange rate.

Having no blockchain of its own where we can trace the flow of coins and wallets, it will be possible for a rogue programmer or even a hacker to create for himself some Good dollars that can greatly affect the App's and the whole Goodomy economy.

Good dollars cannot be created out of thin air. All values must add up and be attributed to some verifiable action. We're developing a kind of block lattice where any value that isn't connected to multiple other values will be made obvious and perhaps quarantined. Transparency is in the works, but we're still quite new. As noted previously, the idea is to move GOOD dollars to its own sidechain or blockchain where transactions (and supply) can be input into a ledger.

One of my first considerations was to create a method where hacking would actually benefit rather than harm the economy. If a hacker managed to create $300,000 for himself and this somehow went un-noticed, they would have 2 choices: 1) keep it in their wallet; or 2) use it - one transaction at a time - to provide liquidity to businesses, limited to the discount value of inventory on offer.

This wouldn't be a scenario like where an exchange is hacked and someone makes off with x value. The hacker's actions in the above scenario would normally benefit businesses. 1 GOOD = 1 USD of value that must be used with it on either side of the transaction.

If the hacker decided to buy a Lamborghini with his loot, then it could mean that the car dealership might obtain less tokens from the marketplace (if that was their intention). It could also mean that the dealership sold something they might not otherwise have been able to and would then have a $300,000 GOOD reward for someone else to buy another car. This might help to convince them that retail mining is good for their business, as well as tell others about it. It is possible that the hacker might provide a service to the economy, but there is no way to measure this. Hacking is still a negative but at least we can minimize the effect and turn it into more of a positive.

That being said, such a system is in the works and will probably be based off of EOS.

MrUnconventional

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:52:36 AM

Kosmost, when you get a chance, here's something for you to look over as a possible feature integration into the Goodomy app.

Have a look at the "save search" and notification system that is available on www.reverb.com  - It basically gives you the ability to save searches and have notifications sent to you when a vendor adds a product you are interested in.

This is a fantastic feature and I have scored some rare gear directly as a result of this feature. For example, I was looking for a certain piece of gear for about 10 years with no luck, but within about 3 months obtained it from a store on reverb thanks to one of my saved searches with notifications turned on. I was notified instantly when it was available.

This would be a powerful feature in the app if it allowed notifications when a certain item has been made available through a Goodomy retailer/seller. I'm not talking about email notifications, I'm talking about the app push notifications feature.

On reverb, create an account, confirm it and perform a search for something like Marshall Amp, add it to your watch list and save the search. You'll see a pop window offering to add it to your "daily" feed.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 09:48:46 AM

Kosmost, when you get a chance, here's something for you to look over as a possible feature integration into the Goodomy app.

Have a look at the "save search" and notification system that is available on www.reverb.com  - It basically gives you the ability to save searches and have notifications sent to you when a vendor adds a product you are interested in.

This is a fantastic feature and I have scored some rare gear directly as a result of this feature. For example, I was looking for a certain piece of gear for about 10 years with no luck, but within about 3 months obtained it from a store on reverb thanks to one of my saved searches with notifications turned on. I was notified instantly when it was available.

This would be a powerful feature in the app if it allowed notifications when a certain item has been made available through a Goodomy retailer/seller. I'm not talking about email notifications, I'm talking about the app push notifications feature.

On reverb, create an account, confirm it and perform a search for something like Marshall Amp, add it to your watch list and save the search. You'll see a pop window offering to add it to your "daily" feed.

Thanks for the feature suggestion. It seems like a good idea and would save people from searching for the same things all the time, especially if they're trying to find a deal on it. It would be especially useful as we open up to ecommerce listings and there are more listings overall.

paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 04:59:15 PM

Nice microcap. Best of luck!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:14:42 PM

Nice microcap. Best of luck!

Thanks!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 04:13:02 AM

The new Goodomy app is coming within ~10 days

https://www.reddit.com/r/Goodomy/comments/8qpf3f/new_goodomy_app_coming_within_10_days/?st=jie1327f&sh=31ef22e5

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 12:42:35 PM

How many days are left to complete 10 days? You're moving away from your roadmap.

The new version of the app was released a couple of days ago, as noted on our subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Goodomy/

However, there are some channels I have not announced it on, such as this one and Twitter.

We're also hard at work on the next big release.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 12:45:39 PM

I rely that the project will perform all that has been planned.
 Good luck all.

Thanks much!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

Goodomy version 1.0 coming August 24

https://www.reddit.com/r/Goodomy/comments/8wbiqs/goodomy_version_10_coming_august_24/?st=jj8qbdm0&sh=4d1ba6d9

We are excited to announce that version 1.0 of Goodomy will be ready by next month. We've taken feedback from retailers and users received since our launch in May and have implemented nearly alll of the most-requested features.

Goodomy v1.0 will include:

• ability to browse without registering
  • ability for users to see (and use Goodomy for) e-commerce listings from around the world
  • ability for retailers to post their e-commerce listings and use Goodomy for the transactions
  • send Goodomy to anyone in the world with just their mobile number
  • send a tip or payment via the Goodomy QR code (posted on their blog or other website, video, laptop, mailbox, etc)
  • A more social 'People' tab, the hub of the new user experience

Our primary intention with version 1.0 is to make a popular consumer app, powered by cryptocurrency. We also want to get our marketing costs down to about $1-2 per active user. As you may know, as a consumer-friendly app we are in the unique position to advertise it to millions of users via Google Adwords and YouTube. We've had some very positive results with our last major release but felt that we could make much more efficient use of our marketing budget with some tweaks. That is what Goodomy 1.0 is about.

A few days ago we released version 0.9.9.0, which included the Goodomy re-brand and currency conversions. We've been hard at work on version 1.0 since May and are excited to have been able to incorporate nearly all valuable feedback in our flagship.[/size]

ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

Goodomy v.1.0 (24 August)
https://coindar.org/en/event/goodomy-good-goodomy-v10-11217
Apollyon2017

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:48:29 AM

Any proof of life?

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 01:59:03 AM

Any proof of life?

We're working on getting version 1.0 released ahead of schedule (August 24)

I suppose the only 'proof of life' for now would be how fast I responded to your question Smiley

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:08:22 AM

Hello. I believe it is a good project. Apperceptive idea, engaging vision.

Thanks! We're working very hard on incorporating user/business feedback into something truly awesome!

Apollyon2017

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:31:02 AM

Any proof of life?

I suppose the only 'proof of life' for now would be how fast I responded to your question Smiley

That'll do...that'll do.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:47:21 AM

Any proof of life?

That'll do...that'll do.

I'd rather the project appear comatose for a few weeks in order to increase productivity than appear active but not really have anything going on.

From what I can see in crypto, most projects appear active but don't really have working products. Instead, they promise great technological advances in future as a means to support their market cap.

We're going for the low-hanging fruit that just happens to be over 1 billion everyday consumers and millions of small businesses around the world.

We will hype with consumers and small businesses, not crypto. Once  they begin to use version 1.0 (with some needing to obtain tokens) the token will hype itself once people see it making significant moves on CMC.

Apollyon2017

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:01:37 PM

I have a suggestion... you can do this later on when you have released the working version 1.0....

Instead of making the retailers/businesses buy tokens (GOODOMY) from crypto exchanges, you can make them available on cards that can easily be bought from partner convenience stores around the world and loaded on their accounts. In this way, it would take all the technicalities off the process while making full use of the existing familiar techniques, which would open Goodomy's door to a wider userbase.

What do you think, will this be feasible?
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 02:01:36 PM

I have a suggestion... you can do this later on when you have released the working version 1.0....

Instead of making the retailers/businesses buy tokens (GOODOMY) from crypto exchanges, you can make them available on cards that can easily be bought from partner convenience stores around the world and loaded on their accounts. In this way, it would take all the technicalities off the process while making full use of the existing familiar techniques, which would open Goodomy's door to a wider userbase.

What do you think, will this be feasible?

There would be some who know how to obtain it via Ethereum and would offer it to others at a premium. There is already a way to create a post for your surplus Goodomy, with the transaction or whatever being handled offline. In the new version this can also be done via QR code or mobile number.

With mobile phones I think cards aren't necessary but of course it's something to think about.

Thanks for the suggestion! If you have any others please let us know Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: