Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP !! I have experienced phishing  (Read 310 times)
ntodntodan69 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:56:03 AM

I lost some $ and some token on my wallet, can anyone help me return my assets?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:02:58 AM

In general, cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible. If you want to help protect others from falling for the same phish, you can forward the phishing email to reportphishing@apwg.org. This won’t help you recover your assets though. For obvious reasons, phishing site operators aren’t usually easy to get hold of. But at least be sure to change any compromised passwords.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
ntodntodan69 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:19:54 AM

In general, cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible. If you want to help protect others from falling for the same phish, you can forward the phishing email to reportphishing@apwg.org. This won’t help you recover your assets though. For obvious reasons, phishing site operators aren’t usually easy to get hold of. But at least be sure to change any compromised passwords.
so there is no way to recover my account? so I must surrender with the loss of my assets?
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 06:21:09 AM

Yes once the tokens are lost you are out of help and I dont think anyone can help you in the first place. Phishing sites are tricky they are look alike pages created an spread across the web through mails and links. In general if you click the same (for example MEW) then you will get the replica of MEW login page. Whenever you paste your phrases or keystone file their then you are actually uploading the same to those bloody hackers. If they log in and send the token wherever they want then thats like normal transaction and one bad thing about the blockchain is that, the transaction is irreversible and no one can get it back for you. The chain is both good and bad at sometimes. I would suggest you to move any tokens left over and just start using another wallet with more precautions this time.
ntodntodan69 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:26:08 AM

Yes once the tokens are lost you are out of help and I dont think anyone can help you in the first place. Phishing sites are tricky they are look alike pages created an spread across the web through mails and links. In general if you click the same (for example MEW) then you will get the replica of MEW login page. Whenever you paste your phrases or keystone file their then you are actually uploading the same to those bloody hackers. If they log in and send the token wherever they want then thats like normal transaction and one bad thing about the blockchain is that, the transaction is irreversible and no one can get it back for you. The chain is both good and bad at sometimes. I would suggest you to move any tokens left over and just start using another wallet with more precautions this time.
then what should I do to my wallet has been exposed to the phishing? whether this wallet should not be used again?
hotkhotk

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 06:27:59 AM

Which wallet you were using? MEW?
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:32:36 AM

grieving over the incident.

@bitperson then how to report such incident? is there a special format in sending e-mail reports
ntodntodan69 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:34:57 AM

yes, I use My Etherwallet and verify it with Private Key? I think it will be safe  Cry
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:38:32 AM

yes, I use My Etherwallet and verify it with Private Key? I think it will be safe  Cry
You have been a victim of phishing and there's no need to use that wallet anymore with the same private key. And crypto transactions can't be undone so when you have sent it to someone, there's no way to recover it. And as the hacker stole your tokens the only way to recover it if he's too good and will volunteer to return those tokens that he stole from you.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:39:15 AM

Although this is sad, the blockchain transfer is not reversible.
So you've lost this asset, but you have to give up this address as quickly as possible.

ntodntodan69 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:40:56 AM

You have been a victim of phishing and there's no need to use that wallet anymore with the same private key. And crypto transactions can't be undone so when you have sent it to someone, there's no way to recover it. And as the hacker stole your tokens the only way to recover it if he's too good and will volunteer to return those tokens that he stole from you.
Well, thanks for the advice, I will not use that wallet for the future. then if I create a new Wallet is there anything I need to do to prevent this from happening again?
ntodntodan69 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:52:20 AM

Although this is sad, the blockchain transfer is not reversible.
So you've lost this asset, but you have to give up this address as quickly as possible.
Where should I submit the report? how do i report this incident? what evidence should I attach?
bitperson

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:57:17 AM

In general, cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible. If you want to help protect others from falling for the same phish, you can forward the phishing email to reportphishing@apwg.org. This won’t help you recover your assets though.
@bitperson then how to report such incident? is there a special format in sending e-mail reports
No, just forward the phishing email with full headers. You don’t need to use the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format (MARF) or such.

When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
ntodntodan69 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:10:33 AM

In general, cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible. If you want to help protect others from falling for the same phish, you can forward the phishing email to reportphishing@apwg.org. This won’t help you recover your assets though.
No, just forward the phishing email with full headers. You don’t need to use the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format (MARF) or such.
e-mail phishing? I do not receive emails from anywhere? not new messages coming in my email inbox
Vz Ketua

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 07:24:15 AM

I do not know exactly what your problem is. If your account anyone knows the password better you create a new wallet for security.

bitperson

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:31:20 AM

e-mail phishing? I do not receive emails from anywhere? not new messages coming in my email inbox
The term ‘phishing’ refers to scammers ‘fishing’ for sensitive information by sending email, IM or similar messages, typically trying to lure their targets to enter their password on a fake website controlled by the scammer. Is this what happened to you?

D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:10:41 PM

I do not know exactly what your problem is. If your account anyone knows the password better you create a new wallet for security.
I also think so, never use the wallet for the future, change your wallet so you will avoid similar events
BitcoinBoster

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:13:02 PM

How did this happen?
If a transaction was made from your wallet, then it is not possible to cancel it.
And in general, money can not be returned because it is a decentralized system
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:22:01 PM

I'm not sure you can take back your tokens that have been stolen. chances are it will not work. because after all, your token has moved to someone else's wallet.
there is nothing you can do, unless you reinstall your computer. yes one one is just that and then you install with internet security, so as not to catch phishing again
gtx1060aa

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:23:17 PM

Most likely you are somewhere by mistake mistakenly left a secret key for your purse and you were hacked, sent money from your wallet is not possible to return
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: