Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCT Info App / API  (Read 130 times)
braindeadgenius (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:35:42 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 08:17:37 PM by braindeadgenius

After seeing a list of SMAS users (I still don't know what the exact definition of SMAS is), or in otherwords, users banned from signatures from Laudia, I decided I wanted to work on a little project. Also, I decided to do it after seeing some controversy on Lauda as well. I'm still new when it comes to knowing who the people are and the history.

Anyway, I figured the list of SMAS users would be a good start for the project, and then I could go from there. Currently, the project allows you to view a searchable table that lists the SMAS users, along with the reason why they're banned and the reference material for it. Since I pulled the users from Lauda's list, there was no reference material for the ~800 users.

(Near) Future Plans
  • I will add the ability to choose which field is the ascending / descending attribute.
  • Once I am able to get to it, there will be a direct link to the user's profile.
  • There will be more details available on each SMAS user as well (This is the "View" button that currently does nothing).
  • People will be able to contribute user's to the list. Contributions will be reviewed prior to addition.
  • People will be able to provide additional data for any user currently on the list. Contributions will be reviewed prior to addition.
  • Multiple language support
  • Farther future will be the (possible) incorporation of an API to allow you to pull info directly from my server, within reason. I need to learn how to properly develop APIs, so I may end up doing this.
  • Possible mobile app once the web framework is complete

I plan to add more features and more data to look at. I would like input on how the current site feels / operates. As well, I would like input on what could be added.

The project is coded in PHP primarily, utilizing the CodeIgniter 3 framework. The layout is using the MDB Bootstrap UI kit for Bootstrap 4. This may end up as an open source project, but we shall see.

You may view the current project status here:
https://bct.mainelysoftware.com/smas

Secondary, rather, Primary App
  • In addition to the SMAS users feature indicated at the link above, and though I plan to add more BCT features, I have begun development on an Airdrop / Bounty tracker system.
  • The system is currently more specific to the project I'm working on, but I think it could be generalized and easily modified to the need of the project.
  • Currently, the system is able to track
    • Telegram Followers
    • Twitter Followers
    • Validate ETH Address
    • Validate a URL that users claim they have shared posts at (Facebook + Twitter currently)
  • Unfortunately, Facebook does not allow users of the API to pull member information. So, tracking Facebook members / likes is still a manual task. If the page is a public group, then I may be able to write something that can scrape the data. But, as many projects create Facebook Pages, instead of Facebook Groups, this would not be feasible.
  • Finally, once the system updates the current list of followers, it determines the user's eligibility for the Airdrop / Bounty based on its performance. These checks are done daily.

You may view the current project status here:
https://bct.mainelysoftware.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
braindeadgenius (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:30:06 PM

I have updated the OP with content regarding a new Airdrop / Bounty system that I have begun implementing for automatic verification of user status for such events. There's still some work to be done, but let me know what you think.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: