Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokens  (Read 157 times)
jhopes67 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:24:57 PM

Hey all, I am fairly new to crypto and am not really understanding the difference between a utility and security token. I feel like utility token are really cool because you can buy real products with it? Does anyone know of any decentralized ICO's that use utility tokens for real products?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1581

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:17:10 PM

Hey all, I am fairly new to crypto and am not really understanding the difference between a utility and security token. I feel like utility token are really cool because you can buy real products with it? Does anyone know of any decentralized ICO's that use utility tokens for real products?

Most tokens allow you to buy services (less often products) or buy stuff with discount. These are utility tokens. Example: Quantstamp allows you to buy code safety audits. Other tokens give some dividends, like Astro or Ice Rock Mining.

Although there is a formal "test" to determine is anything is a security (Howei test), in general you can assume that tokens that pay you a return or a dividend or a share of profit are securities.

Fuzex, Node, WAX, Flip Game, ... and many other allow you to buy products with tokens.

vilello

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:16:10 AM

You can check this https://strategiccoin.com/ico-101-utility-tokens-vs-security-tokens/
and this https://strategiccoin.com/3-types-ico-tokens/
asdnguyenthanhtin

Activity: 100
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:44:53 AM

These are all token on coinmarketcap. They all have their own applications to life : https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/views/all/
Many tokens are used not only for the financial industry but also for other industries such as:
1. Identity and digital management
2. Digital election
3. Make medical records and health care
4. Academic certification
5. Music
6. Cloud storage
7. Car rental service
8. Carpool service
9. Assets
10. Housing service
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:24:01 AM

try to search on website that give you all info about some ICO like icobench, you can filter platform or any other, PLUS you can see how many points for that ICO.

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
ICO Enthusiast

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:48:23 AM

Tokens are a representation of a particular asset or application, that normally are living on top of any other blockchain. Tokens can constitute basically any assets that are fungible and tradeable, from commodities to loyalty points to even different cryptocurrencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: