Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon auctioning their 55nm chips  (Read 8104 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:51:49 PM

They probably donate to forums... So no harm no foul.

This is a bit harsh, don't you think? They never stated in their terms of service a 100% delivery date if I am correct. They are crooks for mining with equipment for months before delivering, but it is our fault for trusting them. Forum has nothing to do with that, it is just a platform for exchanging information.

dont you recall the trade in program? or what?
and yes... they have bought more advertising which lines the forum owner's pockets... and they sit there figuring out a way to take
the money without looking like a bad guy. i read that thread recently. embarrassing.

and somehow xiangfu's negative feedback has cleaned itself up...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leoragraves666

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:27:49 PM

They probably donate to forums... So no harm no foul.

This is a bit harsh, don't you think? They never stated in their terms of service a 100% delivery date if I am correct. They are crooks for mining with equipment for months before delivering, but it is our fault for trusting them. Forum has nothing to do with that, it is just a platform for exchanging information.

dont you recall the trade in program? or what?
and yes... they have bought more advertising which lines the forum owner's pockets... and they sit there figuring out a way to take
the money without looking like a bad guy. i read that thread recently. embarrassing.

and somehow xiangfu's negative feedback has cleaned itself up...

I forgot about the trade ins, somehow slipped my mind, probably because I never owned a fpga device.

PC & Mac repairs
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:14:12 AM

Why are these fuckers not scammer tagged? is that not happening anymore?

Because as BFL they can't get a scammer tag if they are late on shipping, but i think there should be a scumbag tag special for them. And they refunded some money too.

It's not just late deliveries.  Most of the trade-in participants sent in their hardware and received nothing.

I believe there are also some customers who made regular Avalon purchases, sent their BTC, and received nothing.  No miner was shipped.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:45:22 PM

We learned a lot from our experiences with Avalon Gen1 chips. now we make the whole process much more smoothly, include packaging, testing, shipping and overall operational methods. Also,  we have new employees recently.

Of course, do not need to worry about the chips sell. We are offering design support and chip discounts for a number of "moved on" customers. I think you will see the first batch of their mining machines soon. Also, we will not waste a cent on losers.

Beyond that, we also perpared private facilities and resources for maching production. But now, we are focus on chip production, open-sourced machine design, enterprise class mining center design and deployment solutions. If there are any unpredictable issues with our partner, we can offer them OEM machines immediately in the worst case. Due to lack of end-user service resources, we may try to avoid retail mining machines directly.

So now you are hiring new employees, but in the spring/summer you didn't want to employ 1-2 people for customer service.

You say that you don't want to waste a cent on losers. Maybe you should say that to burnin who lost 20k euros because of your fuck ups. You do have a lot of guts to say that and also a lot of disrespect towards your customers who raised your company to where it is now.

I'm glad that you are prepared with private facilities, but aren't you afraid of the mights shady people who threatened you and your family? It seemed like a big issue this summer, but not anymore. Very weird.

Also why are you posting this and not BitSyncom who was the spokesman for the last period. Does he have too many bad ratings?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/11/13/sanitizing-bitcoin-coin-validation/

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:53:40 PM

We learned a lot from our experiences with Avalon Gen1 chips. now we make the whole process much more smoothly, include packaging, testing, shipping and overall operational methods. Also,  we have new employees recently.

Of course, do not need to worry about the chips sell. We are offering design support and chip discounts for a number of "moved on" customers. I think you will see the first batch of their mining machines soon. Also, we will not waste a cent on losers.

Beyond that, we also perpared private facilities and resources for maching production. But now, we are focus on chip production, open-sourced machine design, enterprise class mining center design and deployment solutions. If there are any unpredictable issues with our partner, we can offer them OEM machines immediately in the worst case. Due to lack of end-user service resources, we may try to avoid retail mining machines directly.

So now you are hiring new employees, but in the spring/summer you didn't want to employ 1-2 people for customer service.

You say that you don't want to waste a cent on losers. Maybe you should say that to burnin who lost 20k euros because of your fuck ups. You do have a lot of guts to say that and also a lot of disrespect towards your customers who raised your company to where it is now.

I'm glad that you are prepared with private facilities, but aren't you afraid of the mights shady people who threatened you and your family? It seemed like a big issue this summer, but not anymore. Very weird.

Also why are you posting this and not BitSyncom who was the spokesman for the last period. Does he have too many bad ratings?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/11/13/sanitizing-bitcoin-coin-validation/

That will be interesting and maybe useless in the future if zerocoin is implemented or any other form of full anonymity, but still Yifu refuses to be kind to the people that got him there. Such shame.

Edit: And wtf is wrong with Yifu, first he wants to "secure" the bitcoin network, now he wants to "sanitize" it...always nice words for a fucked up service.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:55:54 PM

Rofl if Bitsyncom's tool is used against him to find all the BTC he stole from Avalon customers.

IMO- such a tool will not be very useful. Someone can send tainted coins to an exchange or service and withdraw untainted coins. How are they going to connect the dots there? Obviously they need all the exchanges/services to cooperate. I seriously doubt they will be able to get EVERYONE to cooperate.

not to mention the fact tainted coins can be spent on mining hardware and all mined coins would be untainted an untraceable back to the original bad actor.

RoadStress: Things like this is why ZeroCoin is very important. I don't like the government having the power to create such a database. Let's implement ZeroCoin and laugh in their faces. Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:04:36 PM

Y I FU has balls of steel to get involved with that.Glad I didn't buy anything directly from Avalon.Those who did,he's gonna "share" your info with the US gov,did I read that correctly Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:39:57 PM

Y I FU has balls of steel to get involved with that.Glad I didn't buy anything directly from Avalon.Those who did,he's gonna "share" your info with the US gov,did I read that correctly Huh

Correction: The people involving themselves with Yifu either have balls of steel, or have not done their homework on just what sort of a businessman he is... Or maybe they did their homework and decided he's just corrupt enough to join their ranks...
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:50:18 PM

Correction: The people involving themselves with Yifu either have balls of steel, or have not done their homework on just what sort of a businessman he is... Or maybe they did their homework and decided he's just corrupt enough to join their ranks...

What Yifu has found a method to scam them too?

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:07:25 AM

worth the positive note that my 10 sample gen2 chips arrived today. Smiley

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
capitalaccent

Activity: 134

Bitleu Team

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 08:50:00 PM

Hi Ngzhang,
I have received your message and waiting for saple to come. Hope everything will work better and smoothly for us now. Thanks.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:32:14 PM

whens the next price drop, and some more gen2 units or open source designs coming?  8BTC/500 would be a much better price IMO that would actually encourage use

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
capitalaccent

Activity: 134

Bitleu Team

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:18:48 AM

whens the next price drop, and some more gen2 units or open source designs coming?  8BTC/500 would be a much better price IMO that would actually encourage use
I agree, the difficulty of miining grows everyday so prices must adapted, otherwise will not be able to sell much of these machines. Who will buy expired mining machines??

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:15:50 PM

I agree, the difficulty of miining grows everyday so prices must adapted, otherwise will not be able to sell much of these machines. Who will buy expired mining machines??

in the past month, avalon has been fairly good at dropping prices the day of/after difficulty rise. with the recent jump, and 12BTC/500 being excessive, a drop would be nice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: