Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:27:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rig keeps shutting off  (Read 350 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:10:55 AM

I added a new card for a
 total of 9. 2 AMD and the rest Nidvia. Everything was fine before. Max power is 70%, GPU clock 0 and memory +300. Two PSUs ♧. One 1200w and one 1000w. 8 GB of RAM.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:03:30 AM

I added a new card for a
 total of 9. 2 AMD and the rest Nidvia. Everything was fine before. Max power is 70%, GPU clock 0 and memory +300. Two PSUs ♧. One 1200w and one 1000w. 8 GB of RAM.

Are you using windows 10? Have you checked if it got updated lately?  I have a feeling it messed up with your drivers
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:20:01 AM

Tried sorting out the problem through deduction?

If you can afford to halt your operation, remove all the cards, one PSU and their risers.
Plug the newly added card to the best "working" riser and mine using only that card.
If the rig shuts down again, it's a bad card, if not, it's something else.

Better if you have a spare MoBo w/ components and a PSU for testing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NetopyrMan

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:34:34 AM

if rigs totaly shut down with no error its almost definetely PSU
i had similar problem even with reseter tool ... fan on 1 psu just stopped and it makes overheating of psu and his power-off overheating protection makes its job

and AMD and nVidia cards is realy great description :-D
you can have 2 vegas and 7 80ti and those psu you have are worthless Wink
so please, more specific list of gpus Smiley
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:43:47 AM

Try removing the GPU you just added and let it run for a while to check if that solves the shutdown problem. If the problem persists then its most likely your drivers. Try doing a resinstall using DDU. I always install AMD drivers first before NVIDIA. Good luck mate.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
bernike

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:05:22 AM

Try removing the GPU you just added and let it run for a while to check if that solves the shutdown problem. If the problem persists then its most likely your drivers. Try doing a resinstall using DDU. I always install AMD drivers first before
NVIDIA. Good luck mate.

I think same as it, maybe your last gpu to add have a problem ( not support driver ). Try to remove the last gpu and check or you can try only run rig with 1 gpu ( new gpu ).

Bitcoin Address: 1MBUC1okNaazGucCB7eHbv82rUxyNGNCAc
https://bizzilion.com/?ref=kumanjelek
NateDoggETH

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:01:18 PM

i had similar problem even with reseter tool ... fan on 1 psu just stopped and it makes overheating of psu and his power-off overheating protection makes its job

Im with this guy. we need to know if you on the type of gpus you have. and also are using 110v or 220/240v outlets also. PSUs will say its for a certian wattage amount, but it has to be on the right voltage to give that much juice also.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:30:18 PM

Tried sorting out the problem through deduction?

If you can afford to halt your operation, remove all the cards, one PSU and their risers.
Plug the newly added card to the best "working" riser and mine using only that card.
If the rig shuts down again, it's a bad card, if not, it's something else.

Better if you have a spare MoBo w/ components and a PSU for testing.

I have spare risers and MOBO. I took the AMD's off line and it hasnt shut down yet. Its not blowing fuses because I've checked and the power outlet is still on.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:31:41 PM

I have:

2 AMD Radeon Rx 580's Saphire Radeon Nitro + SE

4 GTX 1080 Hybrid;s

1 1080 FTW3

1 1080ti FTW3

1 MSI 1070 ti Armour
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:38:26 PM

How about my query above? Wink
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:40:08 PM

It did up date I believe. DO you recommend I reinstall the drivers?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

-snip-
I have spare risers and MOBO. I took the AMD's off line and it hasnt shut down yet. Its not blowing fuses because I've checked and the power outlet is still on.
Is the "newly added card" AMD or Nvidia?
If it is one of the NVidia Cards, It strongly suggest that it's either the Riser, the GPUs wasn't properly distributed between the two PSUs or the PSU can't power an additional card.

If it is one of the two AMDs that you took off, you just basically reset your rig to the "no problem" state.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:07:04 AM

I added a new card for a

Do ya mean rebooting?
Have ya seen a blue crush screen?
Checkout device manager and how drivers for all card is working. Is it properly. Reintall if neaded.
Have ya installed some programm watchdogs? Be carefull with them.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:09:38 AM

-snip-
Is the "newly added card" AMD or Nvidia?
If it is one of the NVidia Cards, It strongly suggest that it's either the Riser, the GPUs wasn't properly distributed between the two PSUs or the PSU can't power an additional card.

If it is one of the two AMDs that you took off, you just basically reset your rig to the "no problem" state.

It's not the mean of rebooting. It can be the course of not working some underpowered GPUs
But power balancying is not easy task it could be some problem. Even burning PCI-E ports
dimpsk

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:11:21 AM

I added a new card for a

Are you using windows 10? Have you checked if it got updated lately?  I have a feeling it messed up with your drivers

No connection with windows updates is here.  Most obviously problem - GPU drivers. Then - watchdog. Then PSU rebalancing.
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:36:11 PM

yep, try to use DDU

I added a new card for a

Are you using windows 10? Have you checked if it got updated lately?  I have a feeling it messed up with your drivers

No connection with windows updates is here.  Most obviously problem - GPU drivers. Then - watchdog. Then PSU rebalancing.

Sir, updating of windows made the drivers messed up Wink
dimpsk

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:21:03 PM

yep, try to use DDU

I added a new card for a

No connection with windows updates is here.  Most obviously problem - GPU drivers. Then - watchdog. Then PSU rebalancing.

Sir, updating of windows made the drivers messed up Wink

Actually not.  But better not to update windows if it works proppely I suggest.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:45:10 PM

Had the same on one of my rigs.
Changed everything, clean win install, ddu a few times, changed risers, tried with different psu, different GPU positions, nothing worked.

At the end it turned out to be a faulty ram module  Wink
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:04:33 PM

I added a new card for a

If you use Window 10 and Awesome miner together you will be able to get this issue for sure. Please confirm that are getting the notification like collecting data and recovery failed. If this is happening you must need to swap the OS you are using.
I do not think that power supply is the issue for it.
You may check all the cables you have connected on the mother board because due to vibration some of the cables get loosen from the board dude.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:16:23 AM

Some suggested PSU, Riser, also about the updated window.

waiting for the @OP update on the issue, whether have already taken suggestions from each member to solve the problem.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: