Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token distribution using KYC verification  (Read 890 times)
Disclaimert (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:23:42 AM

several bounty projects, are now beginning to implement KYC on the distribution of their tokens
when I send my identity card is this safe? could it be misused?
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:50:50 AM

so far for verifying the distribution of your identity token will be safe and I'm sure it will not be misused
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:53:52 AM

I think the bounty thread needs to resist KYC data.
Because no one knows what these KYC data are used for, I think it's a very dangerous thing to give our KYC data.

Disclaimert (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

Because no one knows what these KYC data are used for, I think it's a very dangerous thing to give our KYC data.
I am also very afraid of it, and I doubt it will be sending the KYC data but if I do not follow the rules I will not receive the token I already get in the spreadsheet.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:08:41 AM

several bounty projects, are now beginning to implement KYC on the distribution of their tokens
It remains only to hope for honesty and decency of the project team that it was not a scam and that your data will not fall into the third hand. And so this is a very important procedure that will weed out bots and give you more money.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 07:09:48 AM

I don't like KYC verification actually, Its not ok if its bounty reward and they ask your id, I understand if you want to join private sale or pre sale, its forbidden in some countries to buy crypto, thats why they ask you, they don't want to break the law

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:15:26 AM

Its not safe, how you know kyc service can be hacked and your id's will be stolen

auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:16:26 AM

I think the reason why they use KYC in token distribution is to prevent double account, and for now I see it all safe, at least we didnt give any private key
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:16:48 AM

Agree with this we can't just give our KYC data directly to ICO website.  We are not sure if it is safe or not and also its a problem when someone can leak the datas. We can't just submit our data to every bounties and airdrops just to receive some tokens/coins.  From its name KYC(Know Your Customer) bounty hunters should not undergo this process because we are not their customers. If we look at it the ICO's are the customer of the bounty hunters because we work to advertise their project.
MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:17:16 AM

I am also very afraid of it, and I doubt it will be sending the KYC data but if I do not follow the rules I will not receive the token I already get in the spreadsheet.
Each bounty program has different rules with KYC, some can use identity cards and some people use passports. Of course, we must think positively to those who run bounty programs. I'm sure they just want to know the identity of the investors who invest with them through KYC verification.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:18:03 AM

Is this for bounty or the one who participated in their ico? If it's for ico then i think it's fine because they want to avoid getting into trouble with the government. For bounty it's also fine to do it because there's people who join with multiple accounts and with kyc the number will be reduced. Kyc is fine as long as they only use your data to verify the distribution and not selling it to other people.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:19:07 AM

If you need to, don't. At least I wouldn't even think twice to enter bounty campaign that has KYC in it, not because I want to hdie or anything, but simply I don't trust these startups much, nor do I trust bounty managers to keep my IDs safe. I even don't trust banks and always duble question myself when giving IDs to anybody and you expect me to trust these startups? Firs thing first they can do an exit scam and take your ID and sell it on dark market, their server with database might get breached due to low security and other scenarios. I am jsut not comfortable with giving my IDs to anybody if I don't have to.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:20:30 AM

I think the reason why they use KYC in token distribution is to prevent double account, and for now I see it all safe, at least we didnt give any private key

Its still not safe to just submit our KYC data to anybody. Those data can be use for fraud and also in other forums there are selling of KYC packs. A KYC must done by a KYC verified institutions and it will cost more to the ICO if all bounty hunters that participate their campaign will do KYC.
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:23:28 AM

If you find potential in the project then the company will surely ask for KYC, to implement KYC into a website it requires a lot of funds. So for internal verification and audit purpose company owners will ask for KYC documents, but sometimes it is frustrating whether they will use it for scams.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:23:45 AM

I dont like it, and would like the team behind the iCO project to announce it before the bounty start. If there is a KYC and submission of documents, i dont even want to start doing it. I cant just share my documents with dozens of companies, i just dont know where it will end, and for what is it used int the end. I have done a few campaigns that asked for KYC after they have finished, and i didnt give my ID. So not announcing it before the start is kind of wasting bounty hunters time.
Disclaimert (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:27:25 AM

Each bounty program has different rules with KYC, some can use identity cards and some people use passports. Of course, we must think positively to those who run bounty programs. I'm sure they just want to know the identity of the investors who invest with them through KYC verification.
hopefully that's just the purpose I fear if my identity will be misused by dev after token distribution done
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:30:06 AM

Its not safe, how you know kyc service can be hacked and your id's will be stolen
I'm also not sure KYC will be safe, if indeed dev does not intend badly against our identity. who can guarantee if our identity is hacked by others?
Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:32:28 AM

It is safe, I had joined bounty campaign twice that requires KYC. It is only part of their rules or maybe the company is based in US so it is required and don't you worry it is only a simple KYC procedure

Disclaimert (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:37:13 AM

It is safe, I had joined bounty campaign twice that requires KYC. It is only part of their rules or maybe the company is based in US so it is required and don't you worry it is only a simple KYC procedure
Thank goodness that, I will learn from your experience. if indeed you've been following a bounty program with KYC and you feel safe, I would also believe that it's safe
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:38:09 AM

The problem is that we've all heard about many projects being scam projects and people blaming developers and managers for scamming them and so on and so forth. Also currently there are regulations here and there and so these have led to the upsurge of KYC for bounty participants. At first these KYC things were for investors but they are integrating it into bounty campaigns as well. No project manager or developer wants to be held responsible for legal proceedings and hence they are trying to prevent that by taking that action so that in case there's any legal confrontation they'll be safe.
But I also believe that giving out our personal identification data to just anyone is not very good at all. Imagine the number of bounties you're in now and each one demands your identification data, very soon your data will be spread across the internet and one bad aspect is that we don't know who we're giving our data to. Some government officials can even intentionally create fake projects just to get the KYC details of cryptocommunity members because they think we're fraudulent people. So it's very dangerous giving out your data on the internet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: