Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Gray" mining. What do you think of it?  (Read 96 times)
baeva2 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:04:42 PM

Hello!

This is one type of cybercrime. Today, more and more people are engaged in mining. But since it requires a lot of resources and costs, the miners come up with new ways to reduce costs and increase their income.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:02:47 AM

You mean the hidden miners that Monero mines on people's computers? Of course, to this mining all are negative, except for those who do it. Now, mining is still profitable, although much of the money goes to pay for electricity. For those who do not want to spend money on equipment and worry about the electricity bill, there are 3 excellent ways: 1. Buy coins that support the PoS algorithm and simply receive coins on your wallet. 2. Invest in cloud mining and also receive ETH on your wallet as payments. 3. Buy coins that pay dividends and also receive payments to your wallet.
Jrein23

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

OP what do you mean by "gray" mining? Haven't heard much of it.

@Dasha88fed, I think most of the cloud mining services are just ponzi scheme. You'd rather buy your own rig than to invest it on these types of schemes.
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:13:29 AM

I think it's about hacking into someone else's computer, using the CPU of someone else's computer to dig.
It is true that more and more people are using invasive methods to reduce the cost of mining, because such profits are very high.

jack8989

Activity: 331

StartFi

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:17:09 AM

I think it's about hacking into someone else's computer, using the CPU of someone else's computer to dig.
It is true that more and more people are using invasive methods to reduce the cost of mining, because such profits are very high.
The profit is very high but I do not think this will be a long-term job and that is the job that is considered illegal.
Economic crimes will have to pay for that. I'm not interested in business models like this, I do not like to cause trouble to others. To have a good business environment, you need to be an upright person and the good fortune will come to you. Make money by yourself and eliminate phishing.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Elcapsono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:17:49 AM

If you hack into another computer, as has already been done by some people who put the software for mining into computers without the knowledge of the owners, then it's a crime. And so it's all not controlled, so you can calmly steal any coin. The main thing is that the capacity is enough to pay off even after 10 years.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:51:46 AM

I think if you take your computer to a store to fix or especially a private repair guy then you need to be careful that a secret crypto miner hasn't been installed on it. Also, the prevalence of miner viruses will be more widespread as it becomes more profitable and easier to get away with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: