Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:13:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon auctioning their 55nm chips  (Read 8106 times)
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:05:28 PM

for what its worth, avalon just issued a tracking number for a sample pack of 10 chips. (not visible via ems yet)
I'm still waiting to hear back on getting some sort of samples to do an Avalon Gen2 design, but it's been just silence on their end. When did you request samples?

Hi,

It seems I lost a batch of sample request due to email filter issues (expecially at the beginning). Please fill this form (again):

http://avalon-asics.com/my-account/sample-chip-request/

Delivery address must have valid phone number and ZIP code. I will take care of them tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

ng

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:56:27 PM

for what its worth, avalon just issued a tracking number for a sample pack of 10 chips. (not visible via ems yet)
I'm still waiting to hear back on getting some sort of samples to do an Avalon Gen2 design, but it's been just silence on their end. When did you request samples?

I requested sometime around last thursday/friday, and got the address confirmation email on saturday, and the shipping email today.

problem is, i now need to move fast on having a test board of some type, but am not terribly impressed by the current options (the opensource has 2 levels of pcb (assembly PITA) and the hex16 looks like it has some more work needed.

anyone have a good suggestion for 10-chip design?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:29:56 AM

I requested sometime around last thursday/friday, and got the address confirmation email on saturday, and the shipping email today.

problem is, i now need to move fast on having a test board of some type, but am not terribly impressed by the current options (the opensource has 2 levels of pcb (assembly PITA) and the hex16 looks like it has some more work needed.

anyone have a good suggestion for 10-chip design?
Now that hardware errors have been resolved, why not use the open source Klondike design ?
With a few changes you could have it up and running in a short time.
If I could design a PCB I would to it.
I asked for some sample chips to connect to the Klondike design but my request must have been inadequate.
I don't have any PCB design experience. Sad
ScaryHash

Activity: 529

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:34:59 AM

The Klondike has been finalized and is hashing. So, if the chips are pin compatible and package compatible, it should just take some minor tweaking to make it go.

However, considering that Avalon delays almost killed the Klondike to begin with, I doubt anybody in their right mind would trust Avalon...unless some real financial incentive was on the table, i.e. some chip discounts.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:41:39 AM

The Klondike has been finalized and is hashing. So, if the chips are pin compatible and package compatible, it should just take some minor tweaking to make it go.

However, considering that Avalon delays almost killed the Klondike to begin with, I doubt anybody in their right mind would trust Avalon...unless some real financial incentive was on the table, i.e. some chip discounts.

my understanding is that:
1) the klondike used hard-to-find/expensive components
2) the avalon gen2 chips may be the same size, but have a different pinout that likely requires a slightly re-traced PCB.

I dont have PCB experience, but have quality fab options available if there is a good simple design

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:03:33 AM

2) the avalon gen2 chips may be the same size, but have a different pinout that likely requires a slightly re-traced PCB.

I dont have PCB experience, but have quality fab options available if there is a good simple design
Yes the PCB would need changes because the ASIC chips have some differences.
I would get a different power supply like this one. http://www.lineagepower.com/oem/pdf/UDT020A0X.pdf
Layout the board with all the chips together and not divided by the power supplies.
Probable use a PIC18 that has more memory and an easier USB bootloader.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:22:42 AM

Hi,

It seems I lost a batch of sample request due to email filter issues (expecially at the beginning). Please fill this form (again):

Delivery address must have valid phone number and ZIP code. I will take care of them tomorrow.

ng

Hello ngzhang, what about your trade-in promise? In fact, those one who bought your FPGA were financing your Avalon Gen-1. Yifu is always speaking on this forum so he is the most infamous person in the Avalon team. But you are also a liar, aren't you?

What is your role in the Batch III delaying? Why you not compensate the customer for your unacceptable delaying?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:40:56 AM

Hi,

ng

After all this silence you come here only when you need money? Grats on your avalon gen1 chip and everything, but now you failed big time. Enjoy your chinese buyers, this forum doesn't want you around here.

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:09:12 AM

Hi,

ng

After all this silence you come here only when you need money? Grats on your avalon gen1 chip and everything, but now you failed big time. Enjoy your chinese buyers, this forum doesn't want you around here.

Wouldn't that be nice if it was the truth. The truth is there are plenty of people in this very thread who will justify working with these criminals again and I hope they all get what they deserve!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:18:50 AM

Hi,

ng

Wouldn't that be nice if it was the truth. The truth is there are plenty of people in this very thread who will justify working with these criminals again and I hope they all get what they deserve!

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! Greedy fuckers is what those who deal with Avalon are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let Avalon sell thier shit to China,that way the Chinese Mafia know where to find em  Kiss

If I knew Y I FU's & Ngzhang address I'd sell it to those guys in a heart beat  Tongue Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:49:27 AM

Hi,

ng

+1 Although it would be a sad day for anyone to give Avalon a single Satoshi, there are countless people still hurting horribly as a result of the chips failing to deliver on time. It cost millions beyond the chips themselves. I can't really understand the willingness to deal with these people give what has happened. BFL/Avalon two sides to a double headed coin. People should boycott both these companies and let them rot.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:51:57 AM

Hi,

ng

Rot in hell you piece of shit!!!

Pay the community what you owe them, or dont ever show your fcking cunt face on here.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:48:40 PM

Yes the PCB would need changes because the ASIC chips have some differences.
I would get a different power supply like this one. http://www.lineagepower.com/oem/pdf/UDT020A0X.pdf
Layout the board with all the chips together and not divided by the power supplies.
Probable use a PIC18 that has more memory and an easier USB bootloader.

times like this i wish i was an electrical engineer *sigh* - however i might suggest this power supply:  Texas Instruments TPS53355   -  i dont know how it compares in price, but it has a VERY small footprint (needs thermal vias), is 30A, and is what bitfury uses to run a 16-chip board near its maximum capacity. I imagine 16 avalon gen2 chips will also require close to 30A if running at higher speeds. Also, the component's output voltage is controlled by the value of a resistor linked to it, so changing the voltage from 0.8->0.9v for example is as easy as swapping in a slightly lower resistance or pencil modding.

also, can people start to get over the avalon hate? they seriously screwed people over (espescially anyone invoved in the K16 projects) by "losing" thier chips and slow hipping of batch 3. i get it. but now they have completed 1 (out of 3!) auctions to the satisfaction of bidders, and are selling and delivering currently stocked items for fairly competitive rates (3.5BTC for 110GH right now isnt bad, not enough to make me buy, but close)

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:30:00 PM

also, can people start to get over the avalon hate? they seriously screwed people over (espescially anyone invoved in the K16 projects) by "losing" thier chips and slow hipping of batch 3. i get it. but now they have completed 1 (out of 3!) auctions to the satisfaction of bidders, and are selling and delivering currently stocked items for fairly competitive rates (3.5BTC for 110GH right now isnt bad, not enough to make me buy, but close)

Yeah sure we will START getting over it, we won't be done for a few years.

"Gee guys they raped your mother on Monday, it's Wednesday already, get over it"

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:34:34 PM

Sorry that you fucked over an entire community with your broken promises and outright fraud against your customers during Gen1. I hope you understand my sentiment of telling you to fuck off and eat a bag of dicks. Thank you.

It is sickening you show your face here.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:11:05 PM

I think the total damage is more than 50k$ and you say that we should move on and to help them make more money than before? Wtf is wrong with you? How about i rob you of all your belongings, but i don't hurt anyone else and i start socializing with everyone else would you like to be told to get over it? Don't think so.

eroxors
Legendary

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:39:49 PM

They stole FPGA trade-ins, delivered batch 2 (and some batch 1) units late, batch 3 is far too late to be viable. Chips were delivered over two months late because another big buyer jumped in line, despite their "no-bs terms," they have screwed the community out of MILLIONS due to their lies and shenanigans.

Ohh, but they sold some units for pretty cheap, so their okay in your book? WTF?

ngzhang

Activity: 592

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:59:00 PM

Thank you for all encouragement and inspiration above, there is no doubt Avalon project will not grow up without your criticisms.

We learned a lot from our experiences with Avalon Gen1 chips. now we make the whole process much more smoothly, include packaging, testing, shipping and overall operational methods. Also,  we have new employees recently.

Therefore, we have expansion our Avalon Gen2 chips production capacity to 1-2PH per month form now, until our next gen chip takes over.

Of course, do not need to worry about the chips sell. We are offering design support and chip discounts for a number of "moved on" customers. I think you will see the first batch of their mining machines soon. Also, we will not waste a cent on losers.

Beyond that, we also perpared private facilities and resources for maching production. But now, we are focus on chip production, open-sourced machine design, enterprise class mining center design and deployment solutions. If there are any unpredictable issues with our partner, we can offer them OEM machines immediately in the worst case. Due to lack of end-user service resources, we may try to avoid retail mining machines directly.

Decentration is one for the most important spirit of Bitcoin, so we still stick to chip selling, rather than maching making or self-mining, this is our belief but needs the joint efforts of the whole community.

I don't want to fight, but there are something I want to protect in the future, so I fight.

PS:

Avalon Gen2 sample chips request:

Avalon Gen2 chips purchase:

http://avalon-asics.com/product/a3255-55nm-chip-500-count-reel/

note: we will upgrade 500 reel to 2500 reel soon.

Thanks for reading, have a good day and happy mining.
eroxors
Legendary

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:07:20 PM

Thank you for all encouragement and inspiration above, there is no doubt Avalon project will not grow up without your criticisms.

We learned a lot from our experiences with Avalon Gen1 chips. now we make the whole process much more smoothly, include packaging, testing, shipping and overall operational methods. Also,  we have new employees recently.

Therefore, we have expansion our Avalon Gen2 chips production capacity to 1-2PH per month form now, until our next gen chip takes over.

Of course, do not need to worry about the chips sell. We are offering design support and chip discounts for a number of "moved on" customers. I think you will see the first batch of their mining machines soon. Also, we will not waste a cent on losers.

Beyond that, we also perpared private facilities and resources for maching production. But now, we are focus on chip production, open-sourced machine design, enterprise class mining center design and deployment solutions. If there are any unpredictable issues with our partner, we can offer them OEM machines immediately in the worst case. Due to lack of end-user service resources, we may try to avoid retail mining machines directly.

Decentration is one for the most important spirit of Bitcoin, so we still stick to chip selling, rather than maching making or self-mining, this is our belief but needs the joint efforts of the whole community.

I don't want to fight, but there are something I want to protect in the future, so I fight.

PS:

Avalon Gen2 sample chips request:

Avalon Gen2 chips purchase:

http://avalon-asics.com/product/a3255-55nm-chip-500-count-reel/

note: we will upgrade 500 reel to 2500 reel soon.

Thanks for reading, have a good day and happy mining.

Did you fire Yifu?

aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:09:57 PM

happy mining.

Happy mining? But in what world do you live? The only one who has had hapy mining here was you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: